My scalp is destroyed

trasher

Reaction score
hey.
Dont know if this has anything with my hairloss to do. But my scalp is totaly destroyed. When I scracth my nails against my scalp, its full of something white. Its not quite like dandruff that is like flakes. This is something more like directly a layer on my scalp.
I used to use minoxidil for about 1½ years ago and worked really good, but then it suddently stoped working, and it looked like my scalp wasn't responsive anymore for the minoxidil.
Now my scalp have been fucked for about a year without any use of minoxidil.
Now im trying the minoxidil again, just to see if it can stop my extremly hairloss, but only one week twice a day, it just makes a layer on my scalp and like before, seems like my scalp isn't responsive to the minoxidil anymore.
(I have been using some kind of shampoo weekly.)

- Any advice, or someone who have experienced the some as me??

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Try Nizoral Shampoo (or it's generic) - should clear up that scalp for you!

trasher

Reaction score
Rage said:
Try Nizoral Shampoo (or it's generic) - should clear up that scalp for you!

Okay thanks. Should I just keep on with the minoxidil then?? And how long for the nizoral to work? :)

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
trasher said:
hey.
When I scracth my nails against my scalp, its full of something white.
Got the same thing And Nizoral makes way worse.

Try olive oil or jojoba oil, also massage your scalp every day for at least 5 min and get something like AVEDA shampoo. That helped me though.

trasher

Reaction score
yvakin said:
trasher said:
hey.
When I scracth my nails against my scalp, its full of something white.
Got the same thing And Nizoral makes way worse.

Try olive oil or jojoba oil, also massage your scalp every day for at least 5 min and get something like AVEDA shampoo. That helped me though.

okay thanks.
But do massage with oil help? I also have quite long hair, isn't it hard to do then??
How long time with the AVEDA shampoo, untill the "white stuff" on your scalp was gone?? :)
Are you on any minoxil?

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
Don't put oil on your scalp every day, only 2 times a week- max. And try to massage it in when you use the it.
I been using "Biotin B- complex thickening shampoo" for a year and was afraid to change it but i switched to AVEDA 1 month ago and my scalp feels even better. But since i switched to AVEDA I also put a table spoon of jojoba oil into a bottle of shampoo and stopped using the oil separately.

trasher

Reaction score
yvakin said:
Don't put oil on your scalp every day, only 2 times a week- max. And try to massage it in when you use the it.
I been using "Biotin B- complex thickening shampoo" for a year and was afraid to change it but i switched to AVEDA 1 month ago and my scalp feels even better. But since i switched to AVEDA I also put a table spoon of jojoba oil into a bottle of shampoo and stopped using the oil separately.

Okay, thanks alot. I will try to order some AVEDA then ;)
2 questions.
How often du you use the shampoo, 2 times a week?
And did you have the same experience with the minoxil that i have? That my scalp isn't responsive for the minoxidil and just makes a layer on my scalp?? :)

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
[/quote]
Okay, thanks alot. I will try to order some AVEDA then ;)
2 questions.
How often du you use the shampoo, 2 times a week?
And did you have the same experience with the minoxil that i have? That my scalp isn't responsive for the minoxidil and just makes a layer on my scalp?? :)[/quote]
I wash my head twice a week.
I used minoxidil for 2 years, didn't notice any regrow.
Layer? Is it white flakes from minoxidil? If it is then yes.
But i don't think that it's a sign that your scalp isn't responsive for the minoxidil.

I send a message instead of reply by mistake.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
trasher you shouldn't scracth your scalp with your finger nails because you can damage your hair follicles, use your fingertips instead.
Nails scratching can cause Folliculitis which is an inflammation of hair follicles caused by Staphylococcus aureus. The chances of growing hair in that case are very small.