Natural Regime Results.... Kind of Scary, it's been 3 weeks?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a bad experience with fincar which aggrevated my hair loss a great deal, prior to that I was on proscar which maintained and regrew my hair very WELL.

Anyhow, I've been on black currant pills (500mg) once a day, and spirulina (one table spoon or roughly 3g). I took it thinking there is a small possibility after 6 months I'd notice a change based on two people on another forum that experienced positive results on these two supplements as well as a dozen others :p. Anyway, my hair has thickened up a great deal. You can't see my scalp now for the most part... it's scary.. the other day my boss said, wait till you get older and bald like me.. you won't be having that thick head of hair. I felt so great.. cause I got a compliment on my hair which was falling out in large portions daily despite being on fincar (and my hair actually looked like crap I had to struggle to cover up the spots). So.. my confidence has increased immensely in the past 3 weeks or so. I'm not sure which supplement I can attribute to the majority of aesthetic improvement but will continue both. I just increased the dosage of black currant to 1 gram yesterday. Spirulina tastes like the wrath of God so I will probably be getting it in pill form later... the incidence/frequence of hairs that fall out APPEARS to be greatly decreased compared to a week or so ago. I don't think there is any regrowth but it may have slowed hair loss down minutely and thickened the hairs up. I've decided I have to take pictures every 2 or 4 weeks so I can properly assess and document for myself.. and probably post online at points too.

I also just got my prescription for proscar a few days ago and will be ordering it from an online Canadian pharmacy hoping for my prior success with this supplement. I notice these HairLossTalk.com forums are usually dead but figured I'd give an update. I will probably be ordering nettle root and biotin after asking around on forums where it seems many people have tried natural alternatives with success.

Klapsen

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Spain so maybe my english is not perfect but I'll try to do my best to make myself understood, I have a long experience in spanish hair loss forums and I've read a lot this forum during a long time, I came across with your post and I want to explain why I think you had success with spirulina and black currant.

Spirulina has a lot of proteins and a great quantity of iron, and black currant has a lot a lot of Vitamin C, as everybody knows a lack of iron in the body can be a reason to hair loss, and vitamin C helps a lot in the absorption of iron into the body, so it is perfectly possible in my opinion that you have a lack of iron and that's why you are responding so well to this treatment.

I hope you could understand my explanation.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no regrowth though, just thickening of what I have and it appears fewer hairs are falling out.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is in your head.

Hair grows at 1cm per month and hair cycle are 2-3 months so you would see no change in 3 weeks. Best you could see would be less hairloss.

Fincar and Proscar are essentially the same thing..both contain finisteride. If you lost more on one than the other it is likely you switched at the time hair cycles were changing when results of shedding would occur.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was only pointing out that the hair has thickened up... in a very short time period. I never claimed regrowth or anything else.

Generic fincar is not necessarily the 'same' thing as proscar, it all depends on the country in which it was developed.

My hair loss was unchanged until I switched to fincar and over the course of 8 months it got progressively worse each month whereas for 2 years I was on proscar there was no change.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
fincar is the exact same thing as proscar, you either were goin threw a shed or male pattern baldness just picked up quicker.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
phish said:
fincar is the exact same thing as proscar, you either were goin threw a shed or male pattern baldness just picked up quicker.

Apparently, you don't know how 'much' finasteride you are getting in foreign made generic proscar since they don't have FDA standards. Also, I used EvoPharm for mine and I've read about people experiencing issues with cipla... fincar purchased in the US should work just like proscar though.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
bornthisway said:
phish said:

Apparently, you don't know how 'much' finasteride you are getting in foreign made generic proscar since they don't have FDA standards. Also, I used EvoPharm for mine and I've read about people experiencing issues with cipla... fincar purchased in the US should work just like proscar though.

Agreed, Fincar is crap, at least the batch i received. Hair went to sh*t after a few months after switching to fincar. got back on proscar and things are thickening up again.

No, its not in my head. after switching to fincar, I started getting blond highlights kind of like the way it was before finasteride. These blond areas looked cool till they started thinning out. My hair has darkened up and hairshafts look more robust.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
H/B said:
bornthisway said:
phish said:

Agreed, Fincar is crap, at least the batch i received. Hair went to $#iT after a few months after switching to fincar. got back on proscar and things are thickening up again.

No, its not in my head. after switching to fincar, I started getting blond highlights kind of like the way it was before finasteride. These blond areas looked cool till they started thinning out. My hair has darkened up and hairshafts look more robust.

Many experienced hair loss sufferers and older more knowledgeable posters seem to have agreed in unison about the quality of drugs (in this case fincar) will vary based on who made the generic. The safest and one that is guaranteed to claim appreciable/equal amounts of finasteride would be generic proscar purchased in the U.S... I'd be suspect of any other location honestly, unless I knew where it was manufactured specifically and their drug regulations. So yeah, the majority of online websites selling generic proscar especially from cipla may be carrying counterfeits unknowingly, or, there is a high probability there are negligible amounts of the drug in Cipla's (Indian company) fincar or that it may vary to a great degree from one batch to another... what I can tell is after reading the reviews of many that actually used the drug the majority experienced hair loss. And then ofcourse, there is always the sheeple that want to attack everyone or people that chime in on the theoretical of what it should contain and are absolute about their opinion that it works without having tested or tried it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
finasteride wont do sh*t to you within 3 weeks...its all the psycological affect.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bornthisway said:
Yeah, I was only pointing out that the hair has thickened up... in a very short time period. I never claimed regrowth or anything else.

I don't understand how your hair has "thickened up".

That could only happen if you were getting regrowth, or that there is considerable growth at the base of the existing hair shaft - the rest of the hair shaft would still be as it was before.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bottom line is your hair will be gone within a few years. Maybe you should add flinstone vitamins to your regimen