My Situation (Pics Included)

John D

Reaction score
--

Thought this was supposed to be an information and support forum. Instead I come on here and get slammed.

You people all need to understand that hair loss is hair loss. It may be male pattern baldness related and it may not be. It may be noticable to others or not. It may cause low self esteem or not. Either way, losing hair is devastating and I dont appreciate the insults I have been getting.

If one has cancer and is in remission or has a mild form of cancer, should they not go to cancer forums and post their situations and ask for opinions because everyone else on there is in worse situations then they are...seriously get a reality check.

To those who posted constructive comments..Thank you

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thought this was supposed to be an information and support forum

Hell no. This is where bald guys come to b**ch :laugh:

Seriously, your hair is 99% perfect.

Guy

Reaction score
Ease up guys. Man I wanted to post some pics too until I read some of the threads written inreaction to his photos. I to have just started losing my hair and I am only receeding on one side, will I get slammed to if I ask for peoples opinions. A person knows when they are losing their hair. But I thought this forum was so people could ask each other for opinions on regimens and products they should use.

G

No, its just the way john d posted his situation. Plus he says he is devastated he is losing his hair and his confidence is down the tolet. That just pisses me off. His hairloss is like not even noticeable and he is bitching. You dont have the right 2 b**ch unless you are like a NW2.

Im like a NW1 on left temple, and a NW2 on my right temple right now. John is like a NW1 on right temple, NW0 on left.

John D

Reaction score
--

You are a dead set idiot youngguy17.

This site is not about bitching...it is about people experiencing hair loss that need advice from others who have experienced it.

If you want to b**ch then F*ck off and go see a shrink or something...in the mean time, let people who need advice, voice their concerns. Wankers like you should be banned from these forums...

I mean you ask such stupid meaningless questions like "What do u think bout your hair..."...dickhead

funkster

Reaction score
Hey John

I understand your frustration about the responses you've been receiving. Just ignore them. You know *your* hair. If *you* believe that it's thinning, even if it's not obvious in the photos, then no-one should doubt you, especially since this is supposed to be a support network of like-minded guys.

You'll notice that very few people actually bother posting photos because they know the kind of sh*t they'll receive if they *appear* to have a perfect head of hair. Sure, your photos are not hi-res, and we can't see the whole picture, but that doesn't make you a liar!

I don't care if someone's got a perfect NW1 - if they see that their hair is thinning at the crown, even marginally, that could be *devastating* for them. Why? Because it's the *START* of male pattern baldness that is probably only going to get worse and worse.

You did absolutely the right thing by jumping on male pattern baldness before it took a stranglehold - keep up with the treatments you are on, and *please* keep us posted on your results. They will be of help to far more people in this board than the small number of critics who frequent it.

Cheers, funkster

John D

Reaction score
--

Thanks Funkster

I will keep you updated on my results. I can tell you that my head is extremely itchy and painful but this has been effectively controlled (but not eliminated) by Folligen therapy spray. In addition the anti depressant aropax has calmed my nervous system and really helped my painful scalp.

I am with Bruce Lee when it comes to Folligen though...It is really relieving stuff for the scalp.

By the way I am 26 years old

Axon

Reaction score
Not much loss that I can see.

I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over your head of hair.

If you feel you need treatment, by all means, do it.

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
I see we got some very ticked off balding people in here that want their hair to look like his does.

G

John come the f*** on. You might be right I do b**ch, but you just irritate me.

If you woulda posted something like this "Here are some pics of my hair, do I have any form of hairloss?" i wouldnt of said a damn word and woulda given you postive advice. But you post:

"I have lost 40% of my hair, and I have thinned dramatically"

wtf are you talking about. You lost 40% of your hair my ***. You lost barely if any. "And i have thinned dramatically" yea you thinned alittle, but your hair still has good density. You make it sound like all your hair had an atomic bomb dropped on it. Then we see your pictures and you still have really good density, good hairline, and little loss so that just pissed me off.

Plus post some decent angles of your hairloss areas where you are concerned about. You take pictures at areas where you hair looks good and we cant see the full damage.

Hairloss is hairloss, and its depressing for every1. Yea granted

And I completley understand that not knowing where you hair is gunna end up is depressing. Thats why I b**ch. If i was sure that I could keep all the hair I had right now I would be happy. But not knowing whats gunna happen just drives u crazy.

But you have to realize you make it sound like your hair sucks *** then you post your hair and its better than half the guys hair here.

And im not pickin on you and being negative for fun. If you woulda just posted normally and not of over exgagerated i wouldnt of said anything.

