natural success without popping pills.

tonybmx

Reaction score
hi
Well here is my success story (and before the sceptics start, I dont work or promote revivogen or regaine, I am just an everyday guy trying to get his hair back).
My hair can be described as slightly thin at the temples and slightly thin at the crown. It has been like this since I was about 22 (I am now 32) and hasnt really got much worse. But it was obvious enough for people to make comments about, and this is what made me want to regaine the original quality of hair in these areas. I put up with it for about 8 years, shaving my head to grade 4, having short back and sides etc, until I saw the advertisements for regaine. I also noticed advertisements for propecia and finasteride, but although it all sounds good and easier to do, I didnt want to spend the rest of my life taking a pill that had side effects, no matter how small. So I thought lets give minoxidil a go. So I tried regaine for about 2 years, but nothing appeared to regow, at least I didnt notice. So i then decided to try revivogen. I have been using rev now for about 4 months, and at first I noticed a few very small hairs growing at the temples, but only 1 or 2. However, I noticed a short while ago that my hair seemed thinner when I was combing it, and to my horror I noticed with a mirror that my temples were a lot more thinner than before and more importantly my crown looked so thin, that for the first time I could see bare skin showing through. But this thinning was only in the areas of rev application. I didnt know what to do, because this had not happened with using regaine. I decided in the end to come off rev and purchased some more 5% regaine. I used this for about 2weeks and then decided that the thinning may now have been due to a natural shed of the DHT responsive hair follicles, but I wasnt sure. I spent many hours reading peoples stories on this website and learnt so much. I noticed a lot of people were using rev along with regaine (minoxidil), because one of these products blocks the nasty DHT's and the other just gives your follicles the boost needed for regrowth. So it seemed sensible to suggest that the 2 work well together. So I plucked up the courage to try using the regaine in the morning and evening, as I already was and also start use rev again last thing at night. Just recently I have had a very noticeable regrowth and strenthening of hairs at the temples and crown. New hairs are appearing all the time. I have recently also started using 1% nizoral shampoo, 2 or 3 times a week and it makes my hair feel great. The only complaint I have right now is I still get some brown staining where I apply the rev, but Im hoping the nizoral will eventually take care of this.
One other thing I am also doing different to before, is I am putting my rev and minoxidil in the fridge, because I noticed that after a short while the rev kind of oxidizes with the air and goes a darker brown and starts to seperate in the applicator . I dont know if this degrades its quality, but I do know that it makes the brown stains a lot darker and obvious on the head. I got this idea about storing the products in the fridge from a forum somewhere on this site, where it was discussed as to what was the best way to store revivogen, because it had been noticed by people that the rev was looking different after a few weeks of use.
I am going to continue this natural regimen and hopefully I will regaine the hair to its original full strength in the distant future. Will keep postered.

powersam

Reaction score
what exactly makes this regimen more 'natural' than the next one?

tonybmx

Reaction score
message to powersam

I was just refering to the fact that I am using products with natural ingredients as opposed to products such as propecia, finasteride etc, for those people interested in growing hair with natural products only

bubka

Reaction score
well goodluck with all that, i don't see how you can knock finasteride if you have not used it, i mean, this idea of calling things "natural" is just ridiculous. If it does not come from your body, it's not natural, there is no difference from a chemical that is man made synthetic, vs something that is "natural" or made by a plant or other living organism... none of it is natural to your body... you are falling into the wacko infomercial "natural" cure bs that has no merit other then clever marketing

beaner

Reaction score
tonybmx said:
message to powersam

I was just refering to the fact that I am using products with natural ingredients as opposed to products such as propecia, finasteride etc, for those people interested in growing hair with natural products only

What makes you think that minoxidil is natural? It's technically a high blood pressure medication that is rarely even prescribed because of its potential health hazards....nothing natural about your bottle of regaine and methinks that systemic absorption of minoxidil is probably more harmful than finasteride.

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Well he might hve been incorrect about his assumptions regarding regaine and "natural" but I don't understand the need for the attack upon him.
I still found his story inspiring and useful.

tonybmx

Reaction score
cheers justin, thanks for the support.
I could say a few nasty things of my own back, then I think why bother. At the end of the day we are all on here because we are all chasing the same goal and sharing advice. I feel a little bit let down if anything, because I came on this site to try and give others some hope, but all I appear to be getting is negative idiots like them who seem to belittle any advice im trying to put forward. It may not be of any use to them personally, because they are hell bent on taking propecia/finasteride etc (which is fine, if thats what they want to choose), but Im sure there are plenty of other people out their that DONT want to take finasteride/propecia and will take some encouragement from my success story. I mean, if these idiots came on here and said they were having success with finasteride ,propecia or some other product I would be happy for them, its their choice and its working... great. I wouldnt go all negative and fire them down, just because it wasnt the same regimen as mine.
Think i will bow out from hairloss talk and give advice elsewhere, im sure there are plenty of other people who would appreciate good advice. And for the negative idiots on here, I suggest you pay less attention to being negative to others and concentrate on finding a solution for your own hair loss....which of course is what this site was intended for, right!!!!

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you've had some success with your regimen. I'd like to avoid internals if possible so it's encouraging for me. Thanks.

beaner

Reaction score
JustinM71 said:
Well he might hve been incorrect about his assumptions regarding regaine and "natural" but I don't understand the need for the attack upon him.
I still found his story inspiring and useful.

