Nanogaine - as good as minoxidil!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
...according to the manufacturers.

The big advantage is that it's not alcohol-based, and claims to provide 'more regrowth than Minoxidil'

Can any Nanogaine users confirm this?

http://www.nanogen.co.uk/res_websit...y&supplierCode=PANGAEA&cat1=134&productId=236

nano-nanogaine-buy.gif

Cassin

Reaction score
Why is no alcohol an advantage?

There are studies where alcohol improve absorption. Dr Lees has loads of alcohol, I have a sensitive scalp and I have no problems with it.

Curious claim.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it seems to imply that it won't dry your hair out as much. The things that put me off about using minoxidil are the irritated scalp and shedding. I'm wondering if Nanogaine is a good alternative.

btw, is SOD the same thing as copper peptides?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
it seems to imply that it won't dry your hair out as much. The things that put me off about using minoxidil are the irritated scalp and shedding. I'm wondering if Nanogaine is a good alternative.

btw, is SOD the same thing as copper peptides?

I seriously doubt Nanogaine is AS effective as minoxidil. Feel free to experiment and lead the charge on it, who knows?

SOD = superoxide dismutase, copper peptides are classed as a SOD. It's like a topical anti oxidant.

alexstorm

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people on this board that uses Nanogaine and have commented on it in plenty of threads. I've been using it for almost a year and in my experience it is has worked for me far more effectively than Regaine.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Proctor irritatedly notes:

Nanogaine seems to be an attempt to ride on our work in hair loss as well as our trademarks and trade names (NANO shampoo, etc.). Likewise, all that stuff about free radicals, nitric oxide, SOD, etc. comes right out of our published work.

Patent issues aside, why use superficially copy-cat products (which likely work at least some-- most SODs do ) when you can use the real thing from us with the benefits of all our experience and our over two decades-old systemic screening program?

True, they understand marketing-- their website is much slicker than ours.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
hey quantum cat

I live in the UK and have ordered some NANO shampoo from dr proctor his site is www.drproctor.com , i also bought a bottle of nanoguard from nanogen thinking it was the same thing , i dont think i will use it although the ingredients look quite promising

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
can you give a link to your site, Dr. Proctor - and do you ship to the UK?

Our esteemed moderator doesn't like folks plugging their websites here, a sentiment I respect. So you must look up our address using a search engine. And yes, we ship to the UK.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD