My R Temple Experiment - Has Anyone else tried this?

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
I have begun applying one small dot of RF on my right temple ...

the foam is great, although i never used the original formula, and applies easily to the skin

i am putting a dime sized squirt on the skin/forehead where i have had slight recession

anyone else try this?

results?

if it does work i plan on doing it on the L as well

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've applied minoxidil to my hairline for over 10 years and it hasn't regrown anything.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
i think minoxidil in front is worthless. you might grow some hair and hold it for a few months but its constantly shedding. id just stick with propecia at rethinking existing hair and halting hair loss for a good 5 years. minoxidil is a pain in *** applying 2 times a day for years for peach fuzz at temples that shed off and on.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
phish said:
i think minoxidil in front is worthless. you might grow some hair and hold it for a few months but its constantly shedding. id just stick with propecia at rethinking existing hair and halting hair loss for a good 5 years. minoxidil is a pain in *** applying 2 times a day for years for peach fuzz at temples that shed off and on.

damn

that sucks

i thought i read it works all over

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil actually works really good in the front for me, however I only have very minor recession since I'm a diffuse thinner.

It's the only part minoxidil seems to work for me.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
eXVee said:
minoxidil actually works really good in the front for me, however I only have very minor recession since I'm a diffuse thinner.

i am too

i havent really seen any growth after a few months of use ... should i wait longer?

amsch

Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
eXVee said:

i am too

i havent really seen any growth after a few months of use ... should i wait longer?

If you haven't regrown anything after a few months you're not gonna regrow anything with minoxidil =/

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I regrew my temples completely using Xandrox 15%.

You're a dickhead.

JWM

Reaction score
If Kiel was ever thinning, it was exceptionally minor. The head of hair he has now is unreal. I'd like to see some pics when his hair was at it's worst.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey there... here are pics from last year. I need to take some new temple pics because they're even thicker now. But as you can see at one point they were thin and wispy. My hairline was not very strong at all... and now its lovely. I'll post some newer pics sometime soon. My crown was also pretty bad and is pretty much perfect at this point. I am now 26 years old (well in 1 month I am).

hairupdate5.jpg

JWM

Reaction score
Holy Sh!t Balls. I stand corrected young fella. Very impressive indeed.

ThinBrent

Reaction score
I'm using the 12.5% stuff from Dr. Lee both mornings and nights now. I used xandrox15 for a few months at the beginning of the year, but I couldn't stand how sticky that stuff was, and I felt like it might not be absorbing as well, maybe because of the lack of propylene glycol.

I've been applying liberal amounts of both foam and liquid to my temples for over a year and I'm not seeing any positive results. One temple is getting exceptionally bad. I'm a little worried that the minoxidil is actually "eating" that temple, since I've read reports from people on here saying it did that to them.

I'm considering just switching to 5% name brand liquid and seeing if this milder approach works. I've also been using retin-a on just that one bad temple, and I'm thinking that maybe I should stop doing that.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing with spironolactone. I have used it for a year now... and this is what I notice. Some days you can feel your scalp feeling sore or almost tingly and this sensation I associate with hairloss or dht attacking the scalp. Every other day I ussually apply spironolactone to the hairline and crown and 15 mins after I do this my scalp feels like a million bucks. I also notice that my scalp will sometimes get very red in certian parts once in awhile. when this happens I apply the spironolactone there and my scalp will become white and clear up there by the next morning. Without applying spironolactone to these parts my scalp will ussually get sore there. So I am a pretty big fan of spironolactone combined with propecia and 15% Xandrox. I love having my hair back and pray that this success continues. :jump:

on another note... I love you guys!

JWM

Reaction score
We love you too.

Is this the 2% spironolactone or the 5%? I can't imagine you getting the 5% cream through that mop.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It actually is the 5%. I put a little on my fingertips and start right at the hair line and keep rubbing my fingers back. Alot gets on my hair and gets it a bit greasy... but I ussually wash it out like an hour or two later.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Kiel did you find that the Xandrox 15% caused any noticeable shedding? I'm thinking about using it for the front part of my scalp and want to know what to expect. Thanks.

Edit: Also how often do you apply it? If you've answered this previously I apologize but searching through post after post can make a person insane. Thanks again.

JWM

Reaction score
He applies it twice a day. When he wakes up, waits a few hours, washes out, then before bed.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Correct.

I did notice a huge shed the first month and so did my friends that have used it. But like after that... I would say as soon as month two you will see a major difference. Two of my friends have been using it and have had the same results as I have and one of them was a norwood 3.5 before he began and now is about a 1.5... he is loving life right now. :woot: