my transplant experience

repairguy

Reaction score
Forum members/readers/owners,

I have been lurking here for some time and felt it important to post my experience as i have been plagued by a poor decision i made back in May 2004 by having surgery at the Farjo clinic here in the UK. I see they are recommended here but after my personal experience i find it difficult to understand why? My results were very unsatisfactory and the transplant performed by Farjo clinic left me requiring repair surgery.

I was very naive and vulnerable when i decided to have a surgery with Farjo clinic and at the time i was informed i would require only a 2000 graft procedure. They seemed to know what they were on about and at the time and was lead to believe it would solve my problem. Unfortunately it only created me more problems and caused me a great deal of anxiety and further loss.

I had a surgery with them 7/5/04 and they actually only gave me 1500 grafts supposedly not the 2000 initially quoted and charged me £3700 for 1500 grafts! At the time I had nothing to compare it to so thought this was the price you must pay for a transplant. In brief the result was far from satisfactory and made no real difference at all apart from a funny v shaped scar which at its widest point is 4 mm. I just thought that this was hair transplants and thought that there was just nothing to be done other than have another surgery to add even more,even though 1500 grafts did nothing other than look unnatural amongst my thin existing hair. I needed on reflection about 3000 grafts for the goal i wanted to achieve not 1500. 1500 grafts didn't even grow as confirmed. My existing hair during the procedure wasn't even shaved down at the time of surgery unlike my recent repair session which i believe lead to shock loss also. I decided against having another surgery after this especially with Farjo again and decided to wear a system instead as it seemed like the only solution. I travelled from the North to Birmingham on a regular basis to have it adjusted, that's how desperate i was. I needed the system to cover the mistake i had made which was a few obvious transplants when i stood under any light especially as i couldn't hide it. It was far from a "stand alone transplant".

I was convinced that nothing could be done until finding the forums. This gave me hope that somehow could remove the transplants and fill in the scar as at this point now all i wanted to shave my head down as the system was a pain but the scar also was a real problem being hard to cover without a lot of hair.

I spent many months on the internet and finally came to understand that the UK is not the place to get a transplant whatever people try and tell you to convince you otherwise. The US and Canada continuous had rave reviews after much research and the many satisfied patients travelling over from the UK gave me hope that something could finally be done to repair my mistake as so many others were in the same boat and had been repaired.

I spoke with a few people online and found guys that were in a very similar situation to me that they too were in need of repair and were researching to find a way it could be done in such a way to enable me to finally be rid of the poor transplant work. I also wanted rid of this system i had been confided to as a result of this transplant. It was a real sad case of affairs to be honest. It caused me great stress and anxiety which is in the past now but still there in my memory. The large debt is not a memory though, that sadly is a harsh reminder of the saga everyday.

I was not prepared to give in though and continued researching. I saw many guys pictures and a lot were even worse than mine so hoped that something could be done as i still had a lot of donor hair available it just needed to be used well and for this i was now aware there were only 2 clinics i could trust. I looked into HW and Feller medical due to the many great reviews both clinics received form repair patients and after much deliberation opted to travel to see Dr Feller who was hopefully able to resolve this mess finally due to cheaper cost. I had a surgery with him in April 07 and now finally seeing very positive results which it such a relief after all this time of just not trusting in anything to do with transplants. I have been growing well so far and now planning my return to see Dr Feller next year to work further back into my balding crown which needs attention. He had to focus the first surgery on resolving the front with the appropriate number of grafts which totaled 2500 grafts and only cost me £3800 a lot cheaper and much much better than previously experienced, completely different class in actual fact.. The results from this last session with Feller have been very good so far as i mentioned but hopefully still more to come through from it that's why i am waiting before going back again to see him. Feller left most of the original scar as it was in a funny position(out of the safety zone). He said and he needed to go for donor in the correct area and not the scar which didn't fall within the safe zone. (See pic)

Blue lines show Farjo scar
10.jpg

Post op Feller, blue lines show Farjo scar which runs out safety zone
12.jpg

I intend to get this filled in at a later date with either grafts from next strip or FUE at a later date.

