Need Advice On Hair Shedding From The Crown

kllompet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I am a 24 year old male, with a bald father, semi bald paternal father, and my maternal grandfather died at 52 with almost all his hair (besides some receding). Now I figured since my father was bald, I would eventually lose my hair. However, my father said he started losing his slowly at 19. I had long hair until 21 and besides being a bit oily, my hair was very good, although it was always thin (being blonde and quite red/pink also makes it look thinner). So I figured I would keep them decent at least until 30 or so.

However, during the last 1-2 months, I have found this weird bald pattern in my crown. My front has been slowing receding a bit, but nothing unusual, pretty much almost all my friends that have some receding are either same or worse. Receding isn't bothering me, since it's very natural, and it doesn't look that bad until quite far. However, this pattern in the crown is what is bothering me, since I feel there's not point on not shaving your head if your crown is bald, no matter how good the front and sides look. It's not like a regular radial thinning but it's a bit of a weird two part lines.

I am very healthy, I have been seriously working out for the last 3 years and I was doing sports since 11. I eat a lot of lean protein, vegetables and fruits. I avoid sugar (besides fruit), although I do eat a lot of carbs since I do powerlifting. I have not taken any kind of supplements, and during my whole teen life, I have taken medicaments only once (some antibiotics for a stomach infection 2 years ago almost).

Approximately how much time I could have left on the crown? I would rather shave the head than take medicaments if that's my only option.

I will attach some pictures.Thank you in advance and I apologize for the long post, and if I couldn't get good angles on my hair.

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 1232.JPG
    1232.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 101

Vort.exe

My Regimen
Reaction score
The good thing about blonde hair is that it can cover thinning areas pretty well.
As far as how long you've got until you become slick bald, no one can honestly tell since it's more of an individual thing than a specific timeline. Keeping an eye on some specific areas from time to time might be the best thing to help you predict the intensity and speed of your hairloss.
And trust me, no matter how healthy you eat, how much vitamins you take, how many calories you burn, if hairloss is in your genes, it's gonna happen sooner or later unless you hop on medication before it's too late.