Nanogen Staying in Place

nanoman

Reaction score
Nanogen works (looks) absolutely amazing...I'm just
looking for confirmation that it stays in place.
Anyone ever have a problem with this?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I used to use it all the time; while it stays in place really well on it's own, add some light hairspray and it can last for days if you don't wash your hair.

Just make sure you pat the powder well down before adding any spray and experiment a few times in different lighting conditions first.

It's probably best to avoid heavy excercise or anything which can make you perspire profusely, it *can* get clumpy under some conditions where it is constantly comes into contact with water, perspiration etc.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont even use any hairspray ect and it stays for days, and does'nt come off until I shampoo it out. But its important to not overdo it, just use a small amount for a small improvement. If you pour it on like in the ads unless your hair is still quite thick you'll have problems.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF, I know you've made that comment before and I still can't believe it....
Any way you can show just the portion of your thinning on a pic, as I've never been able to make Nano stay on my head past the morning, Always loads of patches next morning, and I do use hairspray. And it comes out with water, before shampoo..

GeminiX

Reaction score
Esprit said:
SAF, I know you've made that comment before and I still can't believe it....
Any way you can show just the portion of your thinning on a pic, as I've never been able to make Nano stay on my head past the morning, Always loads of patches next morning, and I do use hairspray. And it comes out with water, before shampoo..

The SAF man speaks the truth, Nanogen does stay in place quite well all on it's own. What I will add from my own experience now I think about it though is I'm pretty sure I had to use spray of some kind if I used conditioner on my hair, I don't think it stuck as well.

Hope this helps

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong then, nano, topic, super mil, and I dont use conditioner. They all come off on pillow... bald patches over crown......

s.a.f

Reaction score
I can only guess that you're using too much, like I said just a small amount for a small improvement. Also how long is your hair? Mine is quite long about 3 inches.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mine is a lot longer than that, last cut was about 11 months ago, hate having it. cut since this problem, but had same problem when it was about 3 in too.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I use a fair bit of spray too, but these little white circle patches always appear. Been described on here before as leopard spots.....

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey finasteride, I use Nano now, Toppik was too dark for my med brown, but I did have the same result with Toppik when I did use it on a couple of occasions

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What sucks even more is I'm losing it from the front now too, and don't feel confident about using that stuff near the temples...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When you say behind the line, does that mean on the line you can't bring it forward slightly?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh right, I thought that if you didn't that may have been why you didn't get the rub off so much...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No idea mate, I also use extra hold sprays which can turn hair into rock....

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry, no it did't stay in for me. also, the fibers are really rough and look like chopped pubic hairs. they fell into my food as i was eating. what a way to f*** up your day. this was about 4-5 years ago though, maybe the fibers have changed since then i dont know.

toppik works wonders, even stays in rain. yes it can make your hair a tad dull if you use to much but i haven't had a reason to switch to anything else.

s.a.f

Reaction score
chr1s said:
sorry, no it did't stay in for me. also, the fibers are really rough and look like chopped pubic hairs. they fell into my food as i was eating. what a way to f*ck up your day. this was about 4-5 years ago though, maybe the fibers have changed since then i dont know.

toppik works wonders, even stays in rain. yes it can make your hair a tad dull if you use to much but i haven't had a reason to switch to anything else.

Hmm, seeing as the fibres are between 0.3 - 0.7 mm I dont see how you can say that.