Just before i was about to go to the US for my repair the consultant form Farjo, Mick rang me out of the complete blue which i found very weird and he wanted to know if i was prepared to come into the office to have some pictures taken and whether he could use them on their web site. I was very frank with him and told him in no uncertain terms that if he used my results on his web site that the Farjo clinic would not benefit in anyway and that the results were far from satisfactory. I told him how disappointed i was and also told him i had scheduled a repair session with Dr Feller.. and he just wished me well. What else could he say really.... I wasn't surprised as it must happen a great deal. He never once offered to help or have me in for an inspection though which i found quite disappointing and typical of the entire Farjo experience. I would not have returned anyway and he was more than likely aware of this by the nature of our conversation.

I just wanted to share my experience with you as i know this forum is highly regarded but might not be aware of people like myself who unfortunately didn't have a satisfactory experience with the Farjo clinic that is recommend here...far from satisfactory it in actual fact!

Happy to answer questions or to be contacted by owner of this forum or moderator to disclose my name, date of surgery with Farjo if need as i feel its important the truth is told. I DO NOT want to be contacted by the Farjo clinic or any rep as i have nothing to say to them other than what is posted here.

Do your research.

Kind Regards

Repair guy

antonio666

Reaction score
this made me feel bad,this guy farjo is very poor as are all the british hair transplant companies,farjo is obviosly very poor at his work ,i looked on their website and they are bald themselve if they were that good they would transplant each others hair,i compare these people to murderers and rapists.

you parted with your hard earned money and they know that they are not capable of giving you good results but they take the money anyway,
these people are not ripping you off for a car,i mean you could live with that they are messing with our bodies and that is unforgivable.

i hope you get the desired results with feller,he is meant to be one of the best

s.a.f

Reaction score
Another unhappy UK patient, :thumbdown2: weve yet to hear from one single satisfied one. What are your thoughts on that Falceros?
BTW Farjo may be bad but are nowhere near the worst that the UK has to offer. :(
This just emphasises the point that for UK guys that travelling is absolutely necessary.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey repairguy,awesome that you eventually made it into the hands of one of the top surgeons! after all youve been through to finally find Dr Feller and then start to see real growth,you must be ecstatic!

good growing to you and you wont regret going in again to see Dr Feller :)

G

Repairguy, I am just glad to hear that things are working out for you! Congrats.

repairguy

Reaction score
Thankyou for your support, unfortunately my post on another forum was locked. Therefore i am posting further informtion and pictures here.

This is directly for Falceros.

My expectations were NEVER TOO HIGH so please stop trying to cloud the facts with YOUR opinion. As stated before
i had VERY REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. How YOU can presume to know MY expectations is remarkable !!!

I am VERY disappointed my thread was locked as all i am trying to do is show you the result of
my Farjo transplant which i am genuinely disappointed with and have very good reason. I feel i have clearly
shown you the result of their work on me here.

8.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

This statement of YOURS concerns me about you though.

""But the fact that you are making statements that you were "butchered" by the Farjo clinic ""

PLEASE SHOW ME AGAIN WHERE I SAID I WAS "BUTCHERED" - you didn't answer me the first time in
the post you locked, did you avoid it. You clearly want to put words in my mouth for some reason, why?. I said i was
disappointed and the work in my opinion and confirmed was POOR and UNSATISFACTORY. Again this is IMPORTANT.
Please show me where i said i was BUTCHERED by Farjo!

When you can't direct me to it i expect an apology please for trying to manipulate what i ACTUALLY said.
Surely this is wrong, and you are a moderator!

Also......

""Though I can sympathize for you that you feel that you've had a negative hair transplant experience, in my opinion, you have
not shown sufficient evidence that Dr. Farjo gave you an sub-par hair transplant.""

Is NO growth as clearly shown and this scar picture which is 1 inch approximately from my ear , not enough sufficient evidence
or were my "expectation" still TOO high??.

