Need Advice, Been On Finastride - Am I Shedding?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys been on finastride for 1 year now. Alongside Minoxidil for 2 years.

It seemed like it was stablizing my hair only but I think I may be going through some form of shed as I notice a few more hairs then normal when I style my hair and also, which really upset me is that, my hairline now has almost patches appearing where it is thinning out.

will this get worse? is this normal? this is 1 year in

So the picture on the left is me just 1 month ago, it's not clear but the hairline wasn't effected so obviously like it is now

the picture on the right is me exposing the hairline showing these type of gaps appearing

I'm considering doing Micro Scalp Treatment as I don't want do a transplant as i've been told it's too early for that and also it's too expensive for me.

Does anybody have any advice for me?

I take 1MG Finastride for 1 year

Attachments

• xxxx.jpg
    xxxx.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 205

Andy31

Reaction score
Your hair looks near perfect to me. I think most guys wish their hair looked like yours.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've got pretty god hair dude. Don't freak out! If you have no sides on Fina you should probably give it more time. If you decide to go off just make sure you read into depth about potential risks and how to come off of it safely. Also, SMP wouldn't be recommended for you. Like hair transplant, SMP is for people whose hair lose has settled. Plus you don't need it. Keep a photo journal of your hair line and see if there is any change in the fine hairs. If they thicken up then I guess you are responding to treatment. (Disclaimer: I do not take fina so my statements are based on reading from others).