I apologize if my statements were taken as an "attack"on tonybmx. I truly meant no harm or offense at all. I just responded on instinct to someone who was under the false impression that minoxidil was in any way natural. I meant my statements to be helpful, but in wording, they sounded more condescending which wasn't my intention. I do apolgize if they were taken that way, I really am happy for your success, which I also failed to mention. I have a bad tendency to post things without thinking (plus a few friday night beers doesn't help) So congratulations on your almost natural regimen!! (that was genuine, I just had to throw the "almost" in there :lol: )

bubka

Reaction score
nobody is being "negative" it's just that to call some things "natural" as if you would exhibit them regardless of male pattern baldness is ridiculous... everyone here wishes you the best of luck, but this site is about no BS, no snake oils allowed, and once somebody starts on this "natural" solutions rant, criticism is due, as well as if somebody went on an "unnatural" regime of say... birth control pills (estrogen / progesterone) there would be criticism

HairlossTalk Discussion Forums are about open debate, discussion and criticism, we expect it

otherwise, we could have people post about how paparika pepper regrew their hair "naturally"

psych721027

Reaction score
I like your approach tony. I've made a similar decision as yourself to stay away from finasteride or dutasteride and use an herbal alternative topical to control DHT. Herbal topicals for DHT do work.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
psych721027 said:
I like your approach tony. I've made a similar decision as yourself to stay away from finasteride or dutasteride and use an herbal alternative topical to control DHT. Herbal topicals for DHT do work.

Ive never seen any proof to suggest they do. Not saying your wrong but you should try and back it up with some sort of evidence

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
psych721027 said:

Ive never seen any proof to suggest they do. Not saying your wrong but you should try and back it up with some sort of evidence

Herbs are natural man, and nature is sooo healthy. Lets go out and eat some mushrooms from the forest (oh wait, many of them are toxic and can kill you).

Earth to low-intelligence herbalists. Herbs can be dangerous, toxic, and very harmful. Snake venom is natural, is that something I should want to enter my bloodstream? Cocain is natural. Terds are natural. Rotting corpses are natural. AIDS is natural. You think AIDS is healthy because nature created it?

Wow man, AIDS is great for the body because nature made it, but pills will kill you because they are man-made!

Get your head out of your ***. Just because something is natural doesn't mean its better. Maybe its better because it doesn't freakin work so you won't see any side effects because its crap thats not doing anything for you in the first place.

Don't get all defensive and whiney just because someone simply asks you for evidence to back up your herbal theory. Don't use the "oohh thats offending me" smokescreen to cover the fact that the herbs suggested are worthless and therefore lack evidence of their effectiveness.

(this post is pro-haunted-ballroom, just quoted im for backup)

tonybmx

Reaction score
you wouldnt believe we were all on the same side, trying to achieve the same goal....why do people (not everyone) on this site have to be so negative, sarcastic and so bloody rude. If you have nothing positive to say, then keep your pathetic, non helpful comments to yourselves, and let all those that have positive things to say to get on with it!!!!!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tony no offense. perhaps you should have said "sucess with external topicals". that would have avoided this ugly fight.
minoxidil is man-made and not natural.

let us not forget that one of the two products is FDA approved and revivogen has some ingredients which have scientific backing. So your route is very scientific and at least midly proven as opposed to natural scam artists prescribing sawpalmetto and all other junk.

(BTW I had used all possible shitty natural things and progressed to NW6 inspite of being a great responder for minoxidil)

psych721027

Reaction score
Yes, everyone knows by now that WorldofWarcraft is very opinionated and likes to let fly the insults on everyone that doesn't see his view of Propecia and dutasteride as gospel. Anyway, your point is taken about both the herbs and Propecia are drugs. This is not being disputed. I'm not abdicating herbology and I assume neither is tonybmx. However, based on what these specific herbs can do topically and systemically, then they are a viable alternative to Propecia.

If anyone wants to know about the research that has been done on any herbal, do an internet search and put research and hair or DHT in the search with the herb you're looking for and you'll find the research. None FDA approved, because they aren't classified as drugs, but the research has been done on a lot of it.

I've just started on my regimin and like I said, I have concerns of using Propecia becasue of all the things I've read on here. So, I'm trying the alternate route for now in regards to Propecia. That said, I may end up going with Propecia down the line, but for now, this is my choice. And beyond what WorldofWarcraft thinks, neither I or tonybmx are less intelligent for going this route.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
psych721027 said:
I'm not abdicating herbology and I assume neither is tonybmx. However, based on what these specific herbs can do topically and systemically, then they are a viable alternative to Propecia.

If anyone wants to know about the research that has been done on any herbal, do an internet search and put research and hair or DHT in the search with the herb you're looking for and you'll find the research.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, don't bother posting any links to credible research for us. Leave it up to us to prove your point. Considering that there no basis to believe herbs are effective in the slightest, let alone as effective as finastride, I'm not going to bother.

I have already read tons of research that says herbs don't do jack. Don't make some poor newbie lose his hair with your lies.

bubka

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I have already read tons of research that says herbs don't do jack. Don't make some poor newbie lose his hair with your lies.
exactly, this market is already full of scams and snake oil, this site is designed for help, not to propagate crap

G

psych,

have you thought about what could happen to your body if these herbs do go systemic in high doses? have you read any studies about what these herbs could do to your body? they could give you even nastier sides than propecia/dutasteride have given people.