My shedding on Big 3 is so bad right now

Reaction score
Okay. So i've been on finasterid for 1 and 2/3 month and Rogaine foam for 3/4 month (been using nizoral 2 times a week) and my hair is really shedding right now. It's mainly thin hairs but i count aprox 100 - 150 hairs a day and it's really worrying now. Can someone who've been on the big 3 relate to this? or is the shedding caused by the minoxidil ? i only add it to my temples and the sides..

pwnien00b

Reaction score
my man i've been shedding for three months straight. life sucks, but im trying to ride it out because thats what im hearing works. worse comes to worse i guess i'll have to shave my dome, but i'd have to one day anyway most likely- and im doing everything i can, so i can't complain. :jackit:

Reaction score
Did you loose alot of hair? did the medicine lead to you shaving your head? man , that really sucks. What did you take? full thruttle or just finasteride or minoxidil? and what do you think caused your shed?

pwnien00b

Reaction score
Since i've been on the medicine I've been cutting my hair shorter and shorter. Now, I cut the sides to 1/8" and the top to a 5/8". I notice that the shorter you cut the sides, the better the thinning top looks if it's a little bit longer. It's a comparision thing. If the sides are very short, the thinner hair on top will not be able to be made out as well to the average person ( this depends on how bad the loss is). I believe that mine is diffuse thinning, although I notice most of the thinning right above the crown ( which is weird because my crown is pretty intact).

If the hair i'm losing is really from shedding, than I've been shedding non stop for about 3 1/2 months. In my opinion, it may not be shedding and just be normal male pattern baldness progression because I'm only losing hair off the top- not the sides- and the thinning seems like its creeping its way further along up the top of the scalp. Maybe I'm thinking too much, maybe it's working, maybe it's not. I dunno, but it blows.

I'm currently taking only finasteride, but i may throw in minoxidil. In my opinion, I'm set with the fact that one day soon i'm going to lose my hair. Im in no way happy about it, it actually sucks d*ck and i think about it every day and it sometimes depresses me. But, you gotta keep your head up and think about the rest of good things you got going for you. VERY much easier said than done, but I guess it's true. Some people just get very luck and either lose it later in life or never. But, maybe something else is wrong with them that is worse than male pattern baldness and they'd give a million dollars to be stuck with what I got than what they have. Either way, I'm 21 and losing my hair and it sucks.