My roommates are not too concerned about their hair loss.

CCS

Reaction score
Both are man w****s. One is 5'9", the other is 6'4". Both go to the gym often and are about NW2 with some crown thinning.

When the topic came up, the one with the most thinning said the thinning is a bit annoying, but there is no way he'd try Propecia and risk anything happening to his penis or sex drive. He did not seem interested in learning about other options either.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read that Michael Jordan was actually happy when he started balding because he loved his father so much and found it cool that he was going to look like him

Nene

Reaction score
bigentries said:
I've read that Michael Jordan was actually happy when he started balding because he loved his father so much and found it cool that he was going to look like him

I've always felt that if I knew bald men in my family I would feel a lot better about going bald.

CCS

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Nene said:
bigentries said:

I've always felt that if I knew bald men in my family I would feel a lot better about going bald.

My dads pretty bald, but he didn't start losing his hair until his late 30's, I started losing mine at 17. I can assure you it doesn't make me feel much better!

My dad was NW2 at age 40. His forehead just kept gradually getting bigger. Finally around 55 or so the crown started showing. At age 63 the two bald areas never connected. He has lost a lot of hair, but he never was a NW4. His is just a very extreme NW3v, who has as little hair as a slick NW5. I was NW2 at age 12, NW3 at age 19, and NW4a at age 23 when I got on propecia finally. My brother is NW4 or 5 now, and not on propecia. No side effects, he just did not want to stay on it if it did not seem to be working.

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
My dad is 50 with a NW1....

started loosing hair at 18 here.. SIGH lol.

Nene

Reaction score
jon jon said:
My dad is 50 with a NW1....

started loosing hair at 18 here.. SIGH lol.

My father is 57 with a Norwood 1. Even crazier, his father who just passed away in an accident was 79 with Norwood 1 and very slight crown thinning. I was Norwood 2 by 20. Getting to Norwood 3 now at 26.

Reaction score
My Dad started balding at 19 and was about Norwood 5/6 by 26. As for me well who knows? It could have even been as early as 17 as that was the age when I was told I was receding. Yep, I was at school and for some reason one of my male teachers (who was bald btw) parted my hair to one side and proceed to tell me that I was receding and would probaly be bald by 21 (my current age). What could be more embarrassing than that you ask? Well I just so happened to be sitting beside an attractive girl at the time who then proceeds to ask "what does receding mean?" :whistle:

I've never really understood why that teacher felt the need to do that. Fair enough if I was one of those arrogant types who needed taking down a peg or two, but I can assure you that was far from the case. :dunno:

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Sounds like a strong case of levelplayingfieldbastarditus

True mate! So much for the bald brotherhood, eh?

The thing is I could have understood it if I had given this said teacher sh*t in the past for being bald and this was his way of extracting some revenge, but again that couldn't have been further from the truth. Having grown up with a bald dad it's not something I ever even dreamed of indulging in. Plus, I remember at around the age of 14 or so I actually had chat with my dad about the subject of baldness, and his words about how it can be traumatizing to happen to someone at such a young age (as in his case) resonated with me to such a degree that I became even more considerate when it came to the issue of male pattern baldness.

Oh well...I'm over analysing this now!

SemperFi

Reaction score
bigentries said:

Well... I would be actually happy to be black when I found out I was going bald... :D

CCS

Reaction score
My Norwood 2v roommate is down stairs watching a movie with a very pretty woman. He is buff though. Lots of women want him.

Reaction score
I also have a female friend currently on 30 yrs old. She got thinning hair in the middle of the scalp and she just doesn't care about it. And she hasn't got any boy friend.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I remember how Cassin posted up that some of his friends who were balding asked about what he did to keep his hair and a few decided against using treatments because it sounded too time-consuming and rather just buzz/shave it down rather than try and stop it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Err just remember that to the outside world 99% of the guys on here act like they are unconcerned about their hairloss. You never really know what people think about themselves because they dont give it away.

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Err just remember that to the outside world 99% of the guys on here act like they are unconcerned about their hairloss. You never really know what people think about themselves because they dont give it away.

Oh I am sure they care, but they just take it for what it is, a crappy card dealt.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I've become more and more convinced that most guys really just don't care. They accept it and move on. They're either losers and accept it, or they're "winners" like his man wh*** roommates and they accept it. Neither like it, but just deal with it.

I think our problem is that most of us are kind of vain to some extent. We just don't want to lose our hair--and why should we? We had it for years and then it decided to start disappearing. We're just refusing to give up so easily.

s.a.f

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I've become more and more convinced that most guys really just don't care. They accept it and move on. They're either losers and accept it, or they're "winners" like his man wh*** roommates and they accept it. Neither like it, but just deal with it.

Circumstances play a big part, if you get to keep your hair throughout your 20's and by your mid 30's receed to a Nw2-3 (like the case here) then you probably would'nt care less but those same people if they were hitting Nw3/4 aged 24 would probably have issues about it.
And as I pointed out before nobody reveals how they feel about to the outside world, I expect most people Uncomfortable man encounters probably believe he does'nt give a 5hit about it.
Given the option of a cheap fullproof cure I'm sure pretty much EVERY bald guy on the planet would take it even those in their old age.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I was speaking to some girls about this a while ago. They said that all their boyfriends worried about hair loss and they believed all men did, even if they don't say. They seemed to consider themselves in the know about this.

I would never, ever discuss hairloss with women for a plethora of reasons.

SmileBam

Reaction score
It's all about attitude.I think hairloss can be irittating and is surely cruelty for us men.But we cannot let ourselves lead by deception and anxiety.Go work out,be sociable,have friends,party as much as you can...life can be beautiful if you want. ;)