Need advice from XANDROX users

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I was looking for a nongreasy and fast drying min and according some of the veterans advice here I had a consultion with Dr.Lee. Although I am new to minoxidil he suggested me to get on Xandrox 15 at nite and Xandrox 5/min 5% at day. Mine is a diffuse thinnig case going NW5A pattern. Major loss is in front. Here it is guys anybody here got on Xandrox 15 right away? what are the merits and demerits doin that. I really need a quick drying and non greasy Minoxidil. Can I use std Xandrox5 in daytime? or should I use Std Min 5% in daytime? Dr said std forms of Min is quick drying and non greasy. But I am thinking Xandrox wud be better but I donno if its greasy. Is min/Xandrox 5% in AM and Xandrox 15% enough to fight DHT and get some regrowth? Please advice me here.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A combination of Minoxidil and Xandrox solutions is very good at regrowing hair, but it's always best to include Propecia in your hairloss regimen, as well as Nizoral shampoo.

Aside from the lecture on using Propecia, here's the scoop. Xandrox 15 is a very greasy liquid. You put it on for about an hour, then you can wash it off and do whatever. It's usually put on the hairline and temples, but you can put it all over your scalp if you want.

As far as Xandrox goes, it's slightly better than standard minoxidil. In any case, make sure you're using something with at least 5% minoxidil.

Dr. Lee makes a fast-drying minoxidil solution that will dry in about 10 minutes, I believe.

Using minoxidil during the day and Xandrox 15 during the night will definitely give you some results, but it's always advised to have Propecia and Nizoral in your regimen. Remember that.

Best of luck,
Andy

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Aplunk1. Now my consern is in day time What is the best to use in terms of qucik dry and non greasy solutions is it Dr.Lee's Std Min 5% or Xandrox 5%. He said his std Min is definitely non greasy and xandrox leaves a hair spray effect. Since my hair is too thin to use gel and sprays and I like the dry look...I dont know how exactly xan5% is on head. I want to Xan 5% in day if its dry off ..and Xan 15 % at nite..Need help here
Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I would personally use the standard minoxidil 5% from Dr. Lee during the day, if I were in your situation.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats what I am thinking ..I want to know how does it feel after application of Xandrox 5% in day time as I am tending a bit towards that coz its better than min ..Any daytime Xandrox 5% daytime users?? Can u share the your experiences..Thanks

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
regrowing_hair said:
Thats what I am thinking ..I want to know how does it feel after application of Xandrox 5% in day time as I am tending a bit towards that coz its better than min ..Any daytime Xandrox 5% daytime users?? Can u share the your experiences..Thanks

even Dr. Lee suggests - or at least he used to suggest - that one get on 5% for at least 6 months before going to the 15%. Some guys respond amazingingly well to the 5% and don't even need to go to the 15%.

If you're just starting out on the minoxidil superhighway - my suggestion is to start w/ plain old 5%.

Down the road you can bump up to xandrox5%, retin-a, 15% etc.

Good luck.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same way. He suggested me to get on 15% and after good regrowth..can get back to 5% for maintenance..BTW what are the merits/demerits on starting 15% right away??

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
regrowing_hair said:
Yeah I was thinking the same way. He suggested me to get on 15% and after good regrowth..can get back to 5% for maintenance..BTW what are the merits/demerits on starting 15% right away??

There are probably more reasons not to start out w/ 15%. Off the top of my head . . .

un-necessary expense,
inconvenience (the 15% is like going to bed w/ glue in your hair),
perhaps a nastier shed,
you might not need it if you're a good 5% responder,
keeping the 15% "in reserve" if needed in the future.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
If 15% is best out there I would mind the expense..Now thing which is concerning me is "inconvenience (the 15% is like going to bed w/ glue in your hair)" Is it that greasy..would it dry up in an hr...I 've used herbal oils for 6 monhts before ..man bad feeling..pilows stinck..so greasy..Dr .Lee said dries up in a hr..I can wash after 1 hr...Anyone using 15% has any complaints abt the greasyness??.. Abt responding to 5%..I am on generic Min 5% 1Xday since 3 weeks and hairfall is complete halted..I dont c no hair in shower ..while iam applying topicals..etc..used to be bad before..Looks like I am good resonder..If 15% can have more benefits I wanna try that ..I dont wanna waste time for 6 months and get on something later..and Since I have a major frontal hair loss Dr recommend to get on 15% right away..he said 15% is more effective on front and temples..what you guys think..Also I want 15% users to share their experience on how they use it and do they wash it off or leave it on head for over nite..

