Nearly bald at 14

Givemehope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to all that take the time to read this.

Ive had a very difficult journey.
As a young child i had a full head of hair. Infact my parents said i had a mop of hair.

But when reaching puberty. It all changed. I developed thin diffused hair all over, not just the top but the sides also. I also developed a recession, like a widows peak which hasnt budged for over 20 years.

My father still has hair now and he is 74

As you can see from my photos, the difference is huge. The second one being when i was 14 and if you zoom in you can clearly see how thin and recessed my hair is.

But not much has changed. I still have hair, admittedly its still very thin. 66% of my hairs are single strand. Ive taken propecia and minoxidil for a over two years with no results.

My trichologist says i have male pattern baldness, but i find it really hard to believe. How can i lose so much hair, so aggressively in the space of a year for it to then just stop and leave me with this thin whispy pathetic head of hair. Im now 34 and really struggling as it is slowly getting worse.
Obviously with age, but my baseline was pathetic to start with.

Can anyone give me an insight if it could be anything else.

Ive checked my thyroid and bloods are all normal.

Maybe its just my pathetic genes. But none of it makes any sense.

Who nearly goes bald at 14 but still has hair at 34 not very different to the original picture?

Attachments

• IMG_20220307_171418.jpg
    IMG_20220307_171418.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_20220307_171355.jpg
    IMG_20220307_171355.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 403

CTD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that's bizarre that your hairloss was that aggressive at such an early age but yet stopped progressing for the next 20 years. If your loss isn't that aggressive right now maybe you should experiment with low level laser therapy. It might be able to thicken your existing hair enough to make a cosmetic difference.

Givemehope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that's bizarre that your hairloss was that aggressive at such an early age but yet stopped progressing for the next 20 years. If your loss isn't that aggressive right now maybe you should experiment with low level laser therapy. It might be able to thicken your existing hair enough to make a cosmetic difference.
Yeah i know. Its been pretty tough.
It is getting worse which is normal as im Getting older but my baseline was pathetic to start.

Im trying oral minoxidil and dutasteride for now.
See how that goes.
Although i dont hold out much hope