HH88.jpg

This picture with the staples doesn't show all the Farjo scar, the scar continues into the area highlighted by red as you can see below.

12HH.jpg

See the blue lines in this picture below to correspond the position, see how the Farjo scar continues and gets longer and larger.
See how close to my ear it ends! Is this "too high expectations" Falceros?

HH888.jpg

Well it is clear to me even if i shown you 1000 pictures documenting every step of Farjo transplant
you would have another handful of excuses for them. Ask them to provide before and immediate post op pictures. Until they do you
surely can not lock this topic as they are responsible as much as i am to provide them. If they do not have them either then surely
these results here speak volumes enough. Where are the 1500 grafts growing?? Is the scar satisfactory?? Is the position that of a world
class transplant clinic?? You seem to be very slippy in my opinion and trying to protect Farjo along with Balody who for the record never
answered my direct questions to him either....interesting. The results of the Farjo work on me are clear to see (nothing).
Nothing other than a few grafts and a scar which is in the wrong position for 1500 grafts, FACT. If you are still not prepared to at least
entertain myopinion then i presume you haven't taken a minute to ask Feller his opinion yet on the standard of work....
that would be TOO easy i suppose!

The best thing as i suggested previously to help YOU get a better understanding is to clarify all this simply with Dr Feller and simply
ask him his opinion. If his opinion is not 100% the same as mine here with regard to the standard of work received and the position
of the scar being inappropriate (especially for only 1500 grafts ) then i will retract all my posts and pictures where ever requested and
make a formal apology here publicly to Farjo and actually thank them for the work they performed on me. If Feller feels like you that
this is satisfactory and that i am in some way deluded then feel free also to remove this account of mine and post what ever you like
in order to confirm that i am just a patient that has no right to be unsatisfied and that i in no uncertain terms just had very unrealistic
expectations.

Is this a completely outrageous request under the circumstances?????

Lock away Falceros if it helps protect you and the clinic you recommend. The proof is here and when i get further pictures from
Dr Feller and you have spoken to him you can maybe confirm everything here for me. I do not have the pictures you requested only
the results of the Farjo transplant as shown here. The picture one poster thought was a pre op picture!!

I look forward to your response and especially clarification on where i said i was "BUTCHERED"

Repairguy

G

Repairguy,

I can hardly wait to see how you look when everything grows out! Thanks again for sharing all of the pics, including the scarring. That is not easy to do. I wish you the best.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
:agree:

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PB is another hair transplant veteran who made comments about farjo and Falc and was banned from HTN, I have no time for that forum, I rarely look in there as it's all falc, falc falc, he must be paid per post or something, he's a nice enough guy and a lot of his advice is good but there are too many links (or plugs - no pun intended) on his post's, its common knowledge that negative comment made towards Falc or clinics that sponsor HTN will end up being blocked or deleted and the poster being banned, so I wont waste my time there, like many I guess..

Farjo is as bad as the rest of the crappy surgeons from the UK and HTN has lost it's credibility for featuring / promoting such piss poor surgeons membership of 'the coalition' :thumbdown2:

I hope things work out for you Repairguy, Dr Farjo's estimated 2000 grafts beggars belief!

hairtech_

Reaction score
Falcaros,

Lucky is correct and you know it. You guys ban as much as on Farrel's site. How are patients going to get the truth when you are ban crazy? I read the other day where you just started going off on a clinic because the pictures were not to your expectations... probably because they don't pay... Anyway then I read down more and more and a bunch of posters jumped on you for it, Shame on you. Impartial??? right.

Threads are only locked on forums because of some gestapo forum moderator... like... you! :)

hairtech_

Reaction score
Falcaros,

You paint pictures. You paint pictures that you are always right... but your not. YOU got me suspended. Go back and read. You tattled like a kid to Pat Hennesey. No one was even fighting by the time Pat banned me. You attacked me and so did a few others... Eventually everything settled down and even BSPOT said you guys were unfair. As far as this statement:

"The bottom line is all of this is the perogative of the moderator who acts based on what he feels is best for the overall community. You don't have to agree with it. It just is what it is. It doesn't just happen at HTN or HLH - it happens everywhere."

