Need Advice

hurricom

Reaction score
My hair is beginning to thin at the frontal hairline and just behind the frontal hairline, between the hairline and the crown. I already use Nizoral, and I plan to get on Propecia soon. Should I simply get Propeica/Proscar and keep up the Nizoral? Or should I also add Rogaine as well?

G

Depends on your aims. If you only want some thickening of your existing hair, then you should try the finasteride/nizoral combo first. If you also want to try to lower your hairline then you should add Rogaine as well. Good Luck!

G

Taugenichts said:
Depends on your aims. If you only want some thickening of your existing hair, then you should try the finasteride/nizoral combo first. If you also want to try to lower your hairline then you should add Rogaine as well. Good Luck!

will rogaine give me a hairline like this?

man_021605_big.jpg

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hurricom, I would just add in the finasteride for now. Give it some time, perhaps a year or so, before you make any evaluation of your progress. After that, you can decide whether or not you might want to add in minoxidil. Basically, why start up a somewhat tedious minoxidil regimen if you can instead solve your hairloss issues by popping a pill each day? Hopefully the finasteride alone will do the trick... and then you can keep the minoxidil in your hip pocket as an additional weapon to bring to bear later in your life, if things start to get worse and you need a new dose of "uuumph!" to your regimen.

And, I highly recommend sticking with the Nizoral, 2 or 3 times a week.