My Story - Accepting Baldness (first And Probably Only Post)

Europlaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
I felt the need to sign up and post this, I’ll apologise in advance because it’s not a downbeat self pitying story.

I started going bald at 22, had a combover from 24-27. Went to the barbers one day and he didn’t follow my instructions and fucked everything up and basically forced me to shave my head. I knew the day was coming but I wasn’t ready for it and it really brought me down, I felt like I wasn’t the same person anymore. Being 27 I didn’t have any friends in the same position so I turned to the internet for support and advice. If you google coping with being bald or anything similar you will get this forum.

Needless to say what I saw here made me feel worse. This place really makes being bald seem like the worst thing that can ever happen to a man. I remember scrolling though my phone in tears of anger and depression reading the negative stories. Even people posting positive stuff were shot down straight away. ‘You’re lying’, ‘you must be not that bald’, ‘you’re just rich and dress well, what about the rest of us’.

Anyway, I decided against the transplant route (too young anyway) and thought I’d just see what happens. 2 years later and I’ve probably been more successful with women than the previous 5 years with hair. I’m not kidding myself, I’d look better with a full head of hair and some women are a no go, but on the whole it really hasn’t destroyed my life.

Why am I posting this? I’m not looking to detract from anyone else’s lived experience but if you have googled this forum as a way to cope with losing you hair please don’t lose faith. I suspect a lot of the people here use their baldness as an excuse for their unhappiness, which actually has roots in other areas. Going bald is not a death sentence, or an end to getting laid, or any other terrible thing this forum will have you believe. Go ahead and use whatever routes are available to you to halt you baldness if you want - but don’t fear the inevitable.

And don’t make the big mistake I did of using this forum as a reflection of what life is like for the typical bald/balding man.