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
regrowing hair,
I used to be a big fan of xandrox 5 and 15.
start with minoxidil 5 (#500) if you are less than Norwood 3 in my opinion.
To be honest, azelaic acid didn't do much for me. i went from Nw6 to NW5. but probably because of finasteride and minoxidil.
use that money on SODs like Dr. Proctor's products, tricomin or folligen.
xandrox 15 never dries. you have to use a shampoo to get rid of the residue. it is very sticky (like a maple syrup). you can wash in 2 hours. i have done that.

beaner

Reaction score
Cosmetically speaking, I think Xandrox 5% is great. After it dries, the azelaic acid in the solution, leaves your hair looking much thicker and fuller. Run a brush or comb through it and it looks as if you've used a good thickening product. Just my humble opinion.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Joe just sent me some azaelic acid.

I've dropped X15 after 2 years - don't really think it ever helped me all that much.

I''m switching to Ozbrew in the evenings. Once I mix up my next batch - I'll be adding azaelic acid to it (xandbrew?).

I was using a straight azaelic acid mixure all week followed by superzix followed by ozbrew. I was off work all week so I had time to play around.

This morning for the first time, I'm using homemade xandrox 2.5%. Dr. Lee's regular old 5% minoxidil w/ some of Joe's azaelic acid added. Works good, looks good, and cost effective.

Now if I can just grow some damn hair :)

beaner

Reaction score
hey hair_tomorrow....is Joe selling azelaic acid again? I went to his website a couple days ago and the azelaic acid wasn't available. I'd love to get my hands on some......

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
beaner said:
hey hair_tomorrow....is Joe selling azelaic acid again? I went to his website a couple days ago and the azelaic acid wasn't available. I'd love to get my hands on some......

his e-mail address is on his web site. send him a note - he definitly has the AA available.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
Joe just sent me some azaelic acid.

I've dropped X15 after 2 years - don't really think it ever helped me all that much.

I''m switching to Ozbrew in the evenings. Once I mix up my next batch - I'll be adding azaelic acid to it (xandbrew?).

I was using a straight azaelic acid mixure all week followed by superzix followed by ozbrew. I was off work all week so I had time to play around.

This morning for the first time, I'm using homemade xandrox 2.5%. Dr. Lee's regular old 5% minoxidil w/ some of Joe's azaelic acid added. Works good, looks good, and cost effective.

Now if I can just grow some damn hair :)

I made my own xandrox 5% as well. Notice how it makes the minoxidil smell
different and it seems to change the constistency of minoxidil. I agree it is more cost effective, then buying Dr. Lee's Xandrox 5%. Azelaic acid http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/produ ... &sku=&sel=

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
beaner said:

his e-mail address is on his web site. send him a note - he definitly has the AA available.

I just checked his website too. Now I'm not sure about the AA availability - still wouildn't hurt to drop him a line though.

beaner

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":ffead]
beaner said:

I just checked his website too. Now I'm not sure about the AA availability - still wouildn't hurt to drop him a line though.[/quote:ffead]

Thanks, maybe I'll try anyway. That link above your post looks like an option as well....25.99 for 25 grams? Not sure about the prices of AA but looks like I can make quite a few bottles of "Xandrox" with that amount.....would definitely save some $$ if I decide to continue the xandrox route.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Steve4263 said:
Cole parmer is cheaper hair_tomorrow.

Wow, I missed that link first time around. Yeah it's great to know there's another place to get the stuff as so many guys are always asking.

I guess it's OK to say this - but Joe sent me some AA gratis, free, no charge. He sent me a hilarious e-mail a few weeks back saying he'd be pissed if I didn't send him my snail-mail because he wanted to send me some. So in my case - HIS was cheaper :) I know Joe doesn't frequent this forum - but just in case he's lurking "Thaks again Joe"