My second hair transplant surgery. Where to go? Which doctor to choose?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Feriduni

Just got my much awaited reply from Dr. Feriduni.
This is the gist of what he said:

- 2400 to 2800 FUE grafts.

- Extraction of grafts via FUE method on hairs wrongly implanted outside of temporal peaks.

- Re-extraction of the badly angled grafts in my hairline and re-implantation.

- Fill in the scar, but this I wish not to do, as I will be growing my hair out anyways, so there is no point in wasting grafts on that.

I will keep on keeping you all updated.
Dr. Feriduni will get to me soon, with the possible dates of surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got my much awaited reply from Dr. Feriduni.

- 2400 to 2800 FUE grafts.

- Extraction of grafts via FUE method on hairs wrongly implanted outside of temporal peaks.

- Re-extraction of the badly angled grafts in my hairline and re-implantation.

- Fill in the scar, but this I wish not to do, as I will be growing my hair out anyways, so there is no point in wasting grafts on that.

I will keep on keeping you all updated.
Dr. Feriduni will get to me soon, with the possible dates of surgery.

Theedge

Reaction score
One of Dr. Wong's representatives replied to my e-mail the other day, regarding my situation, my options.

I have two options (but it will be decided on the final evaluation before the surgery):

1. "He feels that if the existing hairline in the front can be transplanted into without lifting the entire hairline out, that may be a good option." I'm told he could also possibly FUE out the hair in the corners/outside of the temporal peaks, and use them to build on the new hairline.

2. "If he feels it is not feasible to do this, he will take out the entire hairline with a possible fue of the corners that are unable to be excised with the removal of the hairline."

(not sure if I'm allowed to copy and paste this, but my sole intention is to share it With you People and hear you out)

I have included photos of my hair. It looks so ****in terible, it makes me want to yell out in frustration and cry my eyes out. :(
I have also included another two photos of what I would like to achieve (the last two images), if at all possible.

What a ****en mess man wow I feel for you . Thats one of the reason I passed on one you end up like ****en frankenstein ! and you
can't even shave you head now!

- - - Updated - - -

You are now his frankenstein run away man get a new doctor
what a horror show man

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
One of Dr. Wong's representatives replied to my e-mail the other day, regarding my situation, my options.

I have two options (but it will be decided on the final evaluation before the surgery):

1. "He feels that if the existing hairline in the front can be transplanted into without lifting the entire hairline out, that may be a good option." I'm told he could also possibly FUE out the hair in the corners/outside of the temporal peaks, and use them to build on the new hairline.

2. "If he feels it is not feasible to do this, he will take out the entire hairline with a possible fue of the corners that are unable to be excised with the removal of the hairline."

(not sure if I'm allowed to copy and paste this, but my sole intention is to share it With you People and hear you out)

I have included photos of my hair. It looks so ****in terible, it makes me want to yell out in frustration and cry my eyes out. :(
I have also included another two photos of what I would like to achieve (the last two images), if at all possible.

What a ****en mess man wow I feel for you . Thats one of the reason I passed on one you end up like ****en frankenstein ! and you
can't even shave you head now!

- - - Updated - - -

You are now his frankenstein run away man get a new doctor
what a horror show man

Thanks for the advice, I guess. I have found another top-notch doctor to fix this hellish situation of mine. Dr. Feriduni in Belgium. He ought be able to clean up most of this mess. so I hope. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Got my pre-operative consultation on the 13th. of July, 2015,
and my date of surgery on the 14th. of July, 2015. Spex has been a great help to me, as well as the staff at Feriduni's clinic. Helpful, amicable and professional. I might opt for a higher hairline and less fue's. They seem okay with this, but he needs to see me in person first, of course.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck buddy. Hope you get your hairline fixed by these professionals. I too do not understand how cruel some 'doctors' can be. Taking advantage of the desperate like that is a low action, than should be punishable.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck buddy. Hope you get your hairline fixed by these professionals. I too do not understand how cruel some 'doctors' can be. Taking advantage of the desperate like that is a low action, than should be punishable.

My thanks! :) Yeah, it's really rock-bottom of a human being to do something like that to another. Poor shame!

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
My thanks! :) Yeah, it's really rock-bottom of a human being to do something like that to another. Poor shame!

Did you go with FUT for your first transplant or FUE? If FUT I do not understand why you went FUE for your second procedure. Anyway good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you go with FUT for your first transplant or FUE? If FUT I do not understand why you went FUE for your second procedure. Anyway good luck.

