Natural Remedy?

matt.r.smith

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any natural remedy for hair loss that acually works.. I had to quit finasteride because of sides effects and hoping ther might be something else that would help..Thanks for any help..

abcdefg

Reaction score
None. You could try a decent topical but none of them are as proven as finasteride. Maybe try revivogen, topical spironolactone, or one of the many others. Lots of threads if you search on other topicals you could try.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never read anyone having success with Revivogen. Ever. It has a nice smelling shampoo, and that's about it. Don't waste your money.

If your goal is to slow down/stop your hair loss, and maintain what you presently have, then there may be some natural supplements to help you. As for regrowing a bunch of new hair, I think that it's highly unlikely that herbs, vitamins, and minerals will be able to do this for you for an extended period of time, unless, that is, you are in the early stages of hair loss.

Silverfox

Reaction score
If finasteride is not agreeing with u, you don't necessarily need to go natural, unless this is your prime purpose. Look into topicals, less side effects. SuperZIX is good and cheap, also RU, azelaic acid, etc could be options.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Natural alternative medicines are generally a bad idea. Natural does not imply safer. If finasteride won't work for you, then it's very doubtful saw palmetto will either. See how good minoxidil works, or perhaps a lower dosage of finasteride? I don't wanna mess with either as I'm only 19 but they're the best two options in terms of meds.

Jacob

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of products that could "work". Nothing out there is doing wonders for the vast majority of male pattern baldness sufferers..even the "FDA approved". Even if I were using those I'd be using other things along with them.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Ben said:
Avoid the natural route unless of course your happy to continue losing hair and wasting your money.

What is your experience with herbs, vitamins, and minerals?

While I do think that an hair transplant is a viable option, one still will have to maintain the rest of his hair, especially with less than 3000 grafts. The hair loss battle continues for you too.

There is a reason why most hair loss forums today have a "natural section." It is because 1) these FDA approved products have caused side effects, irreversible in some cases 2) they were ineffective. And forum members want to explore other options available to them.

Herbs, vitamins, and minerals (when taken as recommended) are generally far less dangerous than that which has been approved by the government.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Natural said:
Herbs, vitamins, and minerals (when taken as recommended) are generally far less dangerous than that which has been approved by the government.

They're also far, far, far less effective.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Ben said:
The natural wrote:
What is your experience with herbs, vitamins, and minerals?

At least one year on Fabao 101D (Chinese stuff) and about 18 months on revivogen along with saw palmetto. The end result less hair on my head and a reduced bank balance.

Then you didn't do your homework, Ben. Had you participated in other forums, and educated yourself with more effective natural treatments, you would have never gotten yourself mixed up with Revivogen, or Fabao, for that matter:

"Their website cites a double-blind clinical study that states a 189% increase in mature hair count in one subject. Other studies in Europe, Japan, and China are listed. I could find no published U.S, Chinese, Japanese, European or any clinical studies.

They also claim to have won seven international awards. Pictures of the awards are shown on the website as proof. I am unable to verify that these awards are valid.

Fabao claims that the ingredients are only effective when manufactured according to their own special process to keep the mixture stable. Little is said about this process. Many companies make similar claims about specialized processing. I am unconvinced.

The price is higher than is justified in my opinion. Ranging anywhere from $40 to $115, your wallet will definitely take a hit if you buy this.

There is an entire page on their site dedicated to testimonials. As you know, I am always skeptical of stories. No proof is offered to back of their amazing claims.
"

Saw palmetto is not very effective by itself. It is usually combined with others to inhibit DHT. But actually our focus should be on increasing circulation and reducing inflammation, naturally.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
The Natural- You have been around these forums for many years promoting the natural way to save our hair and admittedly, the fact that your still around is a good sign that your approach is working for you. Over the years, I noticed that you have changed your regimen according to your circumstances, as in age etc… You also honestly stated in the past that going natural may not grow new hair but at the very least keep what you have, which this result, for most people would be considered a success!