You are full of yourself. Sorry but you are full of bull brother. There are complaints all over the place about money derived banning and over-moderation by folks like you. The only thing I like about you Falcaros is your knowledge. I think you really are gifted with knowledgde of hair transplant. WHy don't you show that more and stop with the "defensiveness". Maybe you would see things go smoother and get more respect. Even I had to learn that attribute. In fact why don't you put yourself back into the shoes of helping folks and stop mudslinging and "painting pictures" :)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Falc, I do not doubt your knowledge but I do think you are a shill to a certain degree, that is my thought only however I would like a short and simple anser by you to a post by a moderator at another forum, here it is....

QUOTE - HTN
When I shared what I learned from my visit this Spring to Europe on the Stop Hair Loss Now forum I was all but banned and my topic was locked. This forum is very adverse to any information that contradicts their promotional dogma that patients must fly to North America. Those promoting this dogma have a vested financial interest in getting patients to fly to the USA for surgery.

[quote:17w48qu5]
I was hoping these lies would have been removed by now as i was informed they would be, but still they haven't. Falceros you have ignored my comments above and still posted on the other topic regardless and have also provided yet another link to your forum.Your post I will allow this post as your final post here though out of good will. This is still very disappointing and shows complete disrespect IMO that you went against SHLN's request. Especially after our discussion via PM.

I was happy to re allow links to HTN as you know via our PM. You contacted me remember. I mentioned i would give permission to allow links again to HTN if particular comments were removed from your site. The comments you agreed were incorrect.

You have left me no other alternative and as you know i tried to only help this matter.

Please refrain from posting here or linking HTN here as requested previously. I hope you will not disrespect me or this forum again.
[/quote:17w48qu5]

G

I would like to point out that I quite like Falceros--He is a good chap, believe it or not.

Obviously he is a tough position and lets be honest, you simply cannot make everyone happy.

However, I don't like UK clinics--- I don't believe their work is on par with what is offered elsewhere.

They cannot refute that because there is simply no proof and more likely than not, your going to hear a negative testimonial like repairguys's rather than a success.

As far as the Farjo clinic specifically-- I believe they have taken the next step and begun to embrace the techniques and produce nice results---- but that doesn't make then equal to the world leaders in hair restoration overnight---- you have to EARN that and that takes time.

I don't make the rules on HTN, I play by them because I believe that all in all, the site helps people make better decisions because we're all fighting the poor clinics and hairmills right?

I understand the message seems to get lost, like in this case, but let's not forget, Falc was a STRONG patient advocate AND a patient like everyone else before he became employed with the site.

Your doing the right thing guys--- by posting your experiences online--- but I think the focus should stay on the doctor who did this to you---- that is the important message IMO.

Anyway, I wish you the best repairguy and I am sorry you have to endure this--- glad you found a great Doctor to take care of you as well.

Take Care,
Jason

Oh and BTW-- Hairtech should not have been banned on HTN--- on HLH, well, he got warned :youbet: but at that time he was really pissed off, so I can understand.

hairtech_

Reaction score
Gosh your the only one that understood that time period BSPOT... It all happened around the same time.

Thanks for trying to cool this thread down.
i do remember falcaros before he got paid. Your right.

Heck LuckyUK, BSPOT, Falcaros, and hairtech have all tied one on at one time or another. LOL :puke:

hairtech_

Reaction score
ok how about talking to pat and letting me rejoin your website. Then we both can educate folks together. That will show the reality of who you are.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Sadly enough I don't know how to work the PM on this site. Will you kindly pm either hairtech or hairtech_ or both? The hairtech_ is my work pm. The regular hairtech is the home pm. Thanks

G

Hopefully you can get back on HTN-- that would be a good thing, to be sure.

No more naked pictures though---- :hump:

HAHA!!!