Edit: I just read your blog. You went for FUT. You have picked an excellent surgeon this time around but he would of charged you less for FUT. Since you already have a scar it would of made no difference going with FUT again and you would of achieved a higher yield as your own doctor points out:

http://hairtransplantation.feriduni.com/en/hair-transplant/a-comparison-of-fue-and-fut.html

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I might go with FUT. Stupid of me naming the blog "fue", haha. I might just have to change that. Fue was my wish, but if Dr. Feriduni recommend me to have an fut instead, then that is what I will go with. He may even improve on the scar that way.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are some top surgeons so eager to work on NW2 patients who have the huge mistake of having a hair transplant at the age of 21 with an unknown surgeon and will refuse to operate on young NW5 patients who need a hair transplant to look normal in society?

Some people get through multiple repairs and seem quite fine, yet someone who would get it right from the start is snubbed. I will never get that.

So I'll give you the advice the surgeons should have given you if they were as honest as they were with me:

You should laser off the misplaced grafts and forget about hair transplants until you're at least 25. You're too young to be a candidate for a hair transplant.

Yes, this was a rant.

No but that will be OK for him, because nonsense and weird double-standards from surgeons.

He wasn't that eager at first, but after having spoken for a while, I think he began to understand the impact it has had on my life.
I see what you're trying to say, I really do. I understand that fue will leave some visible scarring on my forehead and outside of my temporal peaks. Maybe the survival rate will be among the already implanted grafts. I think about 1000 of the 2000 grafts from my first fut hair transplant made it. Maybe if I move the majority of these grafts further up to reshape my hairline, I will need to use less donor hair from the back of my head? I was recommended by another doctor to laser them of. The hairs are very dark and my skin pale, so ideal candidate for laser hair removal. If there is some way to conceal the fue-scars with theater make-up or some such, then it's "fine by me".

I just want some comfort back in my life. This really is hell for me, feeling nervous, uncomfortable and ashamed all of the damn time, not being able to have any peace of mind. It's destroying me. I just want it to look "normal" again, that is all. NO more and no less. And if Dr. Feriduni could give that to me, I could ask of nothing more. I have enough to deal with, so having this repaired would be a HUGE relief to me. I will ask of Dr. Feriduni to take a conserative as possible approach to it, so that he doesn't exhaust the rest of my scalp donor hair (although I have thousands and thousands of hairs on my body, which are coarse and thick and dark).

Dr. Feriduni has given me a "treament plan", but he promised nothing specific before he sees me. I have seen a couple of his repair cases, so that makes me hopeful. I have seen transplants that were far worse than mine, that were repaired. I am not an expert at all on this matter, so I will leave this in Dr. Feriduni's able hands. From what I've read, he is a very ethical, kind and reasonable man. He even gave me a discount on the price, but only because of my last disaster hair transplant and because I am a student.

The last thing I want to do, is to fill in the already-transplanted-area and do nothing more. That would be a huge waste of valuable donor hair. I want to move the whole thing up and change the shape of it to a more mature v-shaped hairline, not build on it.

I will ask Dr. Feriduni about all of my options in my consultation, and what he deems as the wisest course ahead.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I might go with FUT. Stupid of me naming the blog "fue", haha. I might just have to change that. Fue was my wish, but if Dr. Feriduni recommend me to have an fut instead, then that is what I will go with. He may even improve on the scar that way.

I don't think you should take Fred's advice of getting hair lasered off. That is simply a waste of grafts. You should FUE those grafts in a desirable place on your head.

FUE at the back off your head should only be done if you plan on getting grafts in your scar tissue. If not then FUT will probably be better because your doctor will cut where your scar already is. Therefore you will save money, get more grafts done in one session and according to your doctor get a slightly higher yield. Anyway good luck in your surgery you have picked an excellent surgeon.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should take Fred's advice of getting hair lasered off. That is simply a waste of grafts. You should FUE those grafts in a desirable place on your head.

FUE at the back off your head should only be done if you plan on getting grafts in your scar tissue. If not then FUT will probably be better because your doctor will cut where your scar already is. Therefore you will save money, get more grafts done in one session and according to your doctor get a slightly higher yield. Anyway good luck in your surgery you have picked an excellent surgeon.