What is your opinion on ZIX? This was such a huge topic a few years back and it seemed as if it was going to be the all natural way of growing your new hair but apart from the other benefits it may have on your body, I doubt its efficiency on hair loss in general?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Ben said:
Yeah I know that now you genius! Back in 2005 I never knew these sites existed, never heard of finasteride or minoxidil and jumped on stuff I saw on eBay that was too good to be true. At 18 and desperate to trying anything as an uneducated hairloss suffer mistakes happen.

Im certainly well aware of all that now and when you are uneducated mistakes happen.

Yes, I agree with you in part. But Benjamin, I am sorry: but I truly find it hard to believe that you didn't know what "finasteride or minoxidil" were in 2005, for Pete's sake. C'mon dude.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
azuri said:
The Natural- You have been around these forums for many years promoting the natural way to save our hair and admittedly, the fact that your still around is a good sign that your approach is working for you. Over the years, I noticed that you have changed your regimen according to your circumstances, as in age etc… You also honestly stated in the past that going natural may not grow new hair but at the very least keep what you have, which this result, for most people would be considered a success!

What is your opinion on ZIX? This was such a huge topic a few years back and it seemed as if it was going to be the all natural way of growing your new hair but apart from the other benefits it may have on your body, I doubt its efficiency on hair loss in general?

azuri, I have read posts about ZIX, and have discussed this topical with Joe, the inventor. As I've often stated with most DHT-inhibiting products: the body will adjust (build up a tolerance), rendering the ingredients ineffective in a relatively short period of time (i.e. "a few months"). I have found this to be true of internals as well as topicals.

Silverfox

Reaction score
The body will adjust (build up a tolerance), rendering theingredients ineffective in a relatively short period of time (i.e. "a few months"). I have found this to b
e true of internals as well as topicals.

If this is the case (and i think u r correct) what real hope is there long term? Should we maybe cycle products to avoid building tolerance?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do we need to combat DHT? Can't we just find someway to keep generating new hair that gets stronger with each cycle?

Also doesn't DHT get lower as you age?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know. This phenomenon (if you will) has frustrated many a hair loss sufferer (present company included).

I experienced amazing-albeit temporary-regrowth with two natural hair loss products: 1) Applepoly (Booster caps), 2) Advecia (the old version that is no longer available).

Incredible regrowth that stayed for about two months or so, and then *POOF.*

Silverfox

Reaction score
The Natural said:
quote="Silverfox"]If this is the case (and i think u r correct) what real hope is there long term? Should we maybe cycle products to avoid building tolerance?

I honestly do not know. This phenomenon (if you will) has frustrated many a hair loss sufferer (present company included).

I experienced amazing-albeit temporary-regrowth with two natural hair loss products: 1) Applepoly (Booster caps), 2) Advecia (the old version that is no longer available).

Incredible regrowth that stayed for about two months or so, and then *POOF.*[/quote]

Did u continue with the treatments after the regrowth disappeared? Just wondering if u dropped them or if I kept them in your regime and still saw no difference a few months later?

Jacob

Reaction score
That's been my strategy for many years...rotation.

TN..don't you think you should be using topicals by now if you're looking for regrowth?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Silverfox said:
Did u continue with the treatments after the regrowth disappeared? Just wondering if u dropped them or if I kept them in your regime and still saw no difference a few months later?

Silverfox,

I did continue for a while. Then I stopped after I felt this approach was not working. Years later, I even re-introduced Applepoly Booster caps, but nothing terribly "special" happened like before, so I stopped.

Again, I am grateful for having stopped my hair loss with a regimen of curcumin (and resveratrol which I later substituted for aged garlic extract). I have maintained quite well since. But, like everyone else, I wouldn't mind some more regrowth.

Jacob,

Name some (that have produced results for you and other posters that I am familiar with), and I may try 'em.