Need Advice On Possible Early Gyno Symptoms

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone that has dealt with gyno from finasteride before I'd like your advice.

I ordered Hasson and Wong's finasteride and have been using it for around two weeks, my shedding stopped almost immediately and I had a ball ache during the first week which went away as well. However, for the past 4 days my breasts have been quite sore and I am already scared that it could be possible gyno related symptoms.

The pain did start after 4 straight days which I ran a lot in and I think constantly checking for lumps on my breast may be making it worse.

The advice I need is if I should carry on using the topical finasteride or not. And anyone's personal experience is also welcome, if the pain goes away, if you think I am overreacting, what "tender" breasts mean, and if I should discontinue the treatment straight away or not.

If I do develop lumps are they likely to go away with discontinuation?

As for my nipples, they maybe sore but they aren't puffy and behind them I couldn't feel any hard tissue. If I press with my finger deep enough there is a small bump which I think is muscle but I am unsure.

For the record, I have already contacted my GP and have an appointment in 3 days, but I'd also like to know from the users here.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time you determine if it's gynecomastia, it will probably be too late, though minimal. Finasteride is known to do this for some people, and no, it doesn't usually go away. Would you consider it worth it to maintain your hair but possibly undergo a gynecomastia removal? This is inevitably what some people end up doing. It all depends on if you value your hair and self image more/less than your masculine chest and/or other health issues. I personally don't think it's worth it. Better to have hope in the future of hair loss treatments I think.

Last edited:

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sucks, you get punished for trying to keep what most other people get with no sacrifice.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sucks, you get punished for trying to keep what most other people get with no sacrifice.
I am not being punished, after I started this thread I took advice from someone on reddit tressless and I went off finasteride for 2 weeks then restarted but once every other day only.

The pain is gone and my breasts are fine now.

I will keep an eye out thought, if the pain starts again I will go off finasteride completely.

Thanks for the advice though.