I agree, it is a waste of grafts. So I won't do that. Only hope my scalp laxity is good enough for another round of FUT. Letting those precious grafts go to waste just like that, is out of the question. The grafts I had implanted in my hairline, are very thick, so they'd make for good coverage. Lasering those off, would be a huge loss. I think propecia (1 mg) has been able to almost stop my hairloss in the crown and on top a little, but not the receding. I see no regrowth there or any sign of it halting, alas. I think my crown is even thicker now than it was a year ago. Heard Dutasteride 2.5 mg is more potent and blocks more of the DHT than the propecia does. Maybe it is time to switch up? The higher dose isn't always the better, I suppose. But do you think it is worth a shot? I take it I have nothing to lose resuming rogaine/minoxidil either. In one of Bernstein's studies (if I do not remember incorrectly), the higher the rogaine was in percentage, the more hairs grew back in the human test subjects. I will most definitely have Dr. Feriduni prescribe me an ample load of medications, so I won't have to worry about that for a while.

In Norway we have product by the name of "Recrea Forte". Anyone familiar with this products? I have never tried it.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems that some people will never learn.

What is your problem? I mean really. I am no expert on hairloss, neither are you. I am certain you know a hell of a lot more than me, no doubt. But I doubt you know nearly as much as Dr. Feriduni or any other top-notch doctor out there. I appreciate your advice, but stop putting me down. I am only trying my best to correct my first and only mistake, hopefully. I doubt Dr. Feriduni and his team would have accepted my case, if they deemed it hopeless or something they could not do anything about. I am not asking for some crazy new, fancy hairline. A mature and appropriate hairline that will stay appropriate even 10 or 20 years from now. I want to take a conservative approach to the problem, and use as few new donor hairs as possible.

I still have thousands upon thousands of coarse, thick and dark body donor hair, from head to toes, literally. I'm a very hairy person. Something I think of as disgusting, but maybe just maybe it will help me in this case. My first hair transplant was a mistake beyond all stupidity. I was a moron for doing that. But I don't see how going for a repair could make things any worse than they already are. If possible, I will use no new donor hair from the back, and just move my hairline up a lot with the use of the badly and wrongly implanted grafts. I have about a thousand of those. But do you really suggest I ought laser of the hairs, let those healthy, strong and dark hairs go to waste just like that, and wait it out until I turn 25... another 3 and a half years of my life, only to end up with less grafts? By the way, didn't you get a hair transplant at 24? I know you were a Norwood 5, so your hairloss is much more advanced than mine. I see how it could benefit me in some ways, but in other ways not. I don't mean to be rude to you or cause any offense, but just because I don't choose the path you consider the best, doesn't mean I am destined for a bad outcome. Just because I choose not to listen to you, does not mean things won't go well for me this time around.

Summa summarum: Nothing is decided as of yet. Upon consultation, Dr. Feriduni may turn me down and tell me to wait, or he may not. But via online consultation, he gave it a green light. Can't know for certain before he gets to examine me close up vis-a-vis. We actually started losing out hair around the same age. It's hell, I know. I curse my genes and I curse myself for it. It is unbearable, especially at such a young and tender age. Sometimes I feel I belong in the circus. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. If I only could look and feel "normal" again. Nothing fancy, just normal. To feel normal again, after having been butchered by a mad "doctor". I am only trying to correct my first mistake, by going to an expert this time around. And by doing that, I believe he will tell me the honest truth and not push anything on me with no hidden agenda. I have learned from my first mistake. Had I not learnt, I probably would have gone back to the same mad doctor and had a second hair transplant, like many others have before me.

PS: I was only referring to a minoxidil-based product (Recrea Forte, 5% Minoxidil solution).

I started with propecia at a young age, so that is a huge plus too.

I wish you all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

I, earlier, wrote I wanted to do some work on my temples to add more hairs and make them more pronounced. I see there is no point in this now. It's not important.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
What is your problem? I mean really. I am no expert on hairloss, neither are you. I am certain you know a hell of a lot more than me, no doubt. But I doubt you know nearly as much as Dr. Feriduni or any other top-notch doctor out there. I appreciate your advice, but stop putting me down. I am only trying my best to correct my first and only mistake, hopefully. I doubt Dr. Feriduni and his team would have accepted my case, if they deemed it hopeless or something they could not do anything about. I am not asking for some crazy new, fancy hairline. A mature and appropriate hairline that will stay appropriate even 10 or 20 years from now. I want to take a conservative approach to the problem, and use as few new donor hairs as possible.

I still have thousands upon thousands of coarse, thick and dark body donor hair, from head to toes, literally. I'm a very hairy person. Something I think of as disgusting, but maybe just maybe it will help me in this case. My first hair transplant was a mistake beyond all stupidity. I was a moron for doing that. But I don't see how going for a repair could make things any worse than they already are. If possible, I will use no new donor hair from the back, and just move my hairline up a lot with the use of the badly and wrongly implanted grafts. I have about a thousand of those. But do you really suggest I ought laser of the hairs, let those healthy, strong and dark hairs go to waste just like that, and wait it out until I turn 25... another 3 and a half years of my life, only to end up with less grafts? By the way, didn't you get a hair transplant at 24? I know you were a Norwood 5, so your hairloss is much more advanced than mine. I see how it could benefit me in some ways, but in other ways not. I don't mean to be rude to you or cause any offense, but just because I don't choose the path you consider the best, doesn't mean I am destined for a bad outcome. Just because I choose not to listen to you, does not mean things won't go well for me this time around.

