My word of advice

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I haven't been on this site for years. Why? Because once a treatment has been successful, you move on. But I'd like to offer a word of advice: whatever treatment works for you, don't stop it.

3 years ago, I did the freak out when I realized I was thinning. But this site was very helpful to me. I started 1/4 Proscar every second day and was lucky enough not to have any sexual side effects. I also started generic Minoxidil 5% every night at bed time. Here are the results I posted way back when: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=19038.

My hair grew in so thick, that recently I got cocky. I figured I didn't need to keep up my treatment ... once in a while I would take my Proscar. Once in a while I put on my Minoxidil. I figured I was cured. Basically, I didn't do any any treatments for about six months.

But a few weeks ago, after getting a haircut, I realized I was thinning again. Not as bad as I had when I first noticed my loss years ago, but knowing how thick my hair had gotten, I realized I was much thinner.

So I quickly hopped back on my treatments and am happy to report that it's starting to come back again.

My word of advice is to never stop doing what works for you. I know it seems like a simple thing to remember and a simple thing to do, but after success, you may get cocky like me. Hey, it happens. You figure the nightmare is over. But it's only over if you keep doing the right things.

Good luck everybody.

antonio666

Reaction score
this post really pisses me off,this guy loses his hair and luckily gets it back and then for some reason thinks he is cured of male pattern baldness and starts to lose again,but he regains it.

i mean for a guy like me who just wants a bit of sucsess with any treatment it sounds like you don't deserve hair

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
i mean for a guy like me who just wants a bit of sucsess with any treatment it sounds like you don't deserve hair

Do yourself a favor and take a minute to think about why this was the wrong thing to say. If you're a normal adult male you'll figure it out within a few hours.

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
Whoops. My bad, Antonio. How dare I try to impart my experiences to others so that they may learn from my mistakes. What was I doing wishing everyone good luck? I'm such a jackass.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. I was on the "Big 3" + Tricomin for about 4-5 months, and I saw improvement. When I stepped out of the shower, I would look at my hair in the mirror, and I wouldn't be able to see scalp. Usually it would be see through, so I knew I was on the right track to thickening up my hair.

After I ran out of minoxidil, I stayed on Proscar and Nizoral. Once the nizoral ran out, I stayed on proscar, but I started missing doses here and there. Eventually, I stopped taking it all together.

Now my hairloss has returned and I can see my scalp when I step out of the shower. It looks OK when it's dry, but wet hair has always been a good gauge for me. I still have some Proscar left, I bought minoxidil again, and I am back on Nizoral and tricomin. I will go to the store tomorrow and buy some MSM to jump start the process. I hope I can get back to where I was.

NEVER quit if it is working for you. It sucks to have to pay for this stuff but the alternative is baldness, and who wants that if you can help it?