my situation....a new product, and a couple of question....

Reaction score
my situation....

i have relativly no family history of baldness, absolutely zero on my dads side, and my moms side some of the males have a pretty passive receding hairline, maybe a norwood 2 or 3 at worst so nothing major at all. I have always had extremly thin soft fine hair to begin with, and figured i may end up with a slight receding hairline in my 30's or 40's but this wasnt really an issue, and i dont think it even looks that bad if its not that advanced.....

I was in college and grew my hair out long for the first time, and it look fine, but then it randomly started to drastically thin out. The texture of my hiar went from light and fluffy to almost whispy, and i would wake up with a greasy oily head. My hair never used to be like this, and it started immeditly itching also. I got on finasteride after going to a dermatologist and having him diagnose me with a "very mild" case of hairloss....., and rogain foam, and would use nizordal but for about a year it just seemed to get thinner and thinner. I was still able to cover it up, and it didnt look THAT horrible but it was def very thin. its hard to classify my hair loss, because right out of the shower with thickening shampoo people could barely notice it, but if i ever wore a hat, or my hiar got wet from swimming it would look HIDEOUS. I didnt even post pictures because at times i could make it so i looked like zero hairloss, yet others it woudl look like i was severly diffuse thinning, with little to no crown coverage....anyways, i ended up buzzing my hair, and wearing hats which wasnt that bad, even though my hair was managable it took too much work. I did this for the last several months.

I mentioned to my dad about my hair loss, which shocked him, he actually thought i was kidding because he has a full set of hair and he is almost 60. Being a pretty nice guy, he sent me two bottles of " lamas botanicals" chinese herb stimualting shampoo and conditioner. I am a pretty big skeptic, and after doing osme reading, mostly on this site, i put absolutely no faith in things like this, and figured the big 3 was teh way to go. The shampoo he got me stayed in my bathroom unsued for several months before i decided to give it a try. I let my buxx cut grow out a bit, and have used this 3-4 times a week for several months now, and i find my hair to be a lot thicker and healthier. WHile i do attribute this partially to the finasteride, the thing that really makes me wonder is when i wake up, i no longer have the ooil greasy hair. Since male pattern baldness isnt really in my family, i was shocked to see i was losing my hair in teh first place, but it wasnt just that my hair was falling out, it was just so oily and different. Ever since ive been using this, the oil is gone, and it seems liek my hair is improving......

so i guess my question woudl be...

it says on the bottle that this stuff gets rid offollicle blocking sebum and debris that slow hair growth.......do you think this is what could be helping my hair? MY hair isnt near as itchy or oily anymore, and it feels much thicker and healthier even though i dnt think the finasteride is responsible for this.....

well anyways, i plan on sticking with the finasteride, and kind of just seeing what happens. MY hair line is still resonable, and the crown/top is a tad bit thinner then teh sides, but overall my hair loss when combed forward has become pretty unoticable...

anyone think this stuff could be doing it? (lamas botanicals chinsese herb sh*t) and does anyone have any experience with this product....i am NOT selling this in any way either, i am still a bit of a skeptic, but immeidlty afteer using this, my hiar has drastically improved......

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
"diagnose me with a "very mild" case of hairloss"

No such thing.

it says on the bottle that this stuff gets rid offollicle blocking sebum and debris that slow hair growth.......do you think this is what could be helping my hair?

No

Not sure if you mentioned somewhere in the post (just skimmed), but if you're on Propecia then stay on it. No need for chinese goods.