Natural Alternative To Minoxidil - Seven Words Thing

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am looking to start a regrowth stimulator. I tried min but my scalp became extremely irritated. I’ve read some studies regarding effectiveness with natural alternatives even ones reporting better results so I wanted to go that route.

my question is why isn’t there a popular natural alternative in the market? Or am I just not aware of it?

Thoughts / suggestion?

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am looking to start a regrowth stimulator. I tried min but my scalp became extremely irritated. I’ve read some studies regarding effectiveness with natural alternatives even ones reporting better results so I wanted to go that route.

my question is why isn’t there a popular natural alternative in the market? Or am I just not aware of it?

Thoughts / suggestion?
I have heard about lupus extract and onion juice. Anything basically that increases blood circulation. There are so many oils and natural extracts that are said to help, I don’t know who to believe. Probably none hurt but I doubt that most will be able to grow back hair. This man claims that onion juice really thickened up his hair and has the videos/photos to prove it, he also seems genuine.

Tao

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.
I’ve read hundreds of articles, been on so many sites, forums and so on.
Nowadays you can see so many websites suggesting miracle products only to find out that it’s an Amazon affiliate link.
f*** that.
I have met a nice guy here on hairlosstalk who suggested me a natural approach first before going on minoxidil and finasteride and troubling my face, hormones and erections.

I’ve started with organic red onion juice, mixed with organic ginger and few lemon drops since 15 days.
I’m Applying it before sleeping and then washing off the next morning.
I have already some light results and will definitely keep on this way for at least half a year to see what results I can get.
Peppermint oil is also known to raise the blood circulation in your scalp, which is why I will add it after few months of onion eventually.
This way you can definitely tell which regimen works and how.
The first week is a mess, having onion chunks everywhere, the smell is heavy.
But you’re getting used to the routine and will learn which preparation is the easiest for you.
Wearing gloves can be helpful as well.

Dermaroller or pens can be added after some months too if wanted.

Some articles mention honey or garlic together with the onion juice.
Before pic is 11 days ago.
After pic was taken yesterday.
Decide yourself.
Good luck.
076519C0-9A37-4D0F-9F83-A1F0E09C0229.jpeg
8761EA2F-7F2A-45AC-90D7-B794BE886962.jpeg

Reaction score
There isn't really any alternative to minoxidil. Minoxidil is a unique treatment and nothing else has been found to match its growth stimulating properties. Hairs grown from minoxidil are also entirely dependent on the continued use of the minoxidil (these hairs cannot be maintained by stopping the minoxidil and then using finasteride or another treatment). The mechanism by which minoxidil works is not fully understood. All we know is that it does work, and there is nothing else quite like it.

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thoughts / suggestion?
would like know as well,

rosemary oil is strong

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing natural that can compete with minoxidil in terms of regrowth. I think there was a study showing rosemary oil performing the same as 2% minoxidil, but there really isn't an alternative.

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought liquid nano curcumin, egcg, dihydroquercetin, oleanolic acid, azelaic acid powder and mixed into ethanol to 5% solution. but i started with combination with topical min finasteride solution, will let you know results in 6 months

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thoughts / suggestion?

The problem is probably not minoxidil but the PG in minoxidil. Just water minoxidil down to 2% or so, long-term (96 weeks or so) it carries the same results as 5%. Just use something cheap, maybe even stemox or adenosine.