MY story 24 old guy, diffuse thinner with perfect hairline ..(worse kind of hairloss)

desparado

Reaction score
Hi, I am 24 year old indian, my hair loss started at the age of 17 and I’m a diffuse thinner with perfect hairline. On march I decided get on propecia and minoxidil(no progress), and I have dandruff problem and derm had suggested vichy dercos anti –dandruff shampoo(contains salicyclic acid) after some weeks of usage I had no hair fall (maybe 5-6 per daY,before it was 20-25 when I wash my hair and 7-8 when I comb). Then I changed the shampoo, dandruff started to appear again(this time more severely and lost lots of hair) again went on to use medicated dandruff shampoo(no hair loss this time) , whenever I stop using medicated shampoo dandruff tends to appear again which will be very severe and associated with hair loss and I searched about severe case of dandruff(seborrheic dermatitis) and it may cause hair loss and so far I know I have had dandruff since my teenage years and whenever I wash my hair I get lots of scaly wite flakes along with hair.. When I pull my hair I see white flakes at the end of the hair..

My questions is

1. Is that possible that one can lose hair because of seborrheic dermatitis or any scalp infection?
  2. if that dandruff is controlled.. hair loss can be stopped and grow back?

Waiting for your reply guys.. pls help.. IMAG0458.jpgIMAG0609.jpg

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
It can and can grow back. But if you are suffering from DHT attacking your hair, you will have to stay on propecia. Plust your hair looks great. 99% of people won't notice it.

desparado

Reaction score
thanks for ur reply...how can i know whether its because of seborrheic dermatitis or dht? Excess sebum production in scalp indicates DHT .. right..??

niff1239

Reaction score
I think it is male pattern baldness and your hair won't grow back. However I don't think it's the worst kind of hairloss. Considering you have been losing your hair for 7 years, it doesn't look like aggressive hairloss.
Also why did you give up your shampoo if it stopped hairloss ?

frostie123

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue as you and am the same ethnicity. It started when I was 19 after losing a lot of weight--I'm 24 now. I tried almost everything with the exception of Proscar (scared of the permanent side effects) and nothing has worked. Currently getting some cortisone injections, let's hope that helps out. The sad part is that in my family no one has this problem, only me... my hair line is so small it's as wide as two fingers. I wish I can grow my hair though, my chubby face does not suit short hair :(

desparado

Reaction score
hmmm... i would suggest to wash your hair daily if you have oily scalp and dandruff... lately i have been losing lots of thin weak hairs with very few thick fairs.... but definitely hair fall is reduced when there is less dandruff ..!!!

PatriotKid

Reaction score
Same hair loss type. Similar ethnicity but I'm South East Asian. Im 27 years old, never notice im losing hair until a the beginning of summer. i sheded and went from a full head thick hair into a person who is desperate enough to end up on this site. Decent hairline but thinning and balding at the top. I had a crazy dandruff and itchy scalp for A few months but its getting better after I switch shampoo. I'm using a ketoconzle shampoo 3 days a week and an organic shampoo daily