my shiny scalp

powersam

Reaction score
i apologise profusely if this is a commonly asked question , but i searched the forums and never found mention of it , but how can one lose the shine on their scalp. not all balding men have it , and it really pisses me off. whether its caused by tight skin or buildup on said skin , i dont know. just wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
spray paint the top of your head flat black, that should help reduce glare.

G

Well I will not be rude like the rest of the people that posted and reply to your question. A few things can be done to reduce the shine your talking about. What is causing the shine most likely is a build up of oil on your scalp. You can try washing your hair with a different shampoo, something that would dry up all the oil. The better idea would be to clean your head with some type of skin cleanser for oily skin. Then after you do that put powder on your head, just make sure you rub it in or you will be able to see where you put the stuff. Another thing that is a bit extreme though would be to use makeup on your head, the celebs do it which is why you don't see a glare from their heads.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, nothing rude about bald or balding guys teasing a fellow brother. I'd call it a sign of acceptance. I apologize if we didn't know the answer and it came off wrong.

Also, use a belt sander as orbitals leave swirl marks. And Krylon dries quicker.

jerry grant

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
There is a product called COUVRE that is made specifically for this problem. It is applied directly to the scalp.

You can get it in our Online Product Center here, as well as (wow!) generic finasteride, from a trusted online supplier.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/catalo ... p?cPath=26

HairLossTalk.com

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
From the webpage:

Propecia is a prescription product, therefore HairlossTalk is unable to directly dispense it. A generic version of Propecia has been made available by a major international pharmaceutical company called Cipla. It is called Finpecia. You may read more about it here: http://www.cipla.com/ourproducts/25/finpecia.htm. Since this is a generic, the prices are much less than the $70 per month you have been paying through our previous provider, however you still receive the same 1mg Finasteride; the exact same ingredient found in Merck-Produced Propecia.

I wasn't aware that HairLossTalk.com offered this service. One would think that with a more competitive pricing model, this service would get a lot of referrals.

jerry grant