My Story - On and Off Hair Loss Treatment (and a question about Nizoral shampoo)

putranda

Reaction score
1. Hi guys. A brief introduction about myself.

2. My hair loss started when I was around 18-19 years old.

3. I've been on Propecia and Rogaine treatment (on and off) for the past 10 years now. This is due to my financial problem that I can't afford the medication.

4. I'm now 29 years old. Since I now have a stable job and I'm very concern about how I look, I decided to take the medicine again. I have just started yesterday.

5. Plus, my hair on the top is very thin and sheds easily. Probably because of the stress.

6. I also use Toppik to cover up the bald spot.

7. To speed up the result, I thought I should take Zinc 100 mg every day. I read Zinc deficiency could cause hair loss too. At the same, I make sure I take Multivitamin and Fish Oils too.

8. All of these started yesterday (20 July 2015).

9. I read somewhere that Nizoral shampoo can also speed up the process. My question is there are two colors - the blue one and the orange one. Which one I should take? Can someone suggest me? Thanks.

10. I will try to update my story in 3 months time. Thanks.

url.jpgnizoral-a-d-shampoo-278x278.jpg

taco1994

Reaction score
1. Hi guys. A brief introduction about myself.

2. My hair loss started when I was around 18-19 years old.

3. I've been on Propecia and Rogaine treatment (on and off) for the past 10 years now. This is due to my financial problem that I can't afford the medication.

4. I'm now 29 years old. Since I now have a stable job and I'm very concern about how I look, I decided to take the medicine again. I have just started yesterday.

5. Plus, my hair on the top is very thin and sheds easily. Probably because of the stress.

6. I also use Toppik to cover up the bald spot.

7. To speed up the result, I thought I should take Zinc 100 mg every day. I read Zinc deficiency could cause hair loss too. At the same, I make sure I take Multivitamin and Fish Oils too.

8. All of these started yesterday (20 July 2015).

9. I read somewhere that Nizoral shampoo can also speed up the process. My question is there are two colors - the blue one and the orange one. Which one I should take? Can someone suggest me? Thanks.

10. I will try to update my story in 3 months time. Thanks.

View attachment 34211View attachment 34212

Currently only on Nizoral, and there really isn't any difference, just take the 2%, see if your scalp is okay with the 2%, use once every two or three days, decrease dosage over time to once a week, keep an eye on your hair, see if it feels drier than before after a few weeks of usage, if yes, probably best to decrease usage

Blessed99

Reaction score
I would go with the 1% blue Nizoral but be cautious because it can do more damage than good. Nizoral always leaves my hair looking thinner and dry, I lost a lot of hair using Nizoral. I tried the 2% once and it burned my scalp.

putranda

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the answers.

If it causes my hair to dry and potentially burn my scalp, I think I'll stick with finasteride and Rogaine for now.

Plus, my dermatologist never prescribed me this shampoo. He prescribed me another one which I have been using ever since.

Thanks again!.