Need a couple opinions from people who have been in game for a lot longer

cowboycowboycowman

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up guys I want to preface this by saying that my loss was very early, still is early as well. I'm 19 years old which probably contributes to that. Hopped on finasteride a month after I turned 18. Been on it around 15 months now at this point. Felt like I was losing ground after being on it, but honestly have come to realize it was mostly paranoia to best honest. Half-brother who we share a father with a NW2, he's at a NW4 right now. Big Latino family, ranges from a NW0-NW7 across mother (her two brothers were the NW7) and dad's families. You don't care about that. Started min topical 5 months ago, derma roll at 1.5mm a week and apply tretinoin to my hairline before the application of min. A mistake in my opinion because there was not really much to grow back honestly. In this five months my natural widows peak has become lifeless and wispy, and I have a much worse part of my hair (still nothing dire, but it has gotten worse considerably). I had hair greed for no reason and it's bitten me in the ***. I should stick to this, and you think it may bounce back, or should I add anything else to my routine to balance this out? I want to keep as much as I can for as long as possible I think I just need to learn to be patient, appreciate what I have and learn that if it's in my genes some thinning is going to happen but to not freak the f*** out all the time. That being said it has been getting worse at what I feel like is every day. I just want some guidance and opinion what to do if you were me young and early in the battle. Also want to pitch in that a dermatologist did confirm temple thinning being to start in May 2020 when I first got finasteride. Be honest with me, I know I'm not anywhere even close to bald.

- July 2021
- September 2020- March 2020 (Mid march is when I first started min)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am thinking that you have lovely lashes and nice hair. I was expecting wiry, coarse thinning hair. Some of what you have is a jagged vertical hair line in front of your ears which is probably only part of a maturing hair line. Guys like Christian Slater and Al Pacino have this and it is pretty common, some times with temple recession but yours might not progress. I would stay on the finasteride because finasteride is for maintenance above all. It's very hard to regrow hair in front of the ears where it runs into the sideburns area and most of us don't even notice that that hair is gone for a very long time.

Anything that I can discuss, please ask.

Best,
Janey

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, your hair looks great, very good density too... I'm amazed your family history is kinda worrisome, with how good your hair looks. Stay on your current regimen and you should be fine for a while, worst case scenario you might need a hair transplant eventually and that may be enough to have decent hair till you're middle aged.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be so happy with your hair. I literally see 0 balding whatsoever. Being on finasteride shouldn't even be needed but you know yourself better than anyone. My god your hair is like nw1, highly thick and model like.

Definitely think you're worried about absolutely nothing at the moment