Need Advice/Help for my female friend.

jsmith1980

Reaction score
Hello, i'm a guy. but i'm here on behalf of a good female friend of mine. she's russian and lives in moscow. And basically let me give her story - she's 32 and simply put when she was younger she had very full hair. but in the last few years she was having issues with the thyroid. And even though she took medicine for it...to help

her hair is not as full as it used to be. but - she learned to accept it. But lately she has been under alot of stress.. because of her new job. Lack of sleep at times, high blood pressure, crazy work schedule and other forms of stress in her life.

she is developing a balding pattern. i would like to show photos of her hairline she share with me - is it okay? she claims it happen quickly after she begin this new stressful job. she lives in moscow - and she will soon get a free consultation from a hair loss clinic in moscow.

but we both agree that progressive receding hairline is a result of major stress.

and i feel terrible because she really needs this new job she has - so it's not like "hey go on a vacation and rest for a few days" - she's very scared about her hair-loss. i would like to share photos of her hairline to show the progression.

Does anybody have suggestions - advice. I'm a bald man myself. And to tell you the truth - i used to have full head of hair - but i was under alot of stress and one day i noticed a balding pattern developing during a very stressful time in my life - and i just chose to go bald...so maybe there are similarities.

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I personally do not believe that emotional stress alone can cause hair loss. I hate to see people attributing their hair loss to a new job, a recent move, end of a relationship, etc, all "common" stressors that everyone experiences from time to time.

All of the research I've done indicates that the only "stress" that causes hair loss is significant physical trauma, like major surgery, or malnourishment.

This is just my opinion.