My ridiculous side effects

Felk

Reaction score
Honestly, this is just ridiculous! I was utterly convinced i wasn't going to have any sides on finasteride, but the reality has been very different.

I had to stop finasteride (el.itenetpharm.acy proscar) after a month because of heart pain. I was dead set on not having any side effects or being paranoid, but it got to the stage where I was unable to play music in front of people due to the pain in my heart beating when I got nervous. I quit finasteride, it went away. I started it again, unfortunately it was very bad within a few days, so i quit again.

Anyway, I very much want an internal because I think they're so important in fighting hair loss, and i want one even more so with the knowledge that they're good for preventing prostate cancer if you take them young, and my family has a huge history of this cancer.

I tried finasteride again a week ago, and the heart pain hasnt come back yet. However something else has happened. Me and my girlfriend, though i havent slept with her yet, when we got physical and fooled around I noticed im wasnt getting a boner like usual. I followed up on this and tried to get one later on at home on my own, and it took me about 5 minutes! When it arrived i wanted to see if I could still climax, and i reached this within 2 minutes instead of much longer. A similar thing happened today.

I know finasteride sides are common whilst setting out, and I'd like to try ride it out, but Ill be sleeping with my girlfriend for the first time soon and I can't have this happening. What do you think, since I've only been on it a week, should I just use some other drug to make sure our first time is good, and see if it goes away? Or drop it and sleep with her and see how it goes, then try get on it again later?

As a side note, if the heart pain comes back (like it threatens too) ill try out different finasteride (i.e. generic or something) or just try dutasteride. However I'm only 19 and sorta scared of dutasteride. Help me out my comrades! A few tidbits of advice would be great!

G

You may be having side effects do to paranoia. You are thinking about it too much. Most erectile dysfuntion in young men are mental, not physical problems. Dude just relax and go on f*****g. It's fun.

On the other hand, you may be having legit side effects do to the finasteride. Try riding it out. The heart pain sounds scary and I suggest you see a Doctor about that. Could be from minoxidil, if you are using it.

Felk

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
You may be having side effects do to paranoia. You are thinking about it too much. Most erectile dysfuntion in young men are mental, not physical problems. Dude just relax and go on f****ing. It's fun.

On the other hand, you may be having legit side effects do to the finasteride. Try riding it out. The heart pain sounds scary and I suggest you see a Doctor about that. Could be from minoxidil, if you are using it.

Thanks for your advice. Its definately not from minoxidil, i only use a little bit in proxiphen, and the pain is only ever there when im on finasteride, and goes away when i stop so I certain it's that.

But I'm sure it's not in my head. I was the opposite to paranoid when i began finasteride, I even remember my first side effect being a massive orgasm and being very pleased! :) I was determined that even if I thought i was getting sides I'd just ignore them and hope they went away! This is pretty much what i will do, but I don't want to dissapoint the lady...

Should I pop some l-arginine or just hold off on the finasteride for a bit longer due to the heart pain anyway?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no link between finasteride and heart problems.. it is most definitely due to the minoxidil from proxiphen (5%). Also, it takes about a week before your DHT levels return to normal levels after ceasation of finasteride.

Heart pain is not good.. perhaps try another 2 weeks, and if it continues, DITCH IT!

Felk

Reaction score
I know, i know, it doesnt make any sense. But it's true, this heart pain (and increased burping, strangely) only ever comes when i try to take finasteride.

I've emailed both Dr Lee and Proctor about it, and told them the circumstances. Dr P said his proxiphen had nothing to do with it (hehee :p) and Lee said he didn't know but thought it was the minoxidil. I conducted an experiment he told me to do (minoxidil is out of your system in 3 days) and it pretty much proved it wasn't the minoxidil.

I got the pain on my first pill of finasteride, but it didnt get bad until about a month into it.

However Im not so sure it's the finasteride doing it, i think my finasteride from elite.net might be bad. I sent some to someone here and they said they thought it wasn't actual Proscar even though it claims to be, and they'd been ordering Proscar for a while.

Im going with some generic finasteride from them (which hopefully wont be fake, who'd fake a generic...) and see if it continues.

Thing is its giving me sexual sides too, so it must be legit...

G

Dude all i know is that you better be giving your lady a smooth dickin... its good for your health and hers too.