And yea i do whine like a little girl. And yea i am pathetic :)

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me?

why do so many ppl have to post pics like that to make us all feel bad? if u're worrying about hair as thick as that and i little recession, then i guess all of us are just unworthy and should just kill ourselves!

i'm even surprised u have a little recession cause my guess is that u're filled with estrogen and DHT would not non-existant.

sorry to be so harsh, but u know u deserve it.

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
John D...don't start minoxidil yet i advise you strongly to get off it now after these 3 weeks and leave it in the cupborad, keep to a low dose of finasteride (propecia) say 1 pill every-other-day...i don't think you have male pattern baldness from your pics but think the safe-thanpsorry approach of using a preventative treatment anyway is a good one...but i think rather propecia than minoxidil, i don't think you need it - thats something you can maybe use if it starts to become clear that you do indeed have male pattern baldness.

bombscience

Reaction score
Re: --

John D said:
Thought this was supposed to be an information and support forum. Instead I come on here and get slammed.

You people all need to understand that hair loss is hair loss. It may be male pattern baldness related and it may not be. It may be noticable to others or not. It may cause low self esteem or not. Either way, losing hair is devastating and I dont appreciate the insults I have been getting.

If one has cancer and is in remission or has a mild form of cancer, should they not go to cancer forums and post their situations and ask for opinions because everyone else on there is in worse situations then they are...seriously get a reality check.

To those who posted constructive comments..Thank you

Dude, you hair looks good relax. Temples moving into a mature phase is completely normal. If you are REALLY concernted take a minimal dose of finasteride (like 0.2mg) and have a nice head of hair. Make us all jealous some more . If you think you're still receeding in a year.. and minoxidil to the temples.

Jonas

Reaction score
If you lost 40% of your hair, then your hairline must have been connected with your eyebrows. Stop being such a pussy. You have absolutely no hair problems and you shouldn't be allowed here.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
well saying he shouldn't be allowed here is a tad extreme.

But in all honesty posting pictures like that here is totally ridiculous. Maybe you do have a little hairloss and the camera has just been nice to your head in those pictures.

But you tell me, do your pictures look like a guy with hairloss at all to you??? If the answer is yes, then you sir need to go get your eyes checked out.

So post pictures which actually show some signs of loss. Cause all that can be said about those pictures is that youve posted them here for a quick self esteem boost, while at the same time making people with a real problem feel much worse.

Pathetic.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
Man come on give me a fuckin break. Most of us would love 2 have your situation. You are really good shape and your saying your losing confidence. Your hair looks fine man. Plus you comb it back. If you combed it forward you couldnt even tell you had hairloss at all.

My advice, start poppin propecia right away.

Propecia
Xandrox 5% daytime solution -in temple area

you will be fine

A 17 year old advising someone else to use propecia when he hasn't had any experience with it himself..

Dude you have not lost 40% of your hair, if you did there would be scalp showing. You're hairline is still strong but MAYBE a small sign of uneveness... still doesn't mean it's male pattern baldness. It looks thick and dense, show us some before pictures to see how much you've really lost.

Keep your hair the length it is, it looks great. If you've already started propecia, keep taking it.. i think minoxidil is overkill.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
Amen bob. And about long hair, it depends how long you have it and how is your hair. I used 2 look great with long hair. If you saw fast and the fururios number 1 my hair was like Paul Walkers. I was a really good swimmer and I would swim 3 hours a day in the summer and was in the sun all day so I had natural highlights from the sun which looked really good. My hair was grown out and I had good density with natural blonde highlights and thats when i got chicks.

However if i grow my hair out now it doesnt look as good anymore. Which sucks i loved the hair i used 2 have. And bob is right John D's hair just looks homosexual.

It is way 2 long and it thins in the back. Plus that type of haircut he has is just queer. Those ugly haircuts where like popular like 10 years ago. John go hit up the barber. You need a haircut bad man.

One word CLIPPERS

His hair doesn't thin in the back, you freak. It looks fine, and the style of his hair looks fine as well, why don't you post some pictures of yourself before ragging on someone else's? All I've heard is inane blabbing from you.. Half your posts don't even make sense.

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree Richlocks

I think youngguy17 needs to calm down a bit...be a bit more constructive. He has put up some good posts but some are just rude...

John D..I understand where you are coming from...you are prob just in the early stages of hair loss. I think all the people on this site need to understand that their hair looked normal at one point and gradually started to take a wrong turn. John D is probably just beginning his journey.

Never the less things dont look to bad