Need advice...

Hanskruse

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new to posting on this forum, but have already read alot.

From I was 24 and one year after i lost alot of hair. I'm now 27. But since then i havent lost much. I've been using nizoral on and off, but not regularly. I didn't take anything then, but i'm looking into some mild treatments now. I'm thinking, since i havent experienced hairloss in some years, maybe i can add a bit. I don't really need anything to stop hairloss. But primarily something to thicken hair, or maybe even add some hair (regrowth, awaken sleeping follicles). Any suggestions?

Finasteride and minoxil are out of the question. Why? Side effects, and dependency unless i do something twice a day for the rest of my life. Rather go bald...

But, i need advice, what else is there to do? So many things i know...

Does nano shampoo cause dependancy? Does it thicken hair?

Is revivogen worth it? Would it be any point in taking it only for 6 months and then stopping?

Tricomin or Folligen? Which is best for thickening hair?

Anything else I should look into?

I would be really happy for any help and advice you could give me...

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Right now there isn't anything other than a hair transplant that you can do for a little while and then stop without losing it.

Do you know you get side effects from finasteride or minoxidil? Don't buy the hype, most people don't get them. (I can't even tell you what the side effects of minoxidil are.) Those 2 treatments + Nizoral have the most reported success.

Revivogen hasn't shown any positive results. It's also very expensive. I wouldn't bother with it.

A&G's hair complex and Greco's PRP procedure are exciting new treatments coming out. I suggest you look into them, but be careful with your expectations; we've been promised a cure for a long time. =p

Hanskruse

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Although I really wish someone would take the time to answer my questions..

The point is, i'm not loosing hair, so don't really see the need for finesteride. I will start with minoxil, but not before i've tried other, more natural stuff, first for 6 months.

So i'm just wondering about the other stuff, not finasteride and minoxidil...

I have to use a shampoo anyway, and if i'm only using one, would you go for nano or something else? (i'm already using nizoral 3x week) For instance, does nioxin shampoo work better?

Also, i would like to use a topical treatment. Folligen spray og Tricomin spray or Nisim extract treatment? Spectral RS? Kerastase Aminexil? Or something else? Again, I just want to use one.

I dont want to use revivogen forever, but can afford it for 6 months. Is there any point in using it only 6 months?

Please help....

Reaction score
hmm...

You might want to try rogaine foam, maybe.

I don't use any of the other stuff you listed (I use the big 3: liquid min., finasteride., and nizoral shampoo), so I can't comment on them.

I understand side effects and dependency being an issue as to whether or not to use min. and/or finasteride.

The thing is, these are treatments, so you would have to continue using them if they work for you.

Not everyone gets side effects with min., and the side effects are pretty minor. They include an itchy scalp, possible rapid heartbeat, and possible minor weight gain.

The rapid heartbeat usually comes with over absorption of min., which means you might be using too much, so you can cut back. You can exercise and work out to take care of any weight gain.

As for the itchy scalp, I believe people who use rogaine foam instead of liquid min. don't get itchy scalps, so that's why I say maybe try the foam.