Nad Supplementation Anti Aging Supp That Seems To Improve Hair

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.superfoodly.com/niagen-nicotinamide-riboside-side-effects-nad-benefits/

Nicotinamide riboside, NAD oral supplements can be found on amazon and are cheap. Iv options are becoming more popular as well.

Basically anti aging supplementation that is becoming very popular. Ben Greenfield is a huge proponent, https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/transcripts/transcript-what-is-nad/ he actually does NAD injections at home.

I started oral supplementation and it’s thickened my hair significantly. Hope we can get more guys looking into how to beat utilize NAD.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to remember Nicotinamide being one of the supplements in that one thread about supplements that making Androgenetic Alopecia worse, I'll dig it up later.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd taken NAD for over two years daily. No effect on my hair. Couldn't really notice anything significant in terms of other physical state either. Discontinued last year. No changes positive or negative. I'm overall quite healthy so maybe body just didn't need it. Not saying it wouldn't work for others though.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just pop some nads in your mouth bro

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6-8 months on NAD+(Life extension), no/minimal effect on hair, probably save what You have when you start....no more.
but i feel somehow more energy from this supplements, so it's somehow helps mitochondria to work well.

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken a Niagen supp for about six months at doses ranging from 250 mg - 750 mg. Definitely seems to give me stamina but I can't say for certain it's done anything positive for my hair. The science looks solid though as an overall anti-aging supp.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
6-8 months on NAD+(Life extension), no/minimal effect on hair, probably save what You have when you start....no more.
but i feel somehow more energy from this supplements, so it's somehow helps mitochondria to work well.

Might as well feed the mitochondria more then - add plenty of Co10 and PQQ. As I said before, I've taken tons of various supplements for decades and can only conclude, I wish there was definitive confirmation in me physically that the do what they claim. But, it's the type of thing, even though I don't feel anything good or bad, where would I be if I didn't take them? All I know is I take more health pills than I probably have hairs on my head.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.superfoodly.com/niagen-nicotinamide-riboside-side-effects-nad-benefits/

Nicotinamide riboside, NAD oral supplements can be found on amazon and are cheap. Iv options are becoming more popular as well.

Basically anti aging supplementation that is becoming very popular. Ben Greenfield is a huge proponent, https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/transcripts/transcript-what-is-nad/ he actually does NAD injections at home.

I started oral supplementation and it’s thickened my hair significantly. Hope we can get more guys looking into how to beat utilize NAD.
What a crazy interview!

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like one comment said "Phd in Bro Science"

Some people go bald at 16-18 year old, doesn't mean that their NAD sucks. They would still look young if they had hair.
My nads are fine. I never took finasteride

mowingdown

Reaction score

That's a pretty bold claim. Care to back it up with photos?

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might as well feed the mitochondria more then - add plenty of Co10 and PQQ. As I said before, I've taken tons of various supplements for decades and can only conclude, I wish there was definitive confirmation in me physically that the do what they claim. But, it's the type of thing, even though I don't feel anything good or bad, where would I be if I didn't take them? All I know is I take more health pills than I probably have hairs on my head.
see in my profile Nad+Mitoq(they say its better then coq10)+ 2 weeks ago i start PQQ.
so You noticed no hair regrowth or stabilization after all that stuff?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
see in my profile Nad+Mitoq(they say its better then coq10)+ 2 weeks ago i start PQQ.
so You noticed no hair regrowth or stabilization after all that stuff?

I've taken Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 240 mg + 100 mg PQQ daily for last 10 years or more and hairloss has progressed at same, slow rate to NW5 now, same pattern as my father and grandfather. My main focus in taking supplements is antiaging, but of course many of those things overlap stuff recommended to prevent hairloss. It's been a lifetime of self experimentation as closely matched to scientific research as possible to the tune of $4,000 a year. Great health though. However, it is becoming very, very clear that genes carve out your destiny in health, hair and how long you live (assuming stable environmental factors ).

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 240 mg + 100 mg PQQ daily for last 10 years or more and hairloss has progressed at same, slow rate to NW5 now, same pattern as my father and grandfather. My main focus in taking supplements is antiaging, but of course many of those things overlap stuff recommended to prevent hairloss. It's been a lifetime of self experimentation as closely matched to scientific research as possible to the tune of $4,000 a year. Great health though. However, it is becoming very, very clear that genes carve out your destiny in health, hair and how long you live (assuming stable environmental factors ).
Oh, 10 years is long enough to see results from mitochondrial pills. As there are publications that they help with hair loss (mice as i remember) and NW5 situation in your case , i think it's clear that effect is questionable or they work only for mitochondrial syndromes.
Probably pqq+coq10 doesn't work as effectively as mitoq/skq1. or mitoq/skq1 not work at all. i use them around 6-8 month, after local skq1hair becomes energized/stronger but no new hair.
Dr. Jack Kruse said that even if our dna genome make a mutation, in such case mitochondria's dna can help and restore. So mitochondriacs are crucial for us. He advise deuterium depleted water(after 1.5 year no effect in my case), sun, melatonin, vit D, electromagnetic waves protection. But dr. Kruse is bald still...

Last edited:

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really see more result from Rogaine/Mohr F with finasteride.