My Propecia Symptons. Is This Normal?

unknow

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post but i am reading this forum awhile. By the way my english isn t that good but i think i can make me understand.
First off all i have a 21 years old and i noticed that my hair started to fall, maybe 4 years ago, my dad is bald and mans of my motlher family aren t. I went to the dermatologist in february this year 2016 and she
prescribed me minoxidil, i had the shed from it but stoped as my hair fall completly stoped and my hair became more thick and also had some regrow. Once month ago i decided to go into finasteride because i was feeling that i wasn t doing enought, like if there are a more efficient treatment i has to take it because im young and have to do the best i can to stop this!
Well, im in 6 weeks into finasteride and i had the opposite effect that was supposed to have! I noticed all of these effects maybe 4/5 days after started.
- My libido increased.
- my ejaculation increased a lot! maybe tripled
- I feel stronger and more agressive (this could be psycologic)
-Once a day maybe e feel a crazy itch only in my hair
- And i started shedding again (this is the real problem here!) since i started finasteride

This sounds like exactly the oposite of finasteride should do!

So,
february-may i was only in nizoral + minoxidil had shed but great results after
may - june im in minoxidil+nizoral+finasteride and the shed comes back

Someone had similar side effects? ty

edit: Im into 0.5 finasteride. generic propecia split in two

Last edited:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
All normal, finasteride decreases DHT but increases testosterone which explains your symptoms. finasteride sheds are very, very common...

unknow

Reaction score
yep increases testosterone but most of finasteride users had decreased libido or didn t affect libido at all, thats the comum side efect. So we all had to be increased libido when taking finasteride by that teory, and that doesnt happen right? and usually people with decreased libido have the better response from what i've been reading. This symptoms scary me to hell because im losing more hair then ever.

Last edited:

unknow

Reaction score
Update:
Since I drop finasteride 2 months ago my shedding reduced a lot gradually (still shedding).
All the symptons have gone except the itch scalp, especially on the crowd.
Now im only on minoxidil, my milacre savior for hair loss..
I hope that shedd disappear completly with time. my advise for who tried finasteride and had the same side effects as me is to drop it immediately

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people report an initial increase in libido on finasteride. My memory of this is a bit hazy, but a decade ago I took finasteride for three weeks. Initally I felt like a million bucks: high libido, great erections, etc. Then something happened and I stopped getting morning woods at all( Still hardly ever get them) One month ago I began finasteride again at 0.25mg EOD. Experincing no sides so as of last week increased the dose to 0.25 each day. I beleive my libido has improved but there are too many variables to establish causation. I've started lifting, taking suppliments, which could be having a positive effect.

Xxx001

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey unknow, I have exactly the SAME problem.

can you give news if the shedding at reduced or not.

Thanks.

unknow

Reaction score
I Think i solve my problem! Omg i cant believe in it! Soon i will post my "homemade terapy" now i dont have much time to right it right.
The user dentch57 should pass here tonight or something tell him

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its somewhat common to have positive sexual side effects from Finn, i had it too, it will decline back to normal after a while. The good news is that those of us who experience positive sides from finn are unlikely to have erection problems later in the finasteride treatment period.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
Since I drop finasteride 2 months ago my shedding reduced a lot gradually (still shedding).
All the symptons have gone except the itch scalp, especially on the crowd.
Now im only on minoxidil, my milacre savior for hair loss..
I hope that shedd disappear completly with time. my advise for who tried finasteride and had the same side effects as me is to drop it immediately
You shouldnt have stopped finn, shedding is not going to continue forever. Minoxidil is a waste of time, just wait and see, youre all exited at first, like so many others, but eventually you will disappear from posting here like all the other minoxidil fans did before you, none come back to admit failure. Anyway, try dutasteride, less side effects.