my supplier told me lace units are becoming a thing of the past

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@ BaldBearded

Do you have any experience of the quality out of Thailand and Vietnam?
I was told once that another cost driver for Chinese prices are import taxes on non-Chinese hair.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ BaldBearded

Do you have any experience of the quality out of Thailand and Vietnam?
I was told once that another cost driver for Chinese prices are import taxes on non-Chinese hair.
The quality of the systems from Vietnam that I have gotten from the factory we use there is excellent.

No, I don't believe the cost of hair is a factor, it's truly a minor cost, labor being the major one, and the scarcity of some base materials like lace.

Jimmy2301

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since we are on this topic. I just read that North Korea might be considering opening border in April for small volume of trade.
This guys wanted to be fully self reliant back in January but I guess he realized that won’t be possible lol. The border opening story is based on South Korea UPI news reports not sure how true this is but thought to share it

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since we are on this topic. I just read that North Korea might be considering opening border in April for small volume of trade.
This guys wanted to be fully self reliant back in January but I guess he realized that won’t be possible lol. The border opening story is based on South Korea UPI news reports not sure how true this is but thought to share it

Let's hope so. It could be a step in the right direction!

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's hope so. It could be a step in the right direction!
Hasn't Covid basically been gone from China for the most part for many months? Why is N. Korea so hesitant on letting goods in from them?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasn't Covid basically been gone from China for the most part for many months? Why is N. Korea so hesitant on letting goods in from them?

There has been 0 news from N.Korea since the pandemic started. They are not reporting ANY infections. They have basically no health system, and if COVID-19 would take hold as in other countries it would totally devastate the population already suffering from a serious of famines.

There is no use applying logic to a country that is basically a large prison camp. This has been their way of fighting the pandemic.

You can apply any logic in dealing with this country.