My story.. mostly questions or opinions on what to do for scalp inflammation probably

badluckdude

Reaction score
Ok so im gonna try to make this as short as possible. If thats possible. So to get it out of the way ive had a lot of health problems most my life, ive had times where ive lost almost all my hair blah blah. Been in and out of the hospital as long as I can remember dying all that kinda crap. Doctors have said I get that chronic Telogen Effluvium sometimes. Whatever the case after doing radiation one time it took me 2 years to grow back my hair, and so eventually i was like **** this and started taking propecia just to try to keep whatever happens to me probably at least a bit better than it could have been. So yes I take propecia. I have never noticed any side effects for what its worth to those people that care about that.

Anyway about a year and a half ago 2 years ago I started having a bad shed again(I will also say strangely enough this is sometime after I switched to generic propecia but ive had my DHT checked since then multiple times and its still more low if anything)which sucks. BUT for the first time ever, I started developing sorta like dandruff or something. I didnt know if it was dandruff, psorarisis, lupus, what. Just red marks on my scalp, some flakeyness, and some itchyness and was losing some hair on my hair line. Around this time people were even thinking I wore a wig sometimes just to give you a idea how much hair I had. Anyway I didnt know what was going on so I read forums like this and heard stuff like something with ketoconazole is good. Well I put that **** on my hair(hair line specifically)and boom all the red marks got super scaly even more so, and all this hair came out. SO I was like whoa wtf stopping this real quick. Went to a doctor they said we dont see any hair loss(....) but maybe you got some fake ketoconazole shampoo so then they gave me a script for it. Well I put this on and again even WORSE. MOre hair loss. Basically in a few month span I probably lost a good inch off my hair line. No joke. Went to the doctor again told them what happened and well, they said they didnt see me put it on, so that didnt happen, and said I just lost my hair now and I should use rogaine. And I was like just last visit I came in you said I had no hair loss, now you said I just ... lost my hair? Anyway I was like **** you, and they kicked me out of their office lol.

So I go see another doctor, basically hes not much help either. Tries to say you some zinc shampoo, I use DHS and well **** me that burns my scalp to and i lose more hair. I guess im even sensitive to that. At this point one of the visits I go in and the red marks are there and he now say he thinks my lupus has spread to my head and thats whats going on. He looks at my folliciles on my head I guess and says theres no scaring but my scalp is inflammed in thats the problem. Whatever the case yea hes not much help.

So my question is what can I do to stop this? Ive tried keto, I tried zinc shampoos and I guess I just cant take this crap. I still get a little itchy, some red sorta follicletitis sorta stuff and some dry skin. And everywhere its dry is on my hairline and this hair NEVER grows back. Like no joke I said I lost a good inch off my hair gave me some eagles peak action real quick. And its been this way for a year and a half now nothing ive done seems to fix it. Doctor recently said maybe try some lidex on my hairline.. but im not to horny about the idea of steroids on my hair since every time a doctor says something is supposed to work more hair has fallen out.

Also for what its worth as it is now my shedding is all over the place. Sometimes 30-40 hairs a day, other times probably closer to a 100. maybe not that much in teh grand scheme of things but the problem is where ive lost it, it just wont grow back it seems. And im on propecia. My hair tends to break easily to, and I lose very thick short hairs sometimes as well. Sure everynow and then there will be a more thin or whispy sorta hair sometimes. But a lot of times I break off very big thick short hairs.

So any ideas on something that might be good? Thanks

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia only helps with androgenic allopecia. It doesn't help with stressed based telogen effluvium. Steroid creams can help with itchy, inflamed scalps. Minoxidil can help with non androgenic hair loss.

badluckdude

Reaction score
So by steroids you mean stuff like lidex my doctor just perscribed me? ive been hesitant to try it because well im pretty prone to side effects i mean I cant even handle keto etc and my hair has never grown back from where I put this stuff on. Im afraid its gonna make it worse... Ive heard of rogaine etc and my doctor said even I should try but you know, that also says not to put inflammed areas so.. Plus I dont want to deal with a dred shed thing with the fear of it not growing back, plus i read about the rare people that get dark and puffy from it.

Do you have any opinions on that spironolactone cream? And maybe ill up my dose of propecia to 1.25, even if a lot of this is chronic illness every little bit can help I think

badluckdude

Reaction score
Gonna post this looking for ways to stop this inflamation, rashes whatever on my scalp. Everything ive tried has made it worse, or done nothing. Keto, zinc shampoo, now doctor gave me lidex. Still nothing. Heres some pics that show. Doctors are saying I have full blown lupus now I guess. But of course this hair loss has been going on for a couple years now. Every time I get these big pimples or rashes, all the hair comes out around it. Sucks went from people saying randomly they thought I wore a wig to now just trying to cover the spots..... Also for what its worth many of my nails stopped growing as well, or grow with indents in them.

I was thinking of maybe now trying some tea trea shampoo or something I dunno. http://imgur.com/a/GlzHj