My Story: 4 Months Into "somebody"s Regime

Tomaten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

First of all I would like to thank you guys for all the information on this forum.

I have made this thread to track my process, and I will keep it updated - and see if can get any improvement.

I am 26 years old and soon to be 27. I first noticed the receding hairline about two years ago, but I have probably been receding for a longer time. The hair genetics on my dads side are pretty bad, but both my mothers dad and granddad died with a lot and thick hair.

In May this year I started on "Somebody"´s regime which is:
1 x daily finasteride
1 x 1,5 ml Minoxidil 5% (I use dermaroller 5-6 times a week before applying minoxidil)
And then nizoral 3 times a week
Other than that I take supplements: Vitamin C, Saw Palmetto, Biotin.
Eating more healthy.

In the first 1-2 months I shed a sh*t ton, and my scalp became very visible. Around 2-3 month my hair stabilized and thickened up. Now at the 4 month mark I am going through another shed. Almost from the beginning I have gotten small white hair in the temples and in the sides of my head, and these have kept growing and some of them are now starting to get pigmented and stronger.

The pictures show my current status 4 months into the treatment, I did not take pictures before I started the treatment, because it made me so depressed.

Should I add anything to my regime to boost the regrowth?

What would you say my current status is in the Norwood scale?

Good luck to all of you guys.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 683
  • image_123986672 (1).JPG
    image_123986672 (1).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 698
  • image_123986672.JPG
    image_123986672.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 683

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re gonna be a NW4 for sure, you’ve already lost a lot from temples, this is clear case of Androgenetic Alopecia. Hair is looking good tho man. Nothing to worry about if you can keep it like that, regimen is on point, maybe you could add scalp massaging ED and ease up on the dermarolling because ED is too much even for 0,5mm. IMO. Good luck!

Tomaten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answer Heinrich. Do you think there is any chance I can regrow to a Norword 2 or 3, or is it only about maintaining and then get a hairtransplant in the future to fix my temples? I know its hard to predict but what is your thoughts? What would you have done?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answer Heinrich. Do you think there is any chance I can regrow to a Norword 2 or 3, or is it only about maintaining and then get a hairtransplant in the future to fix my temples? I know its hard to predict but what is your thoughts? What would you have done?

You are a low Norwood as is. Temples just give the false inpression that you’re much worse. If I were you I’d stick to thit regimen and monitor any side effects. If none, mum’s the word, just keep doing it and enjoy life. After that, you can just switch haircuts to find one you like and suits you.

I wouldn’t consider a transplant. At least not yet. You’d be looking at a conservative approach in the temple zone and best be safe than sorry, should it worsen and you find yourself without enough donor.

Tomaten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate it! I had some few side in the beginning but they are now gone again, so I will stick to regime and hope for improvement. Only 4 months in, so still hope and time for results. Thanks! And best of luck to you sir!

Tomaten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys! I am seeking for advice. Short storty; I had absolute insane results on the abovementioned regime. To the degree, that I never thought about my hair anymore. However, 3-4 weeks before my 3 year mark of starting finasteride, I suddenly started shedding like crazy. Which has been going on for 3-4 months now. My hair has never been in worse condition, my hairline has maintained (more or less), but hair is super thin and see through all over the scalp. As results, I wanted to hear if anyone has experienced this kind of sudden loss of all gains in such short period of time? Want would you decide to do in such case?

I have decided to switch to oral minoxidil (2.5 mg ED) and I have added oral castor oil. Moreover, I am considering adding durasteride 1-2 times pr. week and RU (ED). Have any of you have success on this type of regime? And this there anything that could be added to the stack?

Thereby, would my regime be:
Finasteride 5-6 times pr. week
Durasteride 1-2 times pr.
Oral minoxidil 2.5 mg.
RU (ED)

I appreaciate any comments or thoughts.

All the best on your fight!

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys! I am seeking for advice. Short storty; I had absolute insane results on the abovementioned regime. To the degree, that I never thought about my hair anymore. However, 3-4 weeks before my 3 year mark of starting finasteride, I suddenly started shedding like crazy. Which has been going on for 3-4 months now. My hair has never been in worse condition, my hairline has maintained (more or less), but hair is super thin and see through all over the scalp. As results, I wanted to hear if anyone has experienced this kind of sudden loss of all gains in such short period of time? Want would you decide to do in such case?

I have decided to switch to oral minoxidil (2.5 mg ED) and I have added oral castor oil. Moreover, I am considering adding durasteride 1-2 times pr. week and RU (ED). Have any of you have success on this type of regime? And this there anything that could be added to the stack?

Thereby, would my regime be:
Finasteride 5-6 times pr. week
Durasteride 1-2 times pr.
Oral minoxidil 2.5 mg.
RU (ED)

I appreaciate any comments or thoughts.

All the best on your fight!
Could just be a shed cycle. When you jump on hair loss meds they tend to synchronize sheds and it takes years for the synchronization to level off.

Tomaten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply!

Does this also seems to happen 3 years into the medication? I thought after 3 years it would already be level off.