Nanogen ....... questions...

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Just received my Nanogen , which i tested out tonight, and OMG!! its awesome.. my hair looked so thick and i was so happy with the results!!

I have a few questions though.. as i use wax on my hair, what is the best thing to do.. put the was on first, or the nanogen or not use wax at all .. ??? i know you have to lock it in with hair spray, which i intend to do..

Anyone use wax or gel with this stuff.. ??

Thanks for your help guys.. :O )

s.a.f

Reaction score
Probably best to put it on after the gel, and BTW hairspray is'nt really neccesary in my experience.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate for the reply..

On the website it recommends you get the locking mist, which i did not get, i just don;t want it to run down my face if i sweat at work or something.. and also touching my hair , i don;t want it to come off on my hands..

Will the nanogen still bond with the hair if i have wax on it.. ??

Al

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont use gel but I do use it with dermatch (apply the dermatch first), and it holds ok, but I dont touch my hair when I have it on. I think the hairspray might help re: touching your hair but I find that I have to wash it with shampoo to get it off so sweating should'nt be an issue. Its best to use only a tiny amount though I can probably make 1 tin last for a couple of months. Just use a little for a moderate improvement if you plaster the stuff on you'll probably run into more difficulties with getting away with it.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate for that .. nice of you to reply so quickly.. gonna give it a try for the first time tomorrow..
:O)

Danceunity

Reaction score
Does anyone know what ingredient is locking mist from Nanogen? I heard it's mostly alcohol. Can it damage my scalp or hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just use ordinary hairspray the locking mist is a rip off.

Danceunity

Reaction score
Well... this morning i tried to put some Nanogen for the first time on my thining hair. I also sprayed 2 times locking mist also from Nanogen. Result is very good. But everytime i scratch myself or touch my hair, I see fibers on my fingers. It's not too much, but I see it. Is it normal?

Tonight I will put minoxidil. Should I wash my hair before applying or can I do it with Nanogen on my hair?

What about sleeping? I am washing my hair every 3-4 days.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok... so my experience with this stuff has been mixed.. i have been on proscar for 3 weeks now and feeling good about it.. its might be in my head or just the fact that i am feeling positive about it, but my hair feels healthy and thicker.. if only alittle..... with this in mind, i have also highlighted by brown hair , which i find makes it feel and look thicker always.. and as its quite blonde now, i had been using blonde nanogen , but it was not as good as the dark one , that i used before i hightlighted.. the brown nanogen gave an impressive result, but the blonde one is not as good i think..

I also found that if i used wax on my hair, i always got the nanogen on my hands after. so i have stopped using wax for alittle bit.. if i use the nanogen....

I did not buy the locking spray , i just bought some hair spray from the local supermarket , which cost alot less and worked great.. never had any nanogen on my hand once i had the hair spray on..

Hope that helps..

talon39

Reaction score
I wonder if bleaching your hair causes the nanogen not to stick.. I bleach my hair blonde and I just bought some blonde HairSoReal. The stuff just wont stick to my hair.

West Ham Wayne

Reaction score
As much as i love the nanaogen fibres and am forever gratefull, You prob dont need to use the locking mist as normal hairspray will do the job. Although saying that, it depends on how much of the fibre you actually use. If like me you use alot of the fibres then the locking mist is prob better as i think the mist is basically designed to hold the fibres without clogging. Hairspary might clog.

If using only a little or not much fibres then just use hairspray

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont use anything, the fibres stay pretty well on their own.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I dont use anything, the fibres stay pretty well on their own.

Yeah same here. For best results wash your hair before applying the concealer. Once you've washed/dryed your hair gel/wax to the style that you want then sprinkle the concealer over the balding areas. Try not to put too much on otherwise it will appear darker to the rest of your hair. I don't use hairspray as I find that it holds on its own. Just make sure you take your umbrella with you when you go out with the concealer on :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
I find that they can withstand light rain/wind.

saltnpepper

Reaction score
i have been applying nanogen from the past 3 weeks ... i would like to know if its good to keep long hair to use it better or should i cut my hair really short for it to look better . Thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by long or short best to keep it somewhere between 2 - 7cm.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I used Nanogen for quite a few years myself, absolutely love the stuff.

I'll try to cover my own experiences:

Locking Mist
Not essential, but not a rip off. You can use any hairspray to do much the same thing, but I did find the Nanogen one was quite mild and worked very well; it's far less sticky than typical hairspray.

Rain / Sweat
Nanogen can survive getting caught in a small shower or some perspiration and I often found it would last days, often lasting until I washed my hair in fact *BUT* there was also the odd occasion where it didn't stick that well if I didn't use a spray, so if you're going clubbing or the weather seems inclement, then I would strongly recommend some hairspray or locking mist *just-in-case*.

Application Order
Use the Nanogen last of all, the last thing you do after styling. First of all style your hair, dry it, gel it etc. then apply as much Nanogen as you need and "pat" your hair as much as your style can handle so that the fibres settle as close to the scalp as possible (the closer to the scalp, the thicker your hair looks and the better the fibres will stay in place). Finally, if required a quick "sprits" with hair spray or mist and you're ready to party.

It's worth pointing out, that you may find some other ways to use it, but overall the above listed methods gave by far the best results.

MonarchyB

Reaction score
I haven't tried a variety of different hairsprays but one thing I like about the locking mist is that the liquid is applied much more gently than hairsprays. A lot of the time the aerosol type hairsprays cause the fibres to fly out as the liquid is travelling with force. This also means that I am hesitant to apply a normal hairspray at all angles whereas the locking mist application allows for a more complete coating without the risk of dislodging the nanogen.