Summa summarum: Nothing is decided as of yet. Upon consultation, Dr. Feriduni may turn me down and tell me to wait, or he may not. But via online consultation, he gave it a green light. Can't know for certain before he gets to examine me close up vis-a-vis. We actually started losing out hair around the same age. It's hell, I know. I curse my genes and I curse myself for it. It is unbearable, especially at such a young and tender age. Sometimes I feel I belong in the circus. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. If I only could look and feel "normal" again. Nothing fancy, just normal. To feel normal again, after having been butchered by a mad "doctor". I am only trying to correct my first mistake, by going to an expert this time around. And by doing that, I believe he will tell me the honest truth and not push anything on me with no hidden agenda. I have learned from my first mistake. Had I not learnt, I probably would have gone back to the same mad doctor and had a second hair transplant, like many others have before me.

PS: I was only referring to a minoxidil-based product (Recrea Forte, 5% Minoxidil solution).

I wish you all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

I, earlier, wrote I wanted to do some work on my temples to add more hairs and make them more pronounced. I see there is no point in this now. It's not important.

Yes try taking dutasteride and if you get no side effects keep on that. If you get sides go back on finasteride. But do yourself a favour, buy the generic brand of dutasteride from inhousepharmacy. You will be able to save your hair for less than a dollar a week. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me. Don't take that other product you mention. Also wash your hair with nizoral shampoo. Good lukc with your second transplant.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes try taking dutasteride and if you get no side effects keep on that. If you get sides go back on finasteride. But do yourself a favour, buy the generic brand of dutasteride from inhousepharmacy. You will be able to save your hair for less than a dollar a week. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me. Don't take that other product you mention. Also wash your hair with nizoral shampoo. Good lukc with your second transplant.

I also contacted Dr. Feriduni about this via e-mail. I'll wait and see what he says. Thank you very much for your support, I appreciate it! I live in Norway. They do not offer Dutasteride here, I am pretty sure. Only minoxidil, and Propecia on prescription from doctor. Last time I ordered Propecia online from the states, my wares got seized in the customs. Perchance Dr. Feriduni can prescribe me it. I checked with "inhousepharmacy", Dutasteride is out of stock and they only sell the 05.mg one.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
I also contacted Dr. Feriduni about this via e-mail. I'll wait and see what he says. Thank you very much for your support, I appreciate it! I live in Norway. They do not offer Dutasteride here, I am pretty sure. Only minoxidil, and Propecia on prescription from doctor. Last time I ordered Propecia online from the states, my wares got seized in the customs. Perchance Dr. Feriduni can prescribe me it. I checked with "inhousepharmacy", Dutasteride is out of stock and they only sell the 05.mg one.

Well maybe if you are making a trip to Belgium stock up on pills there. If the only way to get dutasteride is through a doctor then maybe book a private consultation with a dermatologist in your country. They usually prescribe what you ask for after all you are paying them a stupid amount of money for a hour consult.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Well maybe if you are making a trip to Belgium stock up on pills there. If the only way to get dutasteride is through a doctor then maybe book a private consultation with a dermatologist in your country. They usually prescribe what you ask for after all you are paying them a stupid amount of money for a hour consult.
Yeah. I'll just wait and see what Dr. Feriduni recommends me to do about it. I still have another 3-4 months worth of Propecia left.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral

I decided to give Nizoral a go. It has been one month now. My hair looks thinner on top than ever, so I quit. Hopefully it will grow back/return to normal. Anyone else experienced this?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to give Nizoral a go. It has been one month now. My hair looks thinner on top than ever, so I quit. Hopefully it will grow back/return to normal. Anyone else experienced this?

I always hear starting any new treatment causes shock to the hair, making it fall out and regrow causing it to look thinner. How much truth is really behind that who know but I dont think the nizoral was making it worse.

shookwun

Reaction score

I wish you all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

giphy.gif

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, i live in Norway as well, and i easily got a prescription for Avodart (0.5 mg Dutasteride)
But i guess it differs from doctor to doctor, my doctor was very understanding and told me that it was allright since i hadn't experienced any sides at all from finasteride.