My Story

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I cut my extensions to the same length as my bio hair, just have them for thickness really. It's weird how hair has so much power of us, isn't it? And how bad losing it can make us feel, and feel like we're not even ourselves anymore. How bad is your hair loss?

If you're hair loss got to the point that it is quite severe would you go for a wig? I personally know a few girls who are either wearing full wigs or maybe like partial wigs and it's definitely not a big deal to anyone. If my gf started to lose her hair and ended up wearing a wig I wouldn't think twice about it. I feel like for females it is a much less stigmatized thing than males.

Myth

Reaction score
Hair really does. For others like us, it meant something, and gave us identity. More than just something that grows on our head. Losing it has taken me to the lowest of lows, daily if I see a mirror. I posted some pictures, they should be on my original posting now. It went from thick to thin, and a bald spot before I started finasteride 3 months ago. Hoping for a miracle. Ready to swallow the pain.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yeah norwegian men are judgemental and shallow. At least a lot of them. I'm sure most of you have heard the story about how my latest ex dumped me because of hair loss. Because he couldn't be with a girl who was bald, in his own words. And I actually thought we were soulmates, and he said that he wanted us to be together forever. I guess by forever he meant until my looks deteriorated, aka hair loss. Because when things got tough and I lost my hair, he didn't want to be by my side anymore.

Did your ex notice or have you told him about your hair loss?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Did your ex notice or have you told him about your hair loss?

Both.

- - - Updated - - -

Hair really does. For others like us, it meant something, and gave us identity. More than just something that grows on our head. Losing it has taken me to the lowest of lows, daily if I see a mirror. I posted some pictures, they should be on my original posting now. It went from thick to thin, and a bald spot before I started finasteride 3 months ago. Hoping for a miracle. Ready to swallow the pain.

I just saw your pics. I can see you are thinning and understand your concern, but your hair isn't that bad. I'm sure it's not like it used to be, but really it's not that bad to others who see you from the outside. Hopefully you can gain back what you've lost to enjoy a full head of hair again :)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
EL, that sucks. I guess it was more of lust than love.

Yes, definitely. At least from his side. But what's weird, I always pictured us as best friends and lovers and thought he did too. At least that's what he said. But as soon as we found out I was going bald, he was out. So I guess it wasn't true love like I thought!

shookwun

Reaction score
That's reality for both men, and women unfortunately.

I don't feel money is the biggest issue in sustaining a relationship rather cheating, and loosing attraction being the biggest driving factors towards separation.

I could care less how much my significant other makes, as long as she works and pays her share of our living expenses.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Not specifically judging this to be your situation Evil,

I believe there are cases that exist, when a relationship unexpectedly dissolves because one partner can make themselves too available.

This can potentially cause some of the best looking relationships to weather and lose their luster had he/she demonstrated less dependence.

Good intentions can score high marks in most partnerships and spontaneity can be exciting.

However it has been my experience that long term ones require long term thinking.

Those whom are committed to the long haul recognize the vital importance of pacing themselves more shrewdly.

Acting/reacting to general stimuli more slowly and more carefully ,

treating potential dramas like they are opportunities to show case or develop your character

rather than responding to them with an ordinary, unsophisticated knee jerk m.o., can

viably improve a couples mileage dramatically.

Also by not revealing all your mysteries up front or on your sleeve can help extend the life/love span of many relationships.

Most of all learn the value of fun, protect your individuality by leading through example.
Share the body of your favorite passions and past times a little at a time,

like one might randomly share a personal snapshot, this is done to preserve the integrity of your heart and keep it originally intact,

Intrigue begets interest begets bonding begets respect begets sharing in the wonders of another spring together begets stronger bonding.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. At least from his side. But what's weird, I always pictured us as best friends and lovers and thought he did too. At least that's what he said. But as soon as we found out I was going bald, he was out. So I guess it wasn't true love like I thought!

He was only telling you what you wanted to hear. You're better off without him.. And he is probably like nw4 by now, so you kinda dodged a bullet there ;)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
He was only telling you what you wanted to hear. You're better off without him.. And he is probably like nw4 by now, so you kinda dodged a bullet there ;)

Haha, I wish! That would be the ultimate irony, if he actually went bald himself. I bet he would cry himself to sleep every night, like I did after we broke up and because I lost my hair. But sadly he is a NW1.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think rather that your love simply grew faster than his. In his own capacity he probably loved you but at a slower rate. Therefore his immature roots could not possibly compete with the depth and abundance of your own deeper capacity to love.
Love like yours can't help but burn (at both ends). Bright as a supernova. Your love is your real power. Distribute it wisely, and grow stronger by it.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that hurt really bad. Especially when all I want to do is have long beautiful hair like I used to have. I am very aware of that men like long haired women, which is part of why I hate the shorter hair. I don't have short hair like a man thankfully, but shorter than shoulder length is still way short for my liking...

I have thought of a wig, but will wait with that until I absolutely have to. For now I'm using extensions and toppik to get by.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah norwegian men are judgemental and shallow. At least a lot of them. I'm sure most of you have heard the story about how my latest ex dumped me because of hair loss. Because he couldn't be with a girl who was bald, in his own words. And I actually thought we were soulmates, and he said that he wanted us to be together forever. I guess by forever he meant until my looks deteriorated, aka hair loss. Because when things got tough and I lost my hair, he didn't want to be by my side anymore.

He sounds like an immature punk.

You don't say sh*t like that to a girl unless you mean it unconditionally...

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah dating and relationships are just tricky in general. I know I thought I have loved a few girls only to grow tired with the relationship. That guys sounds like a dick to break up over that, and cite it as the reason..

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that hurt really bad. Especially when all I want to do is have long beautiful hair like I used to have. I am very aware of that men like long haired women, which is part of why I hate the shorter hair. I don't have short hair like a man thankfully, but shorter than shoulder length is still way short for my liking...

I have thought of a wig, but will wait with that until I absolutely have to. For now I'm using extensions and toppik to get by.

- - - Updated - - -

Has your hair stabilized at all, or do you see it still thinning? I really, really hope you can at least keep what you have now for a long time.

Where is your new avatar?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
You gay, nameless?

No, you misunderstood.

You said that a guy shouldn't say sh!t like that to a girl and I was just saying that I think that women also shouldn't say sh!t like that to men.

I had a live-in girlfriend who knew I was losing my hair and when we disagreed about something she tried to use it as leverage. She would say something like, "you better listen to me because it's not like a lot of other women want you anymore." The first few times it happened I tried to reason with her by firing back at her, "The issue is not who can get the most other people; the issue is who's right and who's wrong." But She kept trying to blackmail me so when a friend of her's from Nebraska called and asked her to go to Nebraska for a visit I was happy to pay for the plane ticket because I needed a break from her. After a few weeks she called to ask for a return ticket back to my place and I told her she couldn't come back. She was stunned. She tried to talk nice to me and tell me how much she wanted to be with me and how sorry she was, but I wasn't having any of it. She had pulled that "you can't get a bunch of women anymore so you better do what I say" routine on me 5 or 6 times and she was not going to stop it. If she had gotten back into my place it would have been hard to get her out again. She called crying for a couple of months but I wouldn't budge so she finally stopped calling me.

People need to treat each other with dignity and respect. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone than allow myself to be mistreated because I'm freaking disfigured. I did not ask to be disfigured; it was imposed on me.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
People need to treat each other with dignity and respect. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone than allow myself to be mistreated because I'm freaking disfigured. I did not ask to be disfigured; it was imposed on me.
Nameless I may not speak for every member here,
nevertheless I think kudos to you are in order as a result of your consistent observance and advocacy to fairness and equality in particular not to mention also your keen sensibility to the respective societal challenges ubiquitously at play.
Placing our humanity before our vanity...that's where real change begins.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Nameless I may not speak for every member here,
nevertheless I think kudos to you are in order as a result of your consistent observance and advocacy to fairness and equality in particular yet not exclusive to your keen sensibility to their respective societal challenges ubiquitously at play.
Placing our humanity before our vanity...that's where real change begins.

Even if you can't have fairness and equality in the whole world people can try to make it happen in their relationships. She didn't even try. As a matter of fact, she tried to exploit her attractiveness advantage over me. It's like she was saying, "I can go elsewhere but you can't so you better do whatever I say."

I'm a nice guy and I can be reasoned with. I fancy myself one of the good guys. Even when I had my hair I was always know as "the nice one." Women liked me even though I was sleeping with half of them, which by the way must mean that sex with me is great. But that aside, I'm cool with compromise and I can work through disagreements or arguments, but for a woman to come right out and essentially tell me that even if she's wrong I better do EVERYTHING she says because she can go elsewhere and I can't, owing to a disfigurement, is a non-starter. The answer is no. No means no.

I hope she likes Nebraska. I hear they've got a lot of corn there.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you like NW2.5? And you would kill yourself over hairloss? You can almost guarantee not ever being slick bald if you have the money for transplants.

I was basically diffuse thinning NW3V when I started treatment. Darker times. I wouldn't kill myself the way my hair is now. If I started losing ground badly again, and had exhausted my otehr options (drugs and hair transplant donor hair) then I would consider one of two approaches. 1. Do what Fred did, hair transplant plus buzzcut (this would make me look like crap, bad head shape for a buzz cut). 2. Suicide.
Like I said though, that's a problem for further down the road, right I have less hair/density than I'd like, but enough to work with for the most part.