need advice pls help!

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...Happy New Year to everybody on these boards.

I need advice. My situation is still getting better ( some vellus hair have turned to thicker and darker hair.This makes quite good cosmetic effect commented by lot of people around).

Although my hair is improving cosmeticly, everytime I touch my hair, tons of them fall out. I am starting month 6 on finasteride. Do you think that this falling will stop when finasteride starts to work in few months?And generally, what do you thin about this situation?

If this is shedding, should I just wait for end of shedding or is it better to stick with something that controls it (folligen)?

Thank you for replies in advance.

Ledvoush

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Led -

I haven't heard that Folligen controls shedding. Shedding is a natural thing that happens to everyone, folligen or not. Its the cycling of hairs. Propecia seems to make it go faster sometimes, and makes more hairs go dormant at once.

Please make sure you are using nizoral shampoo. It will help strengthen and make your scalp much healthier for the Propecia to work.

The best advice you can have right now is to stick with your regimen and give it time. You're at 6 months. You're right in the middle of when Propecia is doing its best work so give it at least 10 to 12 months before you consider changing your regimen at all.

Remember that adding and taking away from your regimen should be done VERY sparingly, and preferrably not at all. You introduce new things into the equation and can kick things off balance by doing so. Only add something if you've given your current regimen at least 6 months to a year to do its best, and are not seeing results.

HairLossTalk.com

G

My personal experience is that folligen absolutely curtails shedding. That just may be me.