My theory on 2nd shed while on treatments.

earlybalder

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this is not based on any scientific evidence and just me brainstorming.

When starting treatments, There is hair which is in the Anagen phase and Telogen phase. The sheds which you have at the beginning of treatment are the miniaturized hairs which were in the telogen phase which would have fallen anyways very soon but the treatments just quickens this. These shedded hairs therefore switch to the anagen phase due to the influence of hair treatments and that is where you see your first signs of growth.

The 2nd shed in my opinion, often happens around the 1 year mark and it consists of hairs which were originally in the anagen phase (when you started treatments) but after 1 year of hair treatments they have switched to the telogen phase and will hopefully return just like the first cycle of shedded hairs.

I'm saying this based on my current experience, I started treatments, shed a good amount of minaturized hairs, gained lots of density from treatments and was happy, now at 1 year mark have shedded for a good 2 months but there is something different.

The hairs which I grew from the start of the treatment (hairline, temples) still remain and I have lost hair density in a place which I didnt at the start of treatments. Hopefully ,all these shedded hairs come back and augment my current growth. Then again, All this might be BS and I may just be losing the battle.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
No I think you are right. Its not like treatments are going to bring all your hair back in one swoop. Plus miniaturization takes place over time, so its going to take time to regrow hair. If you don't mind me asking, what is your treatment regimen?

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmm.... I kinda agree.

I sadly don't remember much about the hair I lost when I had my first shed. My 2nd shed involves hair that are all weak as in being gray/white, thinner than my normal thick hair. The only think that reminds me of my old hair loss is the dandruff. D:

Hopefully that dandruff didn't cause the shedding but it was the 2nd shed as to let the weak hairs fall and make room for the strong hair to pop out. :D

/me crosses fingers.