Natwraggie's Story (age 18) *Update* March 19th 2010

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Natwraggie's Story (age 16)

from balding blog?

the same hairloss Doctor who says that its not male pattern baldness if hair is thicker at the end than the root end when it falls out?? The guy isnt that sharp on the subject

I can put my hand on my heart and tell you my hairline has never in my creation touched the top wrinkle. bout 1.5cm away. I have looked at child photos of myself wearing a facial expression that ahs the wrinkles on my forehead and the hairline does not touch it. Never did...and im a guy with a pretty good hairline that isnt dramatically different than when in was young.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
the same hairloss Doctor who says that its not male pattern baldness if hair is thicker at the end than the root end when it falls out??

So thats not true =/

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Apparently the Doctor said exclamation point hair as its called is not male pattern baldness. Unfortunately it is...

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Ah right

I'm still wandering about what to do?
I know I'm going bald, and I've heard the more body hair and the earlier you got body hair indiciates agressive DHT. So what can I do? Saw Palemetto now?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If i was you i would do the following..

1. Your too young for finasteride (propecia) so Yes you could try saw Palmetto tabs. Gel tabs are better than the hard ones i hear.

2. Battling hair loss is all about timing. The earlier the better. However in your case being 16 is too early imo. Your still a kid effectively. You could buy some minoxidil or rogaine as they call it in shops. The generic version such as Kirklands can be bought very cheaply. However i would advise against this as you shouldnt take minoxidil until you really need it as its effectiveness will wear off after a while. So again i would wait until your 18...no earlier

3. Nizoral Shampoo is a good idea. Stops itchiness and blocks dht too a degree. It can be bought in a chemist for cheap enough.

4. Stop stressing out so much about it. Your 16 and school etc is more important. I dont think things will change much until your around 18 anyways.

5. When your 18 take a trip down to the docs and get some propecia.

good luck buddy

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks a lot for that. I'll have to start saving up for all this stuff, as it I can see it becoming very expensive.

If anyone has any additional information please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

--------*Update*--------

I'm now using Saw Palmetto, and I'll be on this until I'm 18.

Its a 450mg and has 100 capsules in. Doasge- Take 2 capsules twice a day.

Contains Soya

Ingredients: Saw Palmetto Powder, Capsule shell (gelatine)

Should I take 1 capsule twice a day? Or should I go with 2 capules twice a day?

Boondock

Reaction score

There's no standard dosage with saw palmetto, so the honest answer is that nobody knows. A fairly standard dose, however, is to go for 360mg, ensuring that you have the concentrated form of the saw palmetto extract with 85-95% fatty acids. By the sounds of it, you have a powder version, so the dose may be higher.

Did you have any instructions with it when you bought it? If not, if I was in your position I'd either buy the saw palmetto extract, or take 1 capsule to see how well I tolerated it before upping to take if everything was fine.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Boondock said:
There's no standard dosage with saw palmetto, so the honest answer is that nobody knows. A fairly standard dose, however, is to go for 360mg, ensuring that you have the concentrated form of the saw palmetto extract with 85-95% fatty acids. By the sounds of it, you have a powder version, so the dose may be higher.

Did you have any instructions with it when you bought it? If not, if I was in your position I'd either buy the saw palmetto extract, or take 1 capsule to see how well I tolerated it before upping to take if everything was fine.

Yeh ok. Thanks SO much for telling me that. I'm going to a doctor tuesday,
hopefully they'll transfer me to a dermatologist (whatever they call them.)

And yeh its like powder in this sticky capsule thing, I'm taking one twice a day. They weren't any instrunctions either.

Thanks =]

Boondock

Reaction score

Good stuff. There's also no reason in principle why you can't go on minoxidil or nizoral. Minoxidil can produce sides, but it's no more likely to be damaging to someone who's not finished puberty than to anyone else.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

saw palmetto may just give you a plecebo effect

no studies are conclusive on saw palmetto being effective on combating and hair loss

cheers mate

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok, I'm taking 2 Saw Palmetto capsules in the morning, 1 in the night.

I'm using Nizoral Shampoo (sometimes once a week, and sometimes twice a week)

3 or 4 cups of Green Tea a day.

Having a Biotin based diet; Almonds, Eggs, Cows Milk.
also a Protein diet, making sure I have protein in all of the three meals.

I'm getting Emu oil, and a Jojoba shampoo this coming week.

Head massages for 15 minutes twice a day.

Would you reckon this is good for maybe a younger sufferer of male pattern baldness?

I've also noticed something about my hair. When I loose my hair, either shower, or comb some out. They're very light at the root and it extends up to a quarter of the actual hair strand. I have died my hair in the past, (Its natural dark brown) and I've died it black. Could this be a sign of male pattern baldness? My doctor said it is damaged at the root, but I didn't believe her.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Someone please help, before I do something stupid.

After my shower today I combed out 40 or more hairs, and my hairline is resembling an 'M' shape.

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score

Body Dysmorphic--

You mentioned about a chewed up look around the temple...is this generally indicative of male pattern baldness?

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Natwraggie's Story (age 16) UPDATE

I've been on Nizoral and Saw Palmetto for around 6 months. I've occasionally added olive oil to my scalp before I go to bed, and I do this around once a week and I started this a few weeks back.

-Back in summer I experienced sevre shedding due to Minoxidil, so i stopped using that, which may have caused more thinning.

- In the past few months after having a shower I've combed my wet hair and only a couple hair strands fall out, however when my hair is slightly greasy around 2 days after washing it I experience bad shedding.

I've taken a few pics, seen no progress. I've styled my hair slightly (added more volume) to try and hide my large crown.

This is my crown. wet straight from the shower. first pic is with flash second pic without.

ok9xxc.jpg

2hs2exu.jpg

My hairline

30lduno.jpg

2610rj4.jpg

Sorry their massive :S
So what do guys think??

Winter

Reaction score

your crown looks fine to me, and so does your hairline, just a mature one i'd say! but then again, if all of your male relatives lost their hair maybe you have to consider finasteride in the future, but for now i'd say your fine!

just imo

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score

Has anyone got any other opinions, I would really appreciate them thanks :)