My success story - Rogaine/Nizoral started November 2011

Shuggy

Reaction score
I hope so too. I have a similar pattern of thin hair, behind my fringe if you like. So I'm pleased the early results seem to be filling that area in. I look forward to your reply.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
That's really great result. Incredible!:)

sfc2010

Reaction score
October 2012 Update - 10 months into treatment - updated pics

Howdy all,

It's been several months since my last post and I wanted to update with progress and a few pics. I've been adhering to the same regimen now (Rogaine 2x/day and Nizoral 1% 2x/week) for over 10 months, and I will honestly say that since my last update I have probably missed half a dozen treatments (usually - when I've stayed up way too late and just went to bed)... There hasn't been a single day however where I've missed both Rogaine treatments on a given day. Just 5 or 6 missed over the course of half a year.

I've been pleased with progress. I did notice perhaps a slight shed after six months, wasn't really a shed so much as I noticed a bit less density that lasted a few weeks... But the pics below show you where I'm at today.

To me it seems like I've got just a bit more density evident since last update - but certainly no worsening - holding steady, worst case. You guys may offer you opinions when you compare the various photos... I get so tired of looking I'm not sure if my eyes are deceiving me or not. ;) Note I see these pretty much for the first time along with you - I don't take a lot of photos, just the ones I post (mainly). This way I don't get hung up 'counting hairs' and such. ;)

Note I had trouble adding pics to my original album on this site so I just went ahead and created another... To compare you'll have to alternate between both albums.

Also I think I mentioned earlier - when looking at the 'top' view - I have always had a quarter/half-dollar sized 'bald spot' top left area of front - above my left eye, about two inches back from my hairline -- from a car accident when I was a young teen... No hair there literally to grow at all. Compared to my day 1 pictures (where you really could not distinguish that spot from the other scary-looking barren areas) as the hair has filled in up there the spot is becoming more evident again (as it always had been for years to some extent). A 'mixed blessing' I suppose. ;)

Original Album showing start of treatment and then 4 months after starting:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/sfc2010/albums/550

And three new pics from the new album showing how things are looking now (Oct 2012):

Attachments

• IMG_4381a.jpg
    IMG_4381a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,027
  • IMG_4376a.jpg
    IMG_4376a.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,814
  • IMG_4375a.jpg
    IMG_4375a.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,778

butcher

Reaction score
really nice progess man :) but perhaps im doing something wrong but i cant see the new pics and i am logged on.....

btw i do the same program as u do, i am about 6 weeks in and so far it feels that my hair have gone way more dark.

sfc2010

Reaction score
really nice progess man :) but perhaps im doing something wrong but i cant see the new pics and i am logged on.....

OK I edited the post above and saved the images in a different way (as attachments)... You still need to be logged in to see them but perhaps it'll be a bit more straightforward. There should be three pics at the bottom of the last post...

Philly78

Reaction score
Congrats, I'm on the same regimen and it's been 5 months now. I have the same balding pattern as you. I've had good progress from month 3 to 4 but now it seems like nothing really happened in the last month. My hair are definetely thicker and darker. No significiant signs of new regrowth though...will i get some? I hope so.

I'm still seeing hairs in the sink...or when i'm taking my shower. I want to believe there's less than when i've started minoxidil and nizoral but i really don't know? What about you?

One sure thing, the hair that i have now (and the ones that were miniaturized) look healthy. Must be a good sign.

sfc2010

Reaction score
I'm still seeing hairs in the sink...or when i'm taking my shower. I want to believe there's less than when i've started minoxidil and nizoral but i really don't know? What about you?
I will say that I also thought things kind of "leveled out" during months 5-7 or so... When I actually saw what I thought was a bit of shedding, though I don't recall hairs falling out, but did notice (perhaps) a slight lessening of density overall... But the best measure for me are the pics, where I can see what I think is perhaps further incremental progress thru the 10 month mark. It would honestly be impossible for me to identify this change though if I hadn't taken pictures... So yes I think the natural course of hair growth will have you see ups and downs to some extent (I did).

mnhoops

Reaction score
sfc2010, any recent updates or photos you would be willing to share? I happened upon your thread today and have been using the same routing for 4-5 months. I'm 30 and at about 27 started noticing hairloss in the temples and frontal area. At around 29 I had noticable hairloss on the entire top of my head with more severe loss on both the temples and vertex. Nearly every male on my mother's side of the family has the same...bald on the entire top. Some start around 25, others 35, but I'm following the stardard family pattern.

4-5 months ago I started a Kirkland minoxidil 5% & nizoral treatment. Stayed relatively regular...missed probably a total of 10 treatments of both. At around a month I had noticable shedding. At 3 months I noticed small, thin hairs growing around my temples. At 4-5 months I had another, bigger shed, that seems to have stopped within the past week. The small hairs on my temples are still there and have grown a bit longer. All-in-all, I look more bald now than I did at the start due to the shedding. I have it shaved pretty tight and from a distance it looks nearly bald. Closer up you can see a noticable balding guy with decently evenly spread hair across the top with the normal thick hair on the sides.

Thought I'd share my story with a similar treatment and I'll try to update this forum in another couple months. Still hoping for success...while I see small, new hair growth in areas I haven't seen for a year, I've lost more hair than I've gained.

Hope you're able to update! Take care.

aaron60060

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I am so happy you're sharing your results. I am terrified of using Finasteride, so your Rogaine / Nizoral regimen is akin to what I'm doing. I've only been on the foam for 2 days, but it feels really good to know that I"m taking action, and it's people like yourself who help us get through this together!