my trip to belgravia trichological centre

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys neone heard of the belgravia trichological centre? well made an appointment and went there on friday. had an examination. lady asked me about 30 questions. looked at my scalp, told me i was diffusely thinning. but bcos i was young and hadnt gone too far down the line, it could b salvaged. said if i was on propecia, she would expect my thinning to discontinue i.e. i experience no more loss, and noticeable thickening of the hair + regrowth from 3-12 months in. manager of the place told me the same, and showed me some photos (quite a lot i have to say, whole bookful) of positive results. she also said results were generally better in younger guys. i was told lack of libido sometimes occurred but this was v rare for younger guys as testosterone is generally very high.

got some free treatments... some kindof b4 shampooing. also, cream put on the scalp then steam dried, and infra red lights used on the scalp, and laser applied to certain pressure points on the scalp....only went for it bcos it was free ;)

got a prescrip for propecia, which im starting taking on monday :) will keep u posted on results. they took a photo which will b emailed to u and il put it on the board.

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
infar-red laser???? For some weird reason scientists seem to use "lasers" to help with everything, and all us people always think they must do something, just because they're cool. Seriously, laser treatments seems to be an option to like every damn discease around.
Those guys at the clinic seem really nice though, free shampoo and optimistic.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any half wit on this site could have told you what she told you. And who in the blue hell needs a prescription for propecia? Nobody. Need some matches so you can burn more money & give it to some pseudo expert? :roll:

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i know but at least they give u an incentive to keep up regular treatment..appointments and checkups every 3 months and whatnot. and take photos and give u advice and do 3month comparisons etc. only thing is they charge £60 for 1 months propecia...how much cheaper can u get it and how long does it take to come?

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're going to be seeing a doctor on a regular basis, you might as well ask them to check your hormone levels every once in a while. That's the only reason I would ever go to a doctor. If I were on Propecia that is.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
oh a few other things about the trip to belgravia..

saw palmetto - one of the trichologists said it was considered the natural alternative to propecia and it has similar effects, althought not quite as powerful, but takes about 2 years to work. think i might continue using this herbal topical thing (http://www.nutrifolica.com) at least till i run out of the bottle to maybe try inhibit some more dht.

propecia - the guys seemed so hopeful about me getting results with it..saying they were pretty sure i wouldnt lose nemore as soon as i started it and there was a good chance i would get thicker hair and regrow soon..im starting to think maybe they r being too optimistic? just a thought i dont know.

i was wondering, how many posters on this forum actually only use propecia? or how many tried propecia itself for a significant amount of time? just they recommended propecia and minoxidil together but i said i wanted to start only on propecia..

my prescriptions not arrived yet..hopefully will tomorrow along with my photo..will keep u posted.

cantosis

Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
i know but at least they give u an incentive to keep up regular treatment..appointments and checkups every 3 months and whatnot. and take photos and give u advice and do 3month comparisons etc. only thing is they charge £60 for 1 months propecia...how much cheaper can u get it and how long does it take to come?

You are better of going to see your GP. I get a prescription and pay 36 pounds per month.

I see that centre advertised in all the papers here in London and it seems a con...why pay money for someone to tell you your balding and then pay more for a lof of crap treatments?.

I would rather see a GP....well mine was good anyway and I got two months supply on repeat prescriptions now

zaireeka

Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
hey guys neone heard of the belgravia trichological centre? well made an appointment and went there on friday. had an examination. lady asked me about 30 questions. looked at my scalp, told me i was diffusely thinning. but bcos i was young and hadnt gone too far down the line, it could b salvaged. said if i was on propecia, she would expect my thinning to discontinue i.e. i experience no more loss, and noticeable thickening of the hair + regrowth from 3-12 months in. manager of the place told me the same, and showed me some photos (quite a lot i have to say, whole bookful) of positive results. she also said results were generally better in younger guys. i was told lack of libido sometimes occurred but this was v rare for younger guys as testosterone is generally very high.

got some free treatments... some kindof b4 shampooing. also, cream put on the scalp then steam dried, and infra red lights used on the scalp, and laser applied to certain pressure points on the scalp....only went for it bcos it was free ;)

got a prescrip for propecia, which im starting taking on monday :) will keep u posted on results. they took a photo which will b emailed to u and il put it on the board.

i went there as well. to be honest though the only thing i got out of it was the fact that i had never heard of propecia before i went there. other than that i found them to be an absolute con. 60 quid a month for propecia is disgraceful. as people have pointed out just get a prescription off your doctor and you can get it for 36 quid a month in boots. alternatively you could do what im doing which is buy generic propecia off of one of the countless websites that sell it for about £10 per month.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. il go along after 4 months to c what they say on my progress then probably ditch them if i can get my gp to prescribe. thanks!