my six month results on avodart w/pics

G

I agree with WOW, 14 years of treatment and your hair looks like this......Not very encouraging.

I am interested how you got into Rogaine as early as 1993? Did a doctor tell you about it or how did you know?

beaner

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I agree with WOW, 14 years of treatment and your hair looks like this......Not very encouraging.

I am interested how you got into Rogaine as early as 1993? Did a doctor tell you about it or how did you know?

Rogaine has been commercially available since the late 1980's, although it was prescription only, 2%, and VERY expensive for the time.

bopper

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

To be honest, I don't remember how I first got it. I thought it was OTC, but I looked up the first available date of the 2%, and it was sometime in November of '95. However, that was my freshman year in college and I was definitely using minoxidil in highschool. So I must have had a prescription for it when I first started using it. I probably found out about it through the newsgroup alt.baldspot and then asked my derm for a script.

One more thing...I found a pic from '99. My hair was much worse then I remember. Guess the propecia did better then I thought. Of the pics I found, this is the definite worst looking picture in terms of how obvious the baldness was.

head.jpg
[/img]