NANO Shampoo

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting you are saying that because you have just been backing the NANO shampoo. Correct: Nano (the main ingredient in Nano shampoo + proxiphen) has no clinical studies behind it, however Proxiphen has both spironolactone & minoxidil in it as well- and they sure have studies behind them both.

So basically Proxiphen has some studies supporting it's effect - where as Nano shampoo has none - meaning you're pushing the one without proof- which really makes your reply a bit hopeless?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
maintainence1 said:
$100 for 2 and half months for something without clinical studies seems pretty damn expensive to me.

And I guess you didn't read my post well enough - After the first year of use you only have to use it every second year (making it $20 a week) still a bit - but not extremely expensive....

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen Ninja Boy, your statements are littered with errors and inconsistencies. First you say that you only have to use it every other day after a year, then you say every second year. I assume that was just a stupid mistake on your part. Secondly, NANO shampoo contains copper peptides, which definately have scientific backing (check the search function if you were unaware of that). Thirdly, saying no shampoo can save or regrow hair is also wrong, as proven by clinical studies done on Nizoral. Obviously people usually have more than just a shampoo in their regimine, but your statement is still inaccurate. Lastly, $100 every 2.5 months is definately expensive, no matter how you try to frame it. Even $20/ week the second year is expensive, so don't make it out like it isn't. Don't jump into this thread and try to justify your questionable decision to buy Proxiphen.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
maintainence1 said:
Listen Ninja Boy, your statements are littered with errors and inconsistencies. First you say that you only have to use it every other day after a year, then you say every second year. I assume that was just a stupid mistake on your part. Secondly, NANO shampoo contains copper peptides, which definately have scientific backing (check the search function if you were unaware of that). Thirdly, saying no shampoo can save or regrow hair is also wrong, as proven by clinical studies done on Nizoral. Obviously people usually have more than just a shampoo in their regimine, but your statement is still inaccurate. Lastly, $100 every 2.5 months is definately expensive, no matter how you try to frame it. Even $20/ week the second year is expensive, so don't make it out like it isn't. Don't jump into this thread and try to justify your questionable decision to buy Proxiphen.

I'm not trying to justify Proxiphen - hell I don't really know if it works (am even stating this in my first post.) But to tell people that a shampoo can save or even regrow your hair is very unlikely. Of course the every second year was a typo - obviously.....

As you can see (and clearly states out) I don't know all the ingredients in Nano shampoo (And I am using both Proxiphen and Nano) - but I'm guessing that the concentrations in Proxiphen are much higher.

and....dude, we're having an honest discussion here - no need to be hostile towards me - I'm not having a go at you here......

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I don't know PartTime, the info. pasted below from Doctor Proctor's site explains why Nano shampoo might help to regrow hair:

Nitroxides: Minoxidil, nicorandil

These are blood vessel dialating hair regrowth stimulators. OTOH, most dialating agents don't stimulate hair regrowth. So, vessel dilatation is not directly related to hair regrowth.

Possible explaination: Nitrovasodialators mimic some natural messenger substance coincidentally mediating both blood vessel dialatation and hair growth. Currently, the best candidate is nitric oxide ( aka, EDRF or NO ). For a paper summarizing the evidence that minoxidil is an artificial form of nitric oxide, go here.

Nitric oxide is a very important messenger molecule. e.g., the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine was awarded to the scientists who first worked out the nitric oxide system in blood vessels.

NO is a ubiquitous transmitter which has identical effects to minoxidil on blood vessels. The action of both these agents and nitric oxide seems to be secondary to opening "K-channels", important for regulating a variety of cellular processes.

Whenever you see NO ( as in miNOxidil or naNO ) in the name of a drug, it probably has the nitric oxide chemical group in it. Similarly, as you might expect if nitric oxide is an important stimulator of hair regrowth, inhibitors of NO production reduce hair growth. See: "Reduction of Hair Growth", US pat# 5,463,478.

For a good review of the chemistry and the myriad biological functions of NO (with emphasis on its messenger functions for stuff like neurotransmission, blood pressure maintenance, blood clotting, etc.) go here

Also, not only is nitric oxide important significant enough to win a Nobel prize, but it now has its own home page:

I know you're probably thinking the shampoo isn't on there long enough but I've read that it does release enough of its "medication" if left on for a few minutes and might slowly penetrate into the skin after rinsing and drying. It kind of "sticks" to the skin, then "soaks" in over time, is what I've read.

Do I know this for sure? No, I wish I worked in a lab. and had time to test it for that effect. However, that's what Doctor Proctor thinks happens and that's pretty good authority IMHO.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Do either of these cause shedding???

Did the guys on this thread that used it have shedding? I would appreciate an answer. I am going the route of Nano or Proxipehn, or both, and would like to know these things before I start.

Thanks!

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
maintainence1

Do you get the Proxiphen cream? It comes in cream as well doesn't it?

Nicholas

Reaction score
I´m using nano shampoo myself, but sometimes this treatment makes me wonder. How the heck can something that stays on for 2 minutes, three times a week, be effective? I´ll probably know if it works sometimes next year. That´s a lot of lather...

On the other hand nizoral works for some people...

G

nano can't work within 2 minutes? then it's quite safe to put on your hair a few drops of HCl, just for a few seconds,ha,ha...