My Story -- Hair Loss, Panic And Treatment

Have you experienced difference to shed on finasteride and has it worked?

• Less shed, it's working

• More shed, it's working

• More shed, it's not working

• No change, it's working

• No change, it's not working

• I can't tell either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i read everything and you sounds like a narcissist b**ch but still here's my answer :

You could be a non responder to finasteride, if you Don't have side effects, waiting the 18 months mark sounds right.
I never tried finasteride. Im losing hair at a snail pace since 2 years and now it's bothering me so i pull the minoxidil trigger 10 days ago, Nothing to report since then. But both treaments have synergies, finasteride will prevent your hair from miniaturizing and minoxidil is basically a hair growth boost that kills weak hair and replace it with thick one but doesn't do good in long term because it does not prevent hair from miniaturizing. Combining both you could preserve minoxidil regrowth, if you have some, with finasteride.

Even if it seems to do Nothing now, if i was you i would give a shot at minoxidil because even if finasteride seems useless now it might not be the case while coupled with min.

And btw 75 hairs per day is not an alarming situation, as long as the shedding is that low, your Androgenetic Alopecia isn't going to go full sprint on road to NW6 without signals.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i read everything and you sounds like a narcissist b**ch but still here's my answer :

You could be a non responder to finasteride, if you Don't have side effects, waiting the 18 months mark sounds right.
I never tried finasteride. Im losing hair at a snail pace since 2 years and now it's bothering me so i pull the minoxidil trigger 10 days ago, Nothing to report since then. But both treaments have synergies, finasteride will prevent your hair from miniaturizing and minoxidil is basically a hair growth boost that kills weak hair and replace it with thick one but doesn't do good in long term because it does not prevent hair from miniaturizing. Combining both you could preserve minoxidil regrowth, if you have some, with finasteride.

Even if it seems to do Nothing now, if i was you i would give a shot at minoxidil because even if finasteride seems useless now it might not be the case while coupled with min.

And btw 75 hairs per day is not an alarming situation, as long as the shedding is that low, your Androgenetic Alopecia isn't going to go full sprint on road to NW6 without signals.
Sounds about right to me also...