Natural DHT inhibitors that don't cause sexual sides

michael94

Reaction score
Saw palmetto, pygeum, and nettle root all cause sexual side effects, are there any supplements and help with hair loss but dont cause sexual side effects? For example, Toco-8, does Toco-8 actually work, and does it cause sexual side effects? thanks.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Well...the people who get sexual side effects from DHT inhibitors are getting them from the lack of DHT...so...no matter what you take to get rid of it, you're going to get sexual side effects if you're prone to them and you lower your DHT.

So the short answer being..no there are no DHT inhibitors that don't have the potential to cause sexual side effects in some people

There are those out there that believe in things like Revita shampoo which I believe claims to inhibit DHT on the scalp, but I've heard really mixed results and never seen anyone post pictures of dramatic results from using something like that so I would tend to doubt the efficacy

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Aren't the sexual side effects only from ingesting then ? I thought s5 cream doesn't have any sides

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe you're talking about spironolactone right? And yes, people have gotten side effects from using topical spironolactone. Even with topicals there is a chance for systemic absorption and side effects

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Side effects depend on individual physiology and dose.

Have you actually tried any natural DHT inhibitors?

You cant go on the testimony of others for this.

Soy Protein/Isoflavones, Curcumin, Nettle Root, Beta Sitosterol, Fo Ti, Green Tea extract

Try them and see what works for you.

At the least you will get other positive benefits from those substances that you wouldn't from finasteride despite whatever side effect they might cause. Everything is a trade off. Maybe you'll just have to cope with a side effect if you want to attack the androgen angle of hair loss. Side effects often diminish with time with certain things. This is even true of drugs like finasteride and dutasteride.