My Story. Shedding after 2 years finasteride

zakkwild

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for my english because im an asian who got C- in eng class.

Well, i dont know who to talk with about hairloss and Im about to explode because of the STRESS.

Now I'm almost 24 and i had this curse since i was 16, but i didnt care much about my hair at that time. When I'm 18, the shedding was very agressive i lost like 200 hairs per day and my friend and GF commented me about the bald spot. i was depressed stress like the world about to end (actually the end of the world is better than the end of my hair). After that my Gf left me and it worsen my stress. I started losing about 300hairs per day. My first treatment was kaffir lime. I applied it on my scalp once a day. I could see the result since first time i used it. My hair stopped falling immediately. And it showed slight regrowth. I felt life again I got my new Gf and I left her, I fooled around and felt in love like Elvin Bishop's song. My confidence completely came back. Kaffir lime bought me to life again. After 3 years and i was 21, kaffir lime helped me no more. It was less effective and my hair started falling out again. It worse than before so I decided to buzz it off. At that time i had no gf because everyone knew that i was a jerk. I was down to deep of loneliness. There was only me and my bald spot. So I decided to try finasteride after searching in internet like crazy. I took finasteride(proscar 1.25mg) since mid december 2012 and I ****ing shed like hell. It was the worst time of my life that situation. During the initial shedding period i met one girl in the party (at that time my hobby was musician) i flirted (dont know what is the right word) her and she seemed to like me back. I flirted her with my ****ing bald spot on my crown. At my first date with that girl, she commented me about my bald spot and laugh. I was so embarrassed and thought that she didnt want to see me again. But no, she accepted for who i am and we were couples. I was so happy and didnt give a **** abt my hair anymore but i still kept taking proscar once a day. Until my hairs came back, my confidence came back again, i started to be an a**h** again along these 2 years proscar gave me. And my Gf knew that i was a ****ing a**h** so she decided to leave me alone since Jan 2015. And my life is dark again, i lost the person who accept me for what i am, not what i want to be. My hair kept falling like hell again so i cut my hair off. Before i had full head of hair and i leFt it longer than my shoulder. Right now with Telogen Effluvium short hair , I can see my scalp at the top, and everyone at my workplace points about my blad spot at the crown. I dont know wtf is wrong with proscar... my life is screwed by my self. Girl left, hairloss...

So, this is my story
the conclusion is

my hair kept falling again after 2 years on proscar. My bald spot at the crown has been returned and i dunno wtf is wrong so..
i decide to add minoxidil 5% and nizoral 2% which ive never used it before. i also want to update my hair every week but I dont know how to attach photos here.

MercMan

Reaction score
That's tough man. Maybe it's just a shed? Sounds like your hair kinda yo-yos. Or maybe time to go with dutasteride?

zakkwild

Reaction score
im going to try minoxidil first.
is there any different between Rogaine and other cheap minoxidil?
my country got Nuhair minoxidil which is cheaper than rogaine twice.

Last edited:

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
So with hair you are a Jerk?
Lol ! :) dude there will be plenty of other girls who will accept you for who you are - but the moral of the story really is hang up your player pants lol good luck with the minoxidil it works great on the crown so you'll get good results

zakkwild

Reaction score
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
2 years proscar
1 day minoxidil (nuhair5)
will keep updating once a week

bananabus

Reaction score
Deal with the stress first. The worst shed I ever had coincided with the news of a family member who had terminal cancer.

ive had sheds again since but not as aggressive. Good luck.

zakkwild

Reaction score
today is my 1 month anniversary in minoxidil using.
1-2 week = No shed at all
3-4 week = Massive shedding, ton of hairs on my pillow in the morning.
according to the picture, i think it worse than last month
Hope I will grow what i lost.
Sorry for my bad english
(2.3 years proscar)
(1 month minoxidil)
photo 1 (1).jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 2 (1).jpgphoto 3.jpg

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice Hairline and hair thickness. Shedding happens bro, seems you have had aggressive attacks at the crown but the finasteride is working in mantaining it. Looks the same but without flash in the first pics.

zakkwild

Reaction score
guys, now i got a problem. I started to have an itch on my scalp where minoxidil is applied, and i unconciously scratch my scalp everynight while I'm sleeping. That causes a lot of shed in the night, and my pillow is full of hairs.
I've been using Nizoral(mon and thru) for about 6 weeks and it does not help lately. I also bought an anti drandruff shampoo named Selsun which contains silinium sulfide but i saw an article said that selsun can accelerate hairloss. Please suggest me how to deal with this itch. Thanksss

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, now i got a problem. I started to have an itch on my scalp where minoxidil is applied, and i unconciously scratch my scalp everynight while I'm sleeping.
Outch. I sometimes do this too, it's so annoying in the morning ! A zinc sulfate lotion or some apple cider vinegar applied on the scalp during the night should relieve the itch.
Also, try not to scratch your head at all during the day otherwise you'll continue to do it during the night.

zakkwild

Reaction score
Outch. I sometimes do this too, it's so annoying in the morning ! A zinc sulfate lotion or some apple cider vinegar applied on the scalp during the night should relieve the itch.
Also, try not to scratch your head at all during the day otherwise you'll continue to do it during the night.

thanks bro for your advise.
I have no problem in the morning, Ive never scratched my scalp while I'm awake. I only have this problem in the night because i cant control myself. Last night i woke up at 3.00 in the morning and my head felt like burning due to scratching (my scalp was painful, i saw drandruff attached my nails and hairssss!!!!)

Thanks for your advise again.