Need Advice 3 Months Proscar 32 Yrs Old

daniel jones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been browsing these forums for a while and need a second opinion, noticed my hair was gradually getting worse over the last 4 years im 32 now and decided to see a Doctor 3 months who prescribed 5mg proscar which I cut up into roughly 1.25 pieces, was taking them everyday for 2 months but did notice sex drive/interest in women was pretty low and erections weak but then again I'm single so hard to tell.. anyway dropped the dose to 1.25 MWF and I feel like libido is a bit better but I do think the lowered dose is not working as well as every day

I've attached some photos, temples and crown are agreesively thin and overall hair is pretty fine and wimpy altough better than a few months ago

I'd really like to get my hairline back to where it was a few years ago if possible but am I fighting a losing battle or is it just too early to see a significant improvement?

I dont use nizoral shampoo either but do take phyto vitamins for hair too, is there anything else I should be doing? I already exercise 4 times a week and eat fairly well but I am on a strict budget so cant afford expensive treatments

hair1.jpg
hair3.jpg
hair6.jpg
hair1.jpg hair3.jpg hair6.jpg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hah ! I knew a really good soccer player named Daniel Jones when I was younger.

You're basically averaging 0.5 mg/day of finasteride, plus nizoral, when you only have moderate aggressiveness in your baldness. You still have decent hair for a 32 year old. It should be enough for you to at least maintain. I would wait a few months before opting for changes.

If you don't see any progress within three months, your other options are:
- Switching to dutasteride;
- Adding minoxidil;
- Adding RU;

I hope your libido and sex drive recover.

daniel jones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks alot man, appreciate the reply and the advice. Funnily enough I also play soccer, but poorly!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I first noticed hair gains after 7-8 months on finasteride. You have to give these treatments time

daniel jones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking of quitting cold turkey, I love my hair but I think the sides are persisting and it's not worth the risk is this a bad idea?

daniel jones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, I've always looked young for my age so its considerably worse than 2 or 3 years ago. Weak, thin hard to style. Still single