Need advice for my treatments, im new to this

Ikbakkk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Help, iam 22M. Been using tropical minoxidil for 2 months. And i am very late to treat this, i think my hair is norwood 5(?). Any advice or is it still repairable?

Attachments

• 20210715_140954.jpg
    20210715_140954.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 72

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, your hair isn't NW5. It's very repairable actually, BUT you are missing a key component in your treatment: a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. Minoxidil will probably give you good results short term, but long term it's a disaster if not paired with something to suppress dht, because your balding will continue in the background. My advice is that you get on finasteride too. I personally would've started with finasteride first since it's a bit more convenient than minoxidil and it might've worked on its own, but it's not bad if you combine them both. You're very likely to regrow your crown and whatever still has some hair left and with the help of finasteride, you'll maintain everything (BUT DON'T GET OFF MINOXIDIL, BECAUSE MINOXIDIL GAINS AREN'T MAINTAINED WITH FINASTERIDE!!!!). Good luck!

Ikbakkk

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, your hair isn't NW5. It's very repairable actually, BUT you are missing a key component in your treatment: a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. Minoxidil will probably give you good results short term, but long term it's a disaster if not paired with something to suppress dht, because your balding will continue in the background. My advice is that you get on finasteride too. I personally would've started with finasteride first since it's a bit more convenient than minoxidil and it might've worked on its own, but it's not bad if you combine them both. You're very likely to regrow your crown and whatever still has some hair left and with the help of finasteride, you'll maintain everything (BUT DON'T GET OFF MINOXIDIL, BECAUSE MINOXIDIL GAINS AREN'T MAINTAINED WITH FINASTERIDE!!!!). Good luck!
Thank you for the feedback, now i am trying to add finasteride for the treatment.

vishal165

My Regimen
Reaction score
Help, iam 22M. Been using tropical minoxidil for 2 months. And i am very late to treat this, i think my hair is norwood 5(?). Any advice or is it still repairable?
Hello, I checked your image and you need PRP Therapy. PRP Therapy is good therapy for hair regrowth and strong your exiting hair's, and you need approx. 3 to 4 PRP sessions and cost depend on your location if you're from India so cost 3 PRP Package approximately around 25000/-.

Ikbakkk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I checked your image and you need PRP Therapy. PRP Therapy is good therapy for hair regrowth and strong your exiting hair's, and you need approx. 3 to 4 PRP sessions and cost depend on your location if you're from India so cost 3 PRP Package approximately around 25000/-.
Thanks for this advice, maybe gonna use prp after i got some job and collecting my own money. For now i don't think can afford PRP therapy