My Strip hair transplant in India

GeminiX

Reaction score
Looks great, I'm cosidering more hairline work myself and yours looks *really* good.

The worst part is just ahead for you when all the transplants fall out, it's horrible seeing all that lovely new hair on the pillow and sink. But then a few months later and it all starts popping up again and it's terrific :)

Reaction score
IBM said:
1. Your receded hairline (pre-op) was much better than lots of NW1 guys.
2. What you'll do when you start to lose up your new hairline?
3. Why you didnt fue?

1. That picture didn't quite establish my condition, I guess. I'll try to post other pictures of my pre-op hair.

At present, In order to appear like a person with no hairloss or only a little hairloss, I have to keep the hair short and comb it forwards. When the air blows against my hair, I have to bring the comb out of the pocket and bring the hair forward again. I found that to be ridiculous, sort of like a comedy stint in a movie.

I thought I had enough of it. So, I got a hair transplant.

2. Finasteride has me covered for next few years. Mind You, for the past 6 months, I had been using ONLY Finasteride. After consulting my Doctor, I might start using Minoxidil.

Also, I expect a breakthrough in hair-related research over the next few years. I don't think that such assumptions are far-fetched.

3. Actually, I did want to get myself an FUE at first but after considerable research, I felt that there is no Doctor in India who has proven himself in FUE. But after seeing Raj's results here, I'm inclined to think favorably of Dr Poswal (Mumbai)

Besides, this strip surgery got me 2230 grafts in one session. I doubt if that was possible with a FUE.

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Looks great, I'm cosidering more hairline work myself and yours looks *really* good.

The worst part is just ahead for you when all the transplants fall out, it's horrible seeing all that lovely new hair on the pillow and sink. But then a few months later and it all starts popping up again and it's terrific :)

Thanks bro.

This is the 17th day after the surgery and I can still see the new hairline. But clearly, the density of that day is gone.

So, Do these follicles enter the 'Telogen' - Resting phase immediately after the transplant OR After the hairs fall out now ?

This telogen phase supposedly lasts for 3 months. So, Will the hairs start coming out 3 months post Op OR 3 months after the hairs fall out ?

GeminiX

Reaction score
In my case there was almost nothing left by two months, but by six months the hairs were popping through all over the place.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Yeah, give or take a few weeks that's about right.

I'm just finishing off my gallery images, I'll let you know when it's done and you can see my hairline over those months.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Yeah, give or take a few weeks that's about right.

I'm just finishing off my gallery images, I'll let you know when it's done and you can see my hairline over those months.
GeminiX, thats a cool site you have. :) When did you get your hair transplant and from whom?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Fellow_Sufferer said:
IBM said:
1. Your receded hairline (pre-op) was much better than lots of NW1 guys.
2. What you'll do when you start to lose up your new hairline?
3. Why you didnt fue?

1. That picture didn't quite establish my condition, I guess. I'll try to post other pictures of my pre-op hair.

At present, In order to appear like a person with no hairloss or only a little hairloss, I have to keep the hair short and comb it forwards. When the air blows against my hair, I have to bring the comb out of the pocket and bring the hair forward again. I found that to be ridiculous, sort of like a comedy stint in a movie.

I thought I had enough of it. So, I got a hair transplant.

2. Finasteride has me covered for next few years. Mind You, for the past 6 months, I had been using ONLY Finasteride. After consulting my Doctor, I might start using Minoxidil.

Also, I expect a breakthrough in hair-related research over the next few years. I don't think that such assumptions are far-fetched.

3. Actually, I did want to get myself an FUE at first but after considerable research, I felt that there is no Doctor in India who has proven himself in FUE. But after seeing Raj's results here, I'm inclined to think favorably of Dr Poswal (Mumbai)

Besides, this strip surgery got me 2230 grafts in one session. I doubt if that was possible with a FUE.

Why do you say 2230 grafts is not possible from fue? I have seen quite a few impressive results of 2000 + fue and bht grafts results (and I am not talking of myself alone).
BTW, Dr. Arvind Poswal is not in Mumbai. He is located in Delhi.
Besides him, Dr. Woods, Cole, Jones etc have all shown good fue results too. I think its a misconception that large numbers cant be done by fue.

GeminiX

Reaction score
"Rwt_Raj"GeminiX, thats a cool site you have. :) When did you get your hair transplant and from whom?

Thanks matey :)

I had my hair transplant done at the Rogers Clinic in the UK.

@Fellow_Sufferer, I've finished the gallery at last and uploaded quite a few images from the hair transplant procedure and six months afterwards. I think my hair transplant was fairly typical, so those images should give you an idea what you can expect through the autumn and into the holidays :)

Noobie

Reaction score
Hold on... you paid +1440 dollars for that many grafts?! I have to be wrong some how.

Reaction score
Noobie said:
Hold on... you paid +1440 dollars for that many grafts?! I have to be wrong some how.

Yeah, thats how much I paid I guess ... depends on the exchange rate etc. I got charged in Indian Rupees of course.

Right now, He charges Rs 25 per graft.

----

I'll post the pics soon. It has been full 1 month since the surgery.