Need advice about sides

el longhorn

Reaction score
I started propecia 8 days ago at .25mg every evening. Being its barely been a week I need help from you guys as what to do. My balls have been aching since the first or second dose but has dulled out the past few days. My libido has dropped and it is somewhat hard to attain erections now. The past 2 mornings the wood has been pretty weak and if i did work up to full erection it wouldn't last as long as it normally would. Hmm, other than that my body just feels a little strange, I'm not sure if its a little fatigue or brain fog, but I feel a little off. Maybe its just from the nut aches making my stomach feel weird? idk.
Anyway, I picked up 50mg Zinc from the pharmacy today and took it earlier tonight. I will probably take another 25 or 50mg in the morning before I go into work. I have not taken a dose of finasteride tonight and will probably take a lower taper dose in the early morning. Do you guys think I should hop of finasteride asap? or are these just sides from my body adapting? I really don't want to stop since this is pretty much the only way I will keep my hair. Maybe I should wait a few months and try it again :/ What do you guys recommend?

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought side effects like what you are describing were 'my body adapting' but propecia was actually completely ruining my body. I would recommend that you quit the drug now and feel grateful that you haven't carried on taking it - but I am bias, I still have terrible side effects 9 months after quitting.

Ende

Reaction score
The ball ache is a sign of your body adapting, and it may be hard to get an erection if you're having pain in that area. However, reduced libido and ED isn't a good sign.

Make sure you have zinc picolinate. Take 50 mg before bed, and 50 mg in the morning. Give it a week, quit finasteride and continue with zinc, if your symptoms haven't improved by then.

el longhorn

Reaction score
I bought some cheap zinc from cvs it was the only one they had, but I'll stop by gnc today and get zinc picolinate. Erections felt better this morning. I skipped a dose of finasteride last night and I don't think I'm going to take any this morning. I looks like I'm done with finasteride